“Outstanding Hotel and Staff inc Management ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Ranked #29 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
“Outstanding Hotel and Staff inc Management ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is our 3rd time in Dubai, but 1st time at JA Ocean View Hotel.

Outstanding hotel with excellent service throughout.

Kids Club-(Cool Zone) is amazing!
A Big THANK YOU to Snow & The Team in Cool Zone for looking after our son.

Ramji the lifeguard was great with our son in the pool , always watching out for him and helping him in the pool, Thanks Ramji.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

We still have 3 more days here, but having spent 6 days here already this has been a perfect place to stay.

This was the perfect holiday, thanks to All the team at JA Ocean View Hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Alpesh P,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was outstanding with excellent service as you had a perfect holiday whilst staying with us, as well as to my entire team who looked after you during your stay whom you felt were great and helpful. I do also appreciate your positive comment about our Kids Club, CoolZone which you have kindly written was amazing.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We arrived very late at night off our flight,to a lovely cold welcome drink and cold towel.we were upgraded at reception to 19th floor lovely sea view room,I think all have a nice view though.
We went out immediately in search of a bite to eat and when we came back we wee greeted with a happy honeymoon cake and a letter stating to call for a complimentary bottle of wine or bubbly which was a lovely touch and great as we were only starting our honeymoon.
Location:
Excellent for walking to beach(too hot for us) or down the strip to restaurants,cinema etcc...we didn't want a hotel where you had to taxi even to get a coffee so for us,ocean view excellent.if you did need a taxi they got one for you right outside.
We used the hotel shuttle bus to go to dubai ball then taxi'd back late that evening after dinner etc...
I'm doing a trip report on forum with restaurant recommendations and things to do if only 3 nights or two really in our case arriving late.
Pool:
We attempted sunbathing in the shade mainly and was very relaxed atmosphere,not too crowded , i would highly recommend to a first time dubai goer!I did not use gym or salon.pool bar had nice light bites if you wished
Overall staff very very friendly! I felt it had 5star quality,great location, prestige clean!and a great start to our honeymoon....

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Louocall,

I must say that it was truly fulfilling to see that you had decided to celebrate a special occasion with us, and overall you had an enjoyable stay! Creating memorable experiences to our guests is one of our core values, on which I was also glad to know that you appreciated our presents to you.

It was lovely to read your positive comment about the accessibility of the hotel’s location which you have kindly mentioned was great, the facilities available in the hotel, the cleanliness of your accommodation, as well as the service that you received from my team whom you felt were very friendly and it had 5star quality.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Even at 4am the hotel made a fantastic impression and it proved to be outstanding in every respect day or night. The staff at all levels were very friendly and helpful and the room was very large, cool and modern. The breakfast buffet was the largest and most lavish I have ever seen for a 4-star hotel and incredibly good value (the restaurant buffet in the evening was also enormous and well worth staying in for). There was plenty of room in and around the pool but the beach was only a short walk away. 'Beach kits' of towels, mat and umbrella are provided for guests by the pool staff to take away. There is also a very useful Courtesy Bus that takes you from the hotel to the main malls (be sure to book a place on the bus with the concierge in advance and also get to the pick-up point early to not miss the ride back). All-in-all this hotel cannot be faulted.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear andypeg123,

I was very satisfied to know that you had a fantastic impression about your stay with us. It was good to read that you found the hotel to be perfect, spacious and modern. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the buffet breakfast served in our very own restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was enormous and well worth staying in for, as well as the facilities and amenities available in the hotel. I am very much thankful for your compliments about my team whom you felt were very friendly and helpful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hotel and had a fantastic stay, the location is convenient with the shopping district and many restaurants around the corner. Everyone at the Hotel went the extra mile to make us feel at home from the doorman Abid who assisted us with the luggage and lucy who assisted us with our check in, nothing was too much for her. My son and nephew had a lovely time at the children’s club while my wife enjoyed a well-deserved day at Spa. The food presentation was fantastic and the taste truly sumptuous. I give five stars for Forgo Vivo and La Rivage. Anne, Patrick and Luche were truly wonderful and gave us the best service. A big thank you to Vinay, Elena, Jules, Noel, Naeem, Sarath, Lakshmi, Ali and team and of course the hilarious Hashim from the front office, always eager to chat with us and assisted us with our endless queries. Our room attendants Leah and another gentleman I can’t remember his name kept our rooms neat especially since we had 3 children. We had a blast and highly recommend the Hotel. We look forward to the next time we visit.

