“Colourful concept !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Ranked #29 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Colourful concept !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited this property 3 weeks ago. The property is just across my home. I came back from India after a tiring business trip and discovered my husband gave me a surprise getaway to the ocean view Hotel. He wanted me to take a break and relax. I am a person who likes colours....bright and fresh...and the rooms at ocean view have it ! The interiors are unique. Rooms are very well lit, and furniture has nice aqua colour touch on it which makes u feel fresh like the blue waters of the ocean. Rooms are spacious with a balcony which gives u wonderful sea view. But u will also have to bear with the view of the construction site of the mall built at JBR. All rooms are nonsmoking, but u can smoke in the balcony. Service is quick in spite of heavy foot fall of the hotel. Bed is nice but pillows are very uncomfortable. They small and so soft that even 3 at a time won't help and they make your neck ache.
The hotel is a chain of Jabel Ali Golf resort...so you have free Access to the private beach there. There are lots of activities you can do there like horse riding, water sports, etc. they have a diving and shooting club as well. All in all it was a very good experiance.

Room Tip: Higher floor with ocean view
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Nehal B,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Ocean View Hotel.

It was lovely to read about your impressions about the hotel and the rooms which you found to be large with a lovely balcony and wonderful sea views. I also appreciated your feedback on our interior design and furniture, which you have kindly mentioned was unique with nice touch of colours. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed the private beach and activities.

You have mentioned in regards to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to apologise if it detracted from what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay.

I have also further noted your comments with regards to the pillow which was not to your expectations, and I am pleased to inform you that we do have a selection of pillow’s, which are available upon request. Please accept my sincere apologies if this information was not communicated to you whilst staying with us, and rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Executive Housekeeper.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel and our luggage was taken to our rooms and until the moment we left six nights after everything was absolutely marvelous! The staff are very friendly and they all speak english very well .The hotel is 5 min walk from the public beach which is very good not very crowded the hotel offer free towels and umbrellas for the beach.The Jumeirah Walk has so many restaurants to choose from and the prices are reasonable.The hotel offers free shuttle to many interest points in Dubai and even to their sister hotel Jebel Ali resort.The rooms are very big and absolutely beautiful ,they deserve a 5 star rating from my point of view. Choose this hotel if you want to have an excellent stay in Dubai!

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet even with the constructions near the hotel!
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear anca2010,

It was lovely to read about your impressions about the hotel and its facilities, which you have kindly mentioned were absolutely marvelous and is situated in a perfect location. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the complimentary shuttle service, as well as the room which you found to be beautiful and very large. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for my team who looked after you during your stay with us whom you found to be very friendly and communicative were very much appreciated. I will ensure to pass on your compliments with them.

SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed 5 nights to celebrate my daughters 40th birthday we thought hotel staff were exceptional ,Angel in the club lounge was lovely he even got the chef to cook some haggis for us.Mjay in the spa was really nice as well ,she does a great massage.Food was amazing ,room was huge had a great view of the palm from our balcony ,would recommend club room worth the extra, all in all can not fault this hotel we had a ball hope to go back again and would choose Ocean View again .

Room Tip: choose a club room on higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear SUBOSNOOT,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a belated “Happy Birthday to your daughter!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to read your positive comments about the hotel, the food which you have kindly mentioned was amazing, as well as the rooms which you found to be large, with a lovely balcony and nice views of the Palm.

Your personal acknowledgements for my team whom you felt were exceptional were very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It was the cheapest hotel I found in the Dubai Marina. It's at the southern end of the Marina. Although taxis and people don't know about it, it's quite easy to find and you can reach it in 2 minutes from the main highway.

Some problems:
- They are doing works in front of the hotel. But it's like this in all the Marina...
- They have a private beach, 30 minutes away by car. It's between the abandoned Jebel Ali Palm and the port. It's really the beach of another resort and it's not nice, you can't see the horizon from there because it's surrounded by the palm and the port. There are lots of algas. There are no umbrellas in the sand, but there are in the grass. They offer a free transfer between the beach and the hotel, but with few frequency.
- There were some music from the hotel lounges.

I liked the views from it, although the works. The swimming pool is nice and they do a very good chicken sandwich in the swimming pool bar.

Prices are very good, not sure if it was an offer, but they say the rooms are quite expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Genis D,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, which you found to be great value for money, as well as the food that you enjoyed at our pool bar.

You have mentioned about some noise disturbance which you experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to apologise if it detracted from what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay.

With regards to your feedback about the algae and umbrellas at our sister property, we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with the concerned management team.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

2 adults 1 child stayed here for a night recently, I had read the hotel has been renovated recently. Was highly impressed with the hotel on entering from the valet through the checkin process. Rooms very clean, excellent amenities, impressive bathroom with Elemis products, good customer service.... Pool area was good also, free towels to use and a beach kit was also offered. The sun is not on the pool all day due to the surround buildings, this did not cause a problem. I would suggest they mark out the steps in the pool as they are not very well marked, be careful. We had breakfast in the 24/7 cafe downstairs which had a good selection. Please note there is construction opposite, a mall I believe, although we did not hear anything whilst in the room it is a bit of an eye sore. Saying that there is construction all over Dubai. We would certainly recommend staying here, we shall return

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear joannamje,

It was lovely to read about your impressions about the hotel, which you have kindly mentioned were excellent as well as the amenities. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the excellent service that was received in particular the valet, check-in process; the cleanliness, as well as the rooms with impressive bathroom and Elemis products which you enjoyed.

In regards to the noise disturbance you experienced which is due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which is unfortunately beyond our control; I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort caused during your stay with us.

You have also highlighted and I have noted your feedback with regards to the limited sunshine in the afternoon around the pool area, which again is unfortunately beyond our control.

I have further noted your suggestions with regards to the pool area, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager and this would certainly be a consideration for the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just got back from a week break at the Ocean View Hotel and it was amazing! Just fantastic! This hotel is definately in the higher end scale of 4*. The food, hospitality and welcome we got from the hotel was so warming.

Its on one end of The Walk which is perfect for evening strolls. The beach is a stone throw away, the pool always has the sun shining. The metro is also near by and is extremely easy to use with only 2 lines! Can't go wrong.

If I had to nit-pick something, that would be that the pillows were quite small, more square than rectangle and were a bit lifeless, however we did speak to housekeeping about his and were given some new pillows, however these still were not hard enough.

Room Tip: Yes there is a construction site outside, yes the club does get a bit loud but overall the pros defi...
Dear Katherine B,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, which you felt has very high standards, a perfect location, the food, as well as the pool which you enjoyed. It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, and for you to have experienced Heartfelt Hospitality that we pride ourselves on. I will personally ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have noted your comments with regards to the pillows, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a modern chic hotel, the rooms have a clean and modern feel and offer comfortable yet affordable accommodation in Dubai within close proximity of the beach. The choice and qualiy of the breakfast was superb and the free parking and valet service an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AJMUK,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and its facilities, the quality and food selection which you found to be superb, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were clean, modern and comfortable. You have also mentioned about the free parking and valet service that we offer, which you found to be a bonus.

Resident Manager

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!