“Very nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Ranked #29 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Baguio City, Baguio, Philippines
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday. The hotel is very nice and service is excellent. The view from the balcony is superb, except that there is a construction ongoing everywhere. I bet the construction would turn out to be a great scenery in the future. Lounging in the pool area is a must. We also liked the kids zone for the children, it was very clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Junifah,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

First of all, I would like to wish your son a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was delighted to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was nice, the service that you received which you felt was excellent, the Chill Zone that your children enjoyed, as well as the view from the balcony which you found to be superb!

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out which was unfortunately beyond our control.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked the hotel for a 5 night stay with my mum on a half board basis.Hotel room was very comfortable & clean, the room view was fine & yes there is construction work which I was aware of however didn't dampen the stay one bit.hotel staff were accommo dating esp the concierge team who always assisted with my mum who required the use of a wheelchair & the lovely Merry at the experience booking desk.Food was fantastic breakfast & themed nights every evening.The hotel is however a little further from the main sites & malls but there is scheduled shuttle buses which run throughout the day we managed the beach resort,the gold souk & Dubai mall. The affiliated beach resort is a shuttle ride away which was lovely too. I definitely stay again,its relatively new hotel & is kept that way.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear SimaAt9,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the food served during breakfast which you felt was fantastic, the cleanliness and comfortableness of the rooms in the hotel, as well as the theme nights in our restaurants that you enjoyed. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were accommodating and lovely! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had great expectations of this hotel. I expected a sea view and got a room that blocked the left view and the forward view was of construction and then the sea after that. I did ask for another room and was shown another room on the same floor (9th) with an even better view of the construction. So decided to stay where we were.
Having said that the room itself was fine with a nice balcony be it with average view. Nice modern furniture comfortable bed and large bathroom. Didn't eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on that. We spent some time at the pool which was great, particularly in the afternoon when the shadow of the hotel puts it in the shade and it is quite bearable outside . Up the road there is a multitude of restaurants so there is able choice in the area. The marina is a fair way from the main Dubai centre (wherever that is), but it is about 20 minutes walk to the nearest metro station. The metro is great, it is cheap and a single ticket lasts all day so you can hop on and hop off, many stops are to the large shopping centres and you can even go to the airport. The trains are drones so they run with clockwork efficiency and are spotlessly clean.
The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly and very proud of their hotel, I believe it has only been open since December 2012

Room Tip: A room with a real view on the upper levels
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear WineloverMelbourne,

It was nice to read your positive comments about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned has a nice balcony, nice and modern furniture, comfortable bed, and large bathroom. I was however disappointed to learnt of your feedback with regards to the view from your accommodation, which I was a little unsure of as all rooms in the hotel are indeed exclusively &100% sea-facing as you can see from our hotel picture perfectly. I have noted your feedback about the construction of a new promenade called “The Beach” near to the hotel, I do have to state that is unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to update you that the area where the hotel is located at has been developed significantly based on recent meeting with the development company and through my own observations, none of the buildings will be higher than 2 floors, indeed they have all reached their final construction height already and are in no way obstructing the view on the ocean behind. Now mainly paving of walkways around the new individual buildings and external walI cladding is left to do. Overall we do hope that the completion of the construction will be announced before the upcoming festive season. This development would be for more than 70 new brand shops, an underground cinema, 40 new restaurants and a widely extended PUBLIC beach right within close walking distance of the hotel.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very accommodating and friendly is highly appreciated. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had booked a 4 night stay. As we are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 6 and 3 we decided to book the superior sea view room..and wow what a view. Loved the room spacious for a family of 4..sofa beds easy to use..comfortable for adults also. The breakfast buffet again no faults..brilliant..wide selection of different types of foods..from indian to english..which is what the kids enjoyed especially the hash browns. We made sure to take full advantage of the shuttle bus, kids activity club, the beach towels etc. Decided to get a babysitter for the last night..wish we had done it sooner. Angelica was brilliant with kids they had a fab time..very sweet girl. Complimented on how well behaved and well mannered the children were. (Good to know were doing something right). Excellent location..shame about construction but we didnt let it spoil our time (cant really avoid construction in dubai). We cant wait to come back..most likely to stay at oceans view again..hopefully the mall area construction will be complete :) Top marks to all the staff at ocean view.

Stayed October 2013
Dear ShamaYounas,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the room and sofa which you found to be spacious and comfortable, the great views, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the activities available for children, the beach amenities, as well as the selection of food which you felt has a lot of varieties.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were brilliant and very sweet! I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We fortunately chose this hotel to be near my daughter to find we have chosen a gem !! The staff cannot do enough for you - they even sent me a Birthday cake without prompting the cleaner must have seen my cards & then a cake appeared ! The food is excellent & we attended a Brazillian themed night - if you are meat eater DON'T miss this. I can strongly recommend the Ocean View JBR

• Stayed October 2013
Dear skania53,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the food which you felt were excellent, as well as the amenities you received on your birthday! I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team whom looked after you during your stay. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on.

Medina, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights , once we arrives we had a warm welcome an the receptionist called Hisham helped as alot , they upgraded our room to club room with partial see view .

we enjoyed our stay and the location with many restaurants to choose

, the rooms are fabulous with lots of space and small seating area

recommend it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear blast1825,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel, the rooms which you found to be fabulous and spacious. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were helpful and provided a warm welcome upon your arrival. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were great you're even provided with free bottles of water. The hotel was about 30 minutes from everything you want to see. The concierge can set you up with any kind of tours you may want to do. The pool is beautiful, the pool area is very shady which is a relief from the heat, but not beneficial for sunbathing. There is a lot of construction that goes on 24 hours a day, but you could not hear any of it while in the rooms. The hotel offers a few shuttle services to the malls, market, ocean etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Airbornliz,

I was delighted to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us. I was happy to read your positive comments about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was beautiful, the hotel’s accessible location, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the swimming pool which you found to be beautiful, as well as the amenities available in the rooms which you enjoyed.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!