“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #29 of 491 Hotels in Dubai
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late to the hotel, after a long journey, the staff were very welcoming, the lady at reception Dirany (sorry if I got it wrong) was fantastic she was cheerfull and always smiling we were checked in quickley and even got the floor we requested she also sorted out some food for us even though the restaurant was closed which was much appreciated. The room was spacious and comfortable. The view was amazing from the balcony their is work going on but we knew this from previous reviews it didnt bother us at all.Breakfast was amazing huge selection their is something for every one. All the staff we came across were always smiling and approachable,they all went out of their way to make our stay that extra special. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone fantastic!!

• Stayed August 2013
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Iqbal H,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the rooms which you found to be spacious and comfortable, as well as the selection of food served during breakfast that you enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were welcoming, cheerful and approachable. You have also mentioned some of our associates by name, and I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am writing this review whilst still in the hotel about to leave on a late flight. From the moment I booked and had any queries answered on Facebook to checking out it has been a great experience. I arrived around 10 pm and was very quickly and efficiently dealt with by Lucy who is great on front desk. I was staying half board with use of the coral lounge. The rooms were beautiful, clean and spacious and as a single traveller more than enough room. On my first full day I used the coral lounge and the girls in here were great. Lillian, Christine and jacqui to name a few. Christine was great always cheerful and jacqui made a fab cocktail. I had my birthday whilst here and not only did I get a cake in my room when I went to le ravage for my evening meal I was given a cake there which was also personalised a lovely touch which brought a tear to my eye.
I must mention the food Fogo Vivo wow wow just go with empty stomach. Le Rivage was nice choices and theme nights. The Deck had great club sandwich and again the staff were fab.
I found the pool area more than adequate for me but I only needed one bed, I did notice a lot of towels on lounges and no people in sight bit of a typical holiday annoyance but not the fault of hotel. I hope when the new buildings are finished they don't interfere with view from pool.
As I was checking out I was given a later check out then complimentary use of a room to get showered and changed. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and could not do enough for you.
The only criticism and a minor one is in the brochure it says you can check in and check out at the coral lounge but that did not happen.
I loved this holiday and hotel and will be back to Dubai and hopefully this hotel. Thank you for everything.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Cath H,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the room which you have kindly mentioned was beautiful, clean and spacious, the swimming pool, the service that you received from my team, as well as the food served in Fogo Vivo, Le Rivage and The Deck that you enjoyed. I was also pleased to know that you enjoyed the half-board package which you opted for, and you had the opportunity to access our Coral Lounge.

You have also provided us with your feedback and suggestions which is much appreciated, as it allows us to continually improve. I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into these areas.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were fabulous, very helpful and friendly. You have also mentioned some of our associates by name, and I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

we stayed hear two nights on way home from maldives it very good staff went out of there way to be helpfull breakfast buffet was brilliant everything you could wish for if going to dubai or stopover again wouild defienaly stay again

