“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Ranked #29 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

First time I've ever written on TA, but the service at the hotel was so good I had to post a review. Initially the airline had lost my suitcase but the hotel were happy enough to follow this up for me and my suitcase was retrieved the following day. Everyone was very polite and helpful, food was superb and the facilities were excellent - especially Ishwor on the front desk - he was superb and every time I was in the area he always greeted me by my name - in a hotel FULL of people this personal touch made it all the better. We only stayed two nights as it was a short break en-route back to Australia but would definitely return if I was ever in Dubai!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel and its facilities. It was also nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received from my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you acknowledge by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were very polite, helpful, and superb! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, fast check in all staff are really helpful, the hotel is in an excellent location on jumeriah beach with lots of restaurants and shops near by. The public beach is short walk from the hotel, but the hotel provide a beach bag with towels and matt.
The only down side about this hotel is the pool area as it is at the back of the hotel over looking the sea, it is in the shade until around 3pm which is no good for sun bathing.
The good at the hotel is lovely couldn't ask for more.
The rooms are spacious and very modern.
The free shuttle bus to the attractions is great, you can also visit the jebel Ali sister hotel which has a lovely pool and beach area for sun bathing.
Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear AB_SU48,

It was lovely to read your review. I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were excellent, good and lovely, the service that you received upon your arrival, the hotel’s accessible location, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the spaciousness and modernism of the rooms in the hotel, as well as the beach amenities that you enjoyed. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property.

I have noted your feedback about the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control. I am pleased to inform you that we are listing our customer feedback, have reacted already and are currently finalizing a 2nd sun deck area on the other side of the hotel’s tower, hence by Christmas we should have sun coverage on the pool side of the hotel for 6 hours, while the promenade side has the other 6 hours.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were really helpful is highly appreciated. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Perth Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good hotel in very expensive city, breakfast good and city interesting viewed from hop on, hop off bus.Weather was fine and warm and city clean but a bit sterile. Shopping centres are a bit underwhelming though more than adequate.
Two days plenty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Fryzer,

I was happy to read your review, and I was pleased to know your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was good, the views, the atmosphere, the free shuttle bus service that you enjoyed, as well as the food served in our restaurant which you felt was good.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights. Nice new modern hotel. Good for access to The Walk - restaurants and easy to get taxis (like everywhere in Dubai). Pool bar good in the evening with ladies night on a Wednesday. Really disappointed not to be able to sunbathe by the pool - which is in the shadow of the hotel. Private beach area currently closed (because of construction). Public beach very busy & no beds available. Transport to a sister hotel available daily however 25 minutes travel time & needs to be booked a day in advance.

With a sea view room a lot of construction to see at the moment but high enough (13th floor) to see past it. No sunshine on the balcony either. Good size room. Free wi-fi. Great buffet breakfast and ate at the Brazilian restaurant - also good food and service.

Our only reason for not using this hotel again would be the inability to sunbathe at the pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AMG4010,

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were nice and modern, the hotel’s accessible location, the free WIFI, the room which you found has a good size, the ladies night that you enjoyed, the service that you received, as well the food served in our restaurant which you felt were great and good, in particular at Fogo Vivo.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control. I am pleased to inform you that we are listing our customer feedback, have reacted already and are currently finalizing a 2nd sun deck area on the other side of the hotel’s tower, hence by Christmas we should have sun coverage on the pool side of the hotel for 6 hours, while the promenade side has the other 6 hours.

Our guests are also encouraged to visit our sister property if they wish to be in a private beach facility, wherein they can reach by the complimentary shuttle service that we provide several times every day. This exclusive and private beach facility is not accessible to any other hotel or their guests located on the Dubai JBR Walk.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Stewarton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a short stopover in Dubai 21st -23rd October, after holidaying in Thailand but unfortunately my husband fell ill on the day we were due to leave and was hospitalized. The care and attention of all the staff was superb, the phone calls made on our behalf was exceptional, and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to our friends and to anyone who is reading this.

Fantastic hotel with wonderful staff. Will be back again, hopefully in the very near future.

A big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maureen T,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel which you have highly recommendable. It was also nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received from my team who looked after you during your stay. You have kindly mentioned that they were wonderful and superb! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

So there are alot of complaints about the ongoing construction around the hotel area.
Yes, the construction is there but it doesnt really make it a reason not to chose this hotel.
It does cause a bit of traffic (3 way traffic light) directly outside the hotel and as for the noise - this is minimal, ask for a room as high up as possible if you are very sensitive. We were on the 16th floor (out of 24) and didnt really hear anything. I mean if you left your balcony door open then you might hear a bit so guess what? - close it!
There is music coming from the pool side shisha bar on some nights so do be aware of this but again, closing the balcony door does solve it..

The hotel itself is brilliant as are the staff - each and everyone of them were very helpful and friendly. We stayed here for 4 nights in Nov13.
Had breakfast buffet at the hotel on one morning, 95 AED per person, its not bad, worth a try once.
There is a 24hr cafe in the lobby, food is average. I wouldnt go there unless you were desperate. Girders bar is ok - majority of guests seem to be british expats. Didnt try any of the other restaurants. Plenty of inexpensive restaurant options on The Walk which is just mins from the hotel so no need to eat in hotel really.
Gym is very big and well equiped. Used their salon which was only ok, nice enough staff and it was cheap. (30% off for hotel guests).but nothing special otherwise.
Pool/deck side is in the shade for most of the day so if thats a problem for you then take note.

Overall very enjoyable stay, would go back in future, esp once everything has been built.
Good value for money. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for room as high up as possible - they all have sea views so dont worry about having to compromi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear thedane88,

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was brilliant and in a good value for money, the service that you received, the food served during breakfast the you enjoyed, the Calm Spa and Salon, as well as the Gym which you found to be well-equipped. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Caffé Via and Girders bar.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control. I am pleased to inform you that we are listing to our customer feedback, have reacted already and are currently finalizing a 2nd sun deck area on the other side of the hotel` tower, hence by Christmas we should have sun coverage on the pool side of the hotel for 6 hours, while the promenade side has the other 6 hours.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very helpful and friendly is highly appreciated. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here en-route to Australia and on our return leg. On both occasions we were quickly checked-in to our room although we were arriving early in the morning. The friendly efficient staff were a feature of this hotel. It also included a top-notch breakfast buffet with something for every palate. We dined twice and the themed buffets were also excellent. As for anywhere in Dubai, wine is expensive. However we did enjoy a couple of glasses in their top floor wine and tapas bar, which we had to ourselves! the poolside bar can also be recommended. The location is good, and although ongoing buioding works can cause a few holdups in getting about, this was a minor inconvenience. Overall, we had two very enjoyable short stays here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tramoia,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the service that you received upon your arrival, the hotel’s accessible location, the breakfast which you have kindly mentioned was top-notch, as well as the restaurant buffet theme nights that you enjoyed. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay. You have kindly mentioned that they were friendly and efficient! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you if you experienced noise disturbance due to nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the very near future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!