“Perfect In Every Way ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

Save Saved
You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #26 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Newcastle
“Perfect In Every Way ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for 5 wonderful nights & it's the perfect location , staff all excellent & all happy & friendly . Highly trained . Hotel stunning & spotless .We had breakfast included & it was very tasty & everything you could imagine . Rooms gorgeous , we were on the 21st floor room 2113 & it was a Ocean view room , you can even see the Palm & Atlantis hotel from the balcony . Mini bar in room with all you need . Beds pillows lovely everything perfect . I cannot fault a thing . Would defiantly return & recommend to others . Beach gorgeous & sea warm & very clear . 1st time on Dubai & words cannot describe the holiday we've just had , we packed so much into our 5 nights . Thank you for making our holiday so special . It was my fiancés birthday & the hotel made him a gorgeous cake . Loved every minute of it Carole & Mark xx

Stayed July 2014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Carole & Mark,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was very good to read that you found the hotel to be in a perfect location, stunning and spotless. I also enjoyed reading your positive comments with regards to your accommodation and its available amenities, as well as the breakfast served in our very own restaurant.

We are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I was delighted to know that we made your holiday so special, and you also appreciated the birthday cake that we provided. I would like to thank you for your kind words about my team whom you felt were all excellent, happy, friendly and highly trained.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Patong, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent!!! Great views over looking the palm, & the best staff in Dubai !!! also one of the best value hotels in the emeritus!!! though you wouldn't realise it until you looked at the bill, you would think your staying in the Burj Khalifa!!! Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the city in Ramadan.. night life is restricted!!! but amazing place to stay!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Outinthefield2013,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your recommendation and for your kind words with regards to the views from the hotel, the price that we are offering, as well as to my team whom you felt were the best in Dubai; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nothing for family's at this hotel the kids pool was closed due to refurbishment if we had been told this at the time of booking we would have booked another hotel also no where for family's to watch the world cup final. The day before the world cup final we were told we could watch the football at the Girders garden bar with kids we thought great, on the night of the football we went to the garden bar only to be laugh't at by a very rude and threatning doorman not a hotel for family's

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear KevinJacqnErin,

Due to unforeseen circumstances and maintenance issues, unfortunately we had to close the children swimming pool during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced; however, our guest safety is of paramount importance to us and I would like to thank you for your understanding.

The Girders Garden, being a bar is different amongst others as it caters a different type of clientele; hence, there are some restrictions on children. I was disappointed to learn that you had experienced miscommunications, whilst dealing with my team, and I can assure you that I will personally look into the matter. I would be most grateful of further information so that I can address your concerns in more detail, and to take any necessary actions to prevent similar reoccurrence in the future.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the near future.

Carlow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

JA Ocean View Hotel was exactly what we needed for our stay in Dubai. The staff were absolutely superb as was the location of this hotel. There was a public beach a five minute walk away and the hotel supplied a beach pack to all who wanted to use it. The pack included an umbrella and towels for the beach. The pool was lovely as were the pool staff. All towels were provided. Rooms were beautiful and clean. Wifi in rooms was excellent. The hotel supplied a shuttle bus service to all nearby malls. We went to a few and even got the shuttle bus to go to the Mall of the Emirates to the Ski Dubai (which I highly recommend doing on your visit to Dubai). We were going to go for a more expensive hotel because we wanted a private beach but this hotel even supplied a shuttle bus to one of their sister hotels which had a private beach that we could use. The breakfast in the hotel was lovely! It provided all kinds of foods to suit everyone's tastes. I ordered room service one night which was absolutely lovely. Food was gorgeous! My favourite part about this hotel had to be the staff though! They were so helpful and kind. They offered to post our postcards for us, they helped us find our way to Abu Dhabi airport. They helped us arrange tours and a safari. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! When I return to Dubai, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear funinthesunCarlow,

It was lovely to know that we had met your expectations whilst staying with us. I was very happy to read that you found your accommodation to be beautiful, clean and has an excellent wifi, as well as the breakfast served in our restaurant which you felt was lovely.

As we embrace the importance of recognizing our associates needs and success, I do appreciate your kind words about my team who you considered to be your favorite part about our hotel. You have also kindly mentioned that my team was absolutely superb, so helpful and kind.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We are staying for the second time in JA Ocean View Hotel in Dubai Marina. The hotel is very conveniently located right on JBR Walking Street. The hotel is excellent both for business and vacation travelers. Excellent reception services, very helpful and informative, especially from Sanjaya. Great restaurant with good variety of food every day! Excellent housekeeping service, which is done twice a day in the afternoon and not late in the evening. Truly friendly and professional hotel personnel. I definitely recommend this hotel to other visitors of Dubai.

Room Tip: Choose either Superior Suite or Club Suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Larisa G,

I have to say that I was truly pleased to read a positive review especially from our returning guest who always enjoyed the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the variety of food served in our very own restaurant, as well as the housekeeping and reception services which you have kindly mentioned were both excellent.

We do acknowledge and enjoy our achievements and successes, thus, your compliments to my team are very much appreciated whom you felt were very helpful, informative, truly friendly and professional.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel recently and as a single women on my own I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried
Everyone from the security guys to the cleaners to the pool staff were amazing remembering my name and saying hello each day
I didn't realise that I was upgraded as to a superior room which was fabulous amazing views on the 23rd floor
This hotel has so many good points there are two many to mention but free decent wifi and fabulous staff and amazing view are just three of the many good points this hotel has

I've booked to come back again in August this time with my boyfriend and even though we couldn't get the amazing price that was advertised online its worth paying the extra amount to be assured of a fabulous and friendly stay with a fantastic view
Last time I paid 500 pounds for a week it's almost double this time but worth every penny

Keep up the good work

Room Tip: Every room is fabulous and has a sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear T D,

It was a delight to know that you had a fantastic stay with us, and you have also decided to return on your next visit in Dubai which is very nice to hear! I do appreciate your positive comments about the facilities and amenities available in the hotel, as well as the amazing view that you have from your accommodation.

As we are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, it was always a good feeling every time I am reading wonderful praises with regards to my team. I will definitely pass on these compliments to them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

From beginning to end this hotel could not do enough for you. We stayed on floor 20 and the views were beautiful. The pool area was lovely. And the staff on the towel hut even found me a sunbed and laid out a towel for me. Lovely beach a short walk away with complimentary beach pack which was a lovely touch. Rooms were lovely and clean and modern with a pillow menu for you to choose from if you wanted too. My 9 year old used the kids club for a couple of hours which was a nice added extra. The nicest touch was the man on concierge (sorry. Cannot remember his name) gave her a teddy as we left. And It made her day. He was fantastic and so helpful with questions throughout the stay and grabbed our luggage before we had chance to to help :) definitely recommended and will be returning.
Only minus point is the internet was very weak in our bedroom. But who goes on holiday to sit on the internet???

• Stayed June 2014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Clairecruse84,

I can see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and I enjoyed reading your positive comments about your accommodation which you felt was lovely, clean, had beautiful views and offered a pillow menu that you appreciated.

We are always genuine, sincere and honest in everything we do; therefore I am very pleased to hear that my team looked after you with a heartfelt hospitality and they are also one of the reasons behind your fantastic holiday!

Otto Kurzendorfer

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!