Cheers
M.N. Ndosh and Family

Room Tip: Check with the front desk for any promotions, great value and savings
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mojovi,

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I fully valued your positive feelings about your stay with us!

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, and I am very much thankful for your positive comments about the hotel, and most especially the service provided by my team whom you have personally acknowledged by name and whom you felt were entertaining, helpful, as well as they were truly wonderful and gave you the best service. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Stockport, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was our first visit to Dubai adn after an early flight we arrived at 5am and they gave us a room to sleep in until ours was ready. From the moment you enter the reception hall and service is outstanding and makes you feel totally special. The entrance is modern and spectacular. The rooms are large and ultra modern with great balcony and breathtaking views of the Palm! The buffet at Le Rivage (we were half board) was AMAZING, five star standards all the way from the wheatgrass shots and natural honeycomb providing honey in the morning to the oysters at dinner - Narrotam ensured everything was ok and attended to our every need. At the pool my son bumped his head and they sent a nurse to ensure he was fine, and reall ytook care of him, aklthough he was just fine! It is a 4 star but we statyed at the sofitel next to it after we left there and this was not a patch on it, and that is 5 stars!!??Thank you so much Ocean view teram for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Donna H,

I was extremely pleased to read your very detailed and candid review, and I was pleased to know that overall you had a fantastic stay with us. It was also nice to hear your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned to be modern and spectacular, the spaciousness of your accommodation with great balcony and breathtaking views, as well as the buffet served in our very own restaurant that you considered to be amazing with 5star standards.

I do truly appreciate your kind compliments with regards to my team whom you felt had attended to your every need, provided an outstanding service, as well as made you feel totally special.

Lagos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

On a recent trip to the UAE in August 2014, we stayed at this hotel for one night as it had been recommended. Check in took some time - the reception did not really seem organized. My room was nice and comfortable but had two single beds joined together, each made up separately. I had to call them to make the two beds as one, which they did. There was so much food at the dinner buffet but so so few of us in the restaurant that evening. Breakfast was nice and a lot busier. Check out was something else. Our bills were muddled up. They need their front desk computerized to ensure that mistakes are not made! Road works around the area made traveling by car tedious. The only bright spot was Bishow, the concierge, who did well. Thanks Bishow!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kumbs O,

I was very disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied in few areas of your stay. I can see that you have highlighted on your review some areas for improvement, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced whilst staying with us. I can confirm that I have personally addressed and discussed every feedback that you have highlighted with our respective departments, in order for us to make any necessary improvements and to maintain our usual high standards of service.

Nevertheless, the kind compliments you have written about my team who looked after you, is very much appreciated.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We just returned from this magnificent hotel after 7 days of luxury. From the moment we entered till the point of departure, they simply could not do enough!

The hotel is a stone's throw from the beach whilst there was always a sunbed/lounger available by the pool. The breakfast was superb in their Le Rivage restaurant. Worthy of any palate.

The only downside through no fault of the hotel was the constant development going on in the region. A testament to the constant expansion of jumeirah beach. This did not impede the quality of the service given nor their constant attention to make you feel elite.

A truly great stay!

Room Tip: Close to both jumeirah beach and dubai marina.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Azrahman,

I was delighted to read that you had a truly great stay with us, and you found the hotel to be magnificent. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the swimming pool facilities available, as well as the breakfast served in our very own restaurant Le Rivage which you have kindly written was superb and delicious.

The area on which the hotel is located has been developed significantly, and it appears to be a fast-evolving leisure area where nowadays become a very popular tourist and local destination especially because of some newly added attractions.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!