Room Tip: just construction outside causing traffic jams makes taxi more expensive
Dear gail d,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment with regards to the food served during breakfast which you have kindly mentioned was brilliant. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, and I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Chatham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We did a short stop-over here as part of our honeymoon. We found it very modern, comfortable and friendly. The hotel offered us a free upgrade to half board on booking which was well worth it as Dubai is quite an expensive place! The food in the buffet restaurant was probably the best buffet food I've had- a good variety and quality of food on offer. The only downside is that the restaurant was quite quiet and lacked atmosphere. I'm not sure why this was but the hotel didn't seem very busy at all while we were there.
When we arrived we were greeted by very polite and friendly staff and offered a welcome drink. We were given a choice of room so we chose to stay quite high up. This was worth it for the views as we could see the Palm Island from our window. Sadly the view was spoilt by a lot of building work. The Marina area is still a developing area so it's no surprise there was work going on but we weren't warned it would be going on right outside. As all the rooms look out over the Ocean there was no avoiding this view so we didn't ask to move. The room itself was very nice- well equipped, modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. On our first evening, chocolates and champagne were delivered to our room as a honeymoon gift.
While in Dubai, you don't spend a great deal of time in your room as there's so much to see. We weren't there long enough to explore all around but we took a day to go Downtown and walk around Dubai Mall (the biggest mall in the world). At that time of year it's too hot to walk around much outside in the day so in the evening we went outside the mall to see the Khalifa (the tallest building in the world) and watched the Dancing Fountain. We also took an evening walk around the Marina near the hotel one evening which is very impressive and the largest man made marina in the world (not surprising!).
We visited just after Ramadan and I'm glad we didn't go during the month before as of course being a Muslim country the rules are very strict. No eating or drinking is permitted in public and would incur a hefty charge. Being so hot and dry it would be very difficult not to even have a drink so I'm pleased at our timing. When out in public the guidance, for both men and women, is to cover from shoulders to knees out of respect for the culture however some people totally ignore this which is annoying but I still wouldn't disregard this rule personally. So be sure to pack some suitable clothing!
The pool at the hotel is very clean and nice however there's not a lot of shade for the sunbeds apart from down one side of the pool and over the kids' pool. On leaving, the hotel the staff were on hand to take our baggage to store until our car arrived and then carry it to the car when it did.
Dubai is certainly worth a visit and I don't think it really matters where you stay; everything is modern and high standard. I think if was to go back, in terms of positioning I'd rather stay Downtown as it seems more finished than other areas and I preferred the overall look and feel of the area. But, like I say, it doesn't really matter where you are- getting around is easy with monorails and Taxis (which are reasonably priced).

Dear Esme458,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive comments about the hotel which you found to be contemporary and comfortable, the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were very nice, well equipped and modern, as well as the bed which you found to be comfortable. I was also pleased to know that you enjoyed the half-board package, as well as the selection and quality of food served at the restaurant.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were friendly and very polite. I will personally ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 4 nights, we arrived a couple of hours early for check in but our room was ready and we were able to check in straight away instead of having to wait around. Our room was great and spacious and the hotel in general had a nice clean feel to it. The only downside was the construction outside which was causing traffic jams and all through the night all you would hear is cars beeping as traffic would be at a stand still but in saying that I would definitely stay here again. The staff were really friendly and can't fault it in any way!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear littlebubbles,

I was delighted to read your review with regards to your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel which you found to be beautiful, modern and clean, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were great and spacious. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during stay, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Tauranga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've spent four nights at the Ocean View Hotel and it was amazing. We had a club room and enjoyed breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour in the Coral Lounge. We were blown away by the service and Christine (from the lounge), is the nicest person in hospitality that I've met in any country!
We were here to do a small amount of sight seeing and to relax after a busy couple of months at work - if you were here to do the malls and get out and about then maybe closer to the city is more for you. However, they do a shuttle service to all of the main malls and to their sister hotel for the beach. Can't really fault this place - value for money plus!
Awesome hotel with people who go out of their way to help you. You don't find that in many places these days.

Room Tip: Club room for sure! Lot's of construction, but most of Dubai is under construction! If you get t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear oannao,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was amazing, awesome and a great value for money. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to the food served during breakfast in Coral Lounge, the service that you received, as well as the complimentary shuttle bus service. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property which you enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you during your stay. You have mentioned associates by name, which I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Marc Voller
Resident Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I, Prem Khemlall, enjoyed my stay at The Ocean View Hotel. I was in room 1911...perfect view.
My experience at the hotel was enhance be the staffs, especially by Ranjendar Bisht. His attentiveness to make me and other guess welcome was impressive.

Madhara,from the Experience Desk is a wealth ok knowledge about the city.

Both of them helped make my experience wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Pkhemlall,

I was delighted to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned has a perfect view. I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgements with regards to my team who looked after you during stay, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Marc Voller
Resident Manager

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!