“A JW Marriott” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai

You added JW Marriott Marquis Dubai to your Saves list
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | Business Bay, Dubai 121000, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #41 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Beijing, China
“A JW Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the top, I don't why it cost me 70 AED to get to this hotel from airport, while it only took me 38 to get back to airport.
The hotel is brand new, with two sky-scrappers, of which, only tower A is operational. Stayed at 66/F with a beautiful view over Gulf. Still, the window needs some cleaning.

The hotel is conveniently located with a 10 mins walk to Business Bay Metro Station, only one stop to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. But given the burning sun in Dubai, a 5 mins walk would actually act like a marathon. Besides, it's not expensive at all to take a taxi.

Check-in during the late night, was somehow not as smooth as expected. A group of crew has just arrived before, and clearly occupied the most desks. Surprisingly, I got a cold "No, and you have to wait" when I asked the concierge to take me to the lounge floor as an elite, and it was even more odd especially when I finally had my turn and the receptionist asked me again why not directly going to the lounge for a private check-in.

The outdoor pool is quite nice, with a direct view of Burj Khalifa, but it closes at 9pm.

The 24-hrs running lounge occupies the entire 37/F, which certainly adds extra preference for this hotel.

The service, however, still carries the JW Marriott style. People recognize you, chat with you, offer introduction and recommendation about the city. For the very most part, I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback.We are pleased to know that you had an overall pleasant stay, and we hope that you can accept our sincere apology for the arrival experience. We look forward to your future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the week they had their Grand Opening - lots of buzz and excitement in and around the hotel. At that stage about 50% of the 1600 rooms had opened, still a seizable number.
I stayed for business and the hotel is ideally located, close to my HQ.
Yes the lobby is big, but I found the front office staff knowledgeable and efficient. There were plenty of hosts in the lobby to help with any requests you might have.
A large proportion of the hosts in the hotel are Eastern European, so I guess guest demographics would reflect that.
lifts are a bit hidden, but the room ( standard ) was magnificient - oversized, nicely decorated, great bathroom, good desk space etc.
Why though in 2013 are we still paying for WIFI?? That really should be included in the rate.

The breakfast restaurant is a bit hard to find - in a hotel like this it is odd it has zero presence - and you can only get there by elevator?? But the restaurant and the breakfast are great, even after 2 days staff recognised me and remembered the coffee that I wanted ( as an Aussie that is very important, coffee that is ). Unbelievable choice of breakfast items served from 4 or 5 different stations, well done!

the French restaurant in the lobby is just ok, the sports bar is a gaudy disaster, the lobby bar lounge looks very inviting, but serves no alcohol and the Japanese restaurant is a little gimmicky but good.

I enjoyed staying here and I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again on a future visit to Dubai.
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Currently staying at this property. Lobby and public areas are suitably grand and impressive for a luxury Dubai hotel, sadly, behind the scenes the service and hospitality is lacking far behind. Surprising that this hotel has been operational for 6 months +....

Major frustrations include paying for Internet, even though room tariff is $300++. Even chargeable in public areas...! Not the ease of connectivity you would expect from a business hotel. Also no stationary in the room...

When requesting milk for tea from room service, told, we don't serve milk in the rooms...after persuasion in room dining agree to send milk when we offered to pay.

Rooms are OK. Connectivity for gadgets is great with USB ports etc. lighting system sophisticated but flawed. At night when turning on bathroom light, all other room lights come on... Night lights and panel useful, but very bright at night. They should follow Jumeirah standard with a thoughtful fabric cover for all light gadget panels.

Bathroom large and smart, but bad drain smell near toilet and sink with difficult plug that needs to be unscrewed to be removed. Amenities are the lovely aromatherapy associates- the silver lining.

Perhaps this hotel needs more time to be able to operate all 1700 rooms to JW Marriot standard, but for now, there are much better places to stay in Dubai.

• Stayed May 2013
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
As a JW Marriott hotel, it is paramount that we appropriately reflect the level of service and attention to detail that our guests expect from the brand and they most certainly deserve. We sincerely regret that this was not the impression you received during your stay. We value your feedback and regret that we did not have an opportunity to speak with you personally prior to your departure. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again. Thank you.
Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

From the moment you walk into this grand open atrium lobby you see literally nothing except a big round table with flowers … the lobby is virtually an empty space with no chairs or sofas and everyone is standing figuring out where to go.

I walked in with bags, no one wished me, no one smiled. At the reception area multiple counters were there and huge pillars were between them so you couldn’t see which counter was free… there were no ushers or host guiding us. There was no separate check-in for Marriott Rewards members. People randomly stood crowding the reception, there were no line ropes or anything to guide new guest. I stood in line, and when I approached the counter, the receptionist simply left the counter (without making any eye contact). We had to scramble to other counters, when finally one of the receptionist got free. From the doorman, to the concierge, to the receptionist, no one smiled. It was probably the most un-welcomed I’ve ever felt at a Marriott (and I’ve been a very loyal member to this chain). It appeared to me to take the shape of a badly run sterile business hotel with large number of conference attendees (which were all there with their conference badges), and the staff were just trying to get through the volume with the most insincere barely-there service!

For the large hotel complex it has a very small pool, and we ate at the pool-side grill (two beef burgers) and it took us 1 hour and 17 minutes… yes we started to count the time because it was delayed so badly. The table next to us, sent their food back 3 times as the orders were not taken properly, and another table refused to pay the bill and walked off due to the late arrival of food. It was TERRIBLE! Having said that, when the food eventually did arrive, it was delicious.

The room décor is the only redeeming factor of this hotel (which has so much potential). The room layout with the huge bed wooden corridor, and full wall of mirror and the huge original art spelled luxury…and then when you walked to the bathroom it was pure perfection. Huge bathtub anchored the main space, that lead to a smaller area for the WC, and then a separate shower area… it was really amazing. Too bad, even your stay in such a beautiful room is spoiled the minute you interact with any sort of service like I did at ordering breakfast. They got my order wrong. The morning of my checkout at 11:30 the electricity power auto switched off (the iron, the TV, and the laptop charger) when I called the reception it was because I had to checkout!!! … After yelling at them that I needed to iron my clothes before going to the airport, the engineer was sent to my room to make the specific outlet of the iron active again so I could complete my choir and checkout.

Upon checkout, no one asked me if I had a nice stay (because I was really prepared to tell them exactly how I felt). .. but they didn’t all they wanted was to have me out as quickly as possible to take in the next load of conference check-in.
I’ll never be going back to them again, and I strongly urge those spending their own money on this hotel to not waste it, and go for another option.. there are many other luxury options for the same price-range!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your stay. Your opinion matters to us and it is concerning you felt that you were unable to share your comments with us during your stay as well as upon check out. At JW Marriott we strive to provide a 5* service and sincerely apologize that we missed the mark. Please know that we are addressing your feedback with the appropriate mangement teams so that corrective actions are immediately pursued. Thank you.
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My stay in Dubai was made all the better because of the beautiful Marriott property. From the minute you enter the hotel you know you are in a five star property. My room was on the 61st floor with an unbelievable view of the water; the bathroom had a fabulous large shower, lots and lots of beautiful towels, and the room was clean, clean. Each morning I received hot, hot coffee and a basket of croissants served with a smile and a wonderful attitude, which I loved. All of the restaurants I tried were wonderful, especially Kitchen 6, with their varied selections to offer. I stayed for two weeks and wish it could have been longer. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: All rooms have very good views of different sorts.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review, and we look forward to your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Even though the hotel is magnificient in the first sight, the rooms were a little dissapoiting! The best part was to stay at the 66 floor! The view was expetacular and breathtaking! The downsides were the services of the front desk staff and also the concierge! It seems like they still need training to aide tourist with information.

• Stayed April 2013
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay; However, we are concerned that our associates were unable to provide you with thorough tourist information. Please know that we have reviewed your feedback with the appropriate management teams so that we can work towards improving the services provided for our guests. Thank you.
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here in april for 3 nights, we are a married couple with one infant. It was really an enjoyable stay. The lobby is awesome with all the burining candles and flowers. The staff are all friendly. I did not try the hotel pool or fitness club...etc to comment on them though.
The breakfast was nice too, but it was not amazing and the food tables were far away of each other.
Please note that there is an easy way to get to Dubai mall from the hotel. The GPS map google showed did not have the new roads leading to the hotel drawn so I had to follow the it to take me a long way around. So I recommend asking the concierge about how to get there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your great review. We were happy to host you and your family and we hope to be able to welcome you again on a future visit to the city!

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Dubai? Share your experiences!