“Excellent hotel highly recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #31 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

2 adults 1 child stayed here for a night recently, I had read the hotel has been renovated recently. Was highly impressed with the hotel on entering from the valet through the checkin process. Rooms very clean, excellent amenities, impressive bathroom with Elemis products, good customer service.... Pool area was good also, free towels to use and a beach kit was also offered. The sun is not on the pool all day due to the surround buildings, this did not cause a problem. I would suggest they mark out the steps in the pool as they are not very well marked, be careful. We had breakfast in the 24/7 cafe downstairs which had a good selection. Please note there is construction opposite, a mall I believe, although we did not hear anything whilst in the room it is a bit of an eye sore. Saying that there is construction all over Dubai. We would certainly recommend staying here, we shall return

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear joannamje,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

It was lovely to read about your impressions about the hotel, which you have kindly mentioned were excellent as well as the amenities. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the excellent service that was received in particular the valet, check-in process; the cleanliness, as well as the rooms with impressive bathroom and Elemis products which you enjoyed.

In regards to the noise disturbance you experienced which is due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which is unfortunately beyond our control; I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort caused during your stay with us.

You have also highlighted and I have noted your feedback with regards to the limited sunshine in the afternoon around the pool area, which again is unfortunately beyond our control.

I have further noted your suggestions with regards to the pool area, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager and this would certainly be a consideration for the future.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just got back from a week break at the Ocean View Hotel and it was amazing! Just fantastic! This hotel is definately in the higher end scale of 4*. The food, hospitality and welcome we got from the hotel was so warming.

Its on one end of The Walk which is perfect for evening strolls. The beach is a stone throw away, the pool always has the sun shining. The metro is also near by and is extremely easy to use with only 2 lines! Can't go wrong.

If I had to nit-pick something, that would be that the pillows were quite small, more square than rectangle and were a bit lifeless, however we did speak to housekeeping about his and were given some new pillows, however these still were not hard enough.

Room Tip: Yes there is a construction site outside, yes the club does get a bit loud but overall the pros defi...
Dear Katherine B,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, which you felt has very high standards, a perfect location, the food, as well as the pool which you enjoyed. It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, and for you to have experienced Heartfelt Hospitality that we pride ourselves on. I will personally ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have noted your comments with regards to the pillows, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for review.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a modern chic hotel, the rooms have a clean and modern feel and offer comfortable yet affordable accommodation in Dubai within close proximity of the beach. The choice and qualiy of the breakfast was superb and the free parking and valet service an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AJMUK,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and its facilities, the quality and food selection which you found to be superb, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were clean, modern and comfortable. You have also mentioned about the free parking and valet service that we offer, which you found to be a bonus.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We've have just had a 3 night stay here and absolutely loved this hotel... Very clean, staff are very polite and helpful! Was apprehensive about construction noise from previous reviews but once u closed the balcony doors u never heard a thing! Definately the best hotel i've stayed in. Tea, coffee, water, these were all replenished daily, a turn down service and a nightly chocolate on the pillow was a nice touch too. The one and only downside for me was the hot water, this seemed to be a problem later in the day, shower in the morning was lovely and hot but afternoon/evening wasn't even luke warm! Bit of a shock :). Would definately come back and stay here again, lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Denuse200570,

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review following your stay, which I was delighted to read that you decided to stay following other travelers reviews after some hesitation. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel, which you found to be very clean; the turn down service that was received, as well the rooms amenities with a nice touch of chocolates on your pillow that you enjoyed.

I have noted your comments regarding the hot water in your accommodation bathroom. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with the Chief Engineer for immediate action and attention to avoid reoccurrence in the future, and I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very polite and helpful were very much appreciated, and I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Essex uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have just returned form a 6 night stay at this hotel and our overall impression was great, the hotel staff where faultless.....really helpful, the location was brillaint and we loved the free shuttle bus that was provided to take us to the malls, markets and beach.
There are building works going on around the hotel but this didnt interupt us and to be honest we quite enjoyed watching the goings on.
The food was brilliant especially the Brazilian grill...highly recommend, it was also great that the half board allows you to use the sister hotel which was only a 10 min walk away.
Our only concern was that there where no umbrellas for all the sunbeds around the pool so if you where later getting up you would be in the sun all day....no shade!!!

We will definately be back and will recommend this hotel to people that ask us about Dubai.

Dear Steph29Essex,

It was lovely to read about your first impressions about the hotel, which you have kindly mentioned was great and is situated in a perfect location. I would also like to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the complimentary shuttle service, the half-board package that you opted for as well as the food served in Fogo Vivo which you found to be brilliant. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit to our sister property in Oasis Beach Tower which you enjoyed.

With regards to your comments about having more umbrellas around the pool deck area, I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager for review.

coventry uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during a three day stop over on the way to Hong Kong.

The hotel is stunning, all brand new and in a great location next to many many restaurants and the beach.

The facilities were excellent. Pool area spotless and we were even sent to the beach with a pack from the hotel featuring towels, mats and umbrella.

Staff couldn't do enough for you, we were treated to a welcome drink on check in, were given a tour of our room facilities by the porter. Reception were very helpful.

There is a shuttle bus to main malls, but we took a cab which was only about £10 to Dubai Mall. £15 to Atlantis and £25 from airport.

The room was very large, lovely balcony (with view of palm), huge tv and sofa area. bed was massive.

The tv has lots of english channels including BBC, Sky News, as well as many movie channels that broadcast in english with arabic subtitles.

There is some construction outside the hotel, but you couldn't really hear any noise and nothing with door shut. It really isnt a big deal.

Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
Dear couchguru,

It was lovely to read about your first impressions of the hotel and its facilities, which you have kindly mentioned including having a great location. You have also kindly commented on the complimentary shuttle service, the huge televisions’ which you enjoyed, as well as the rooms which you found to have large beds with a lovely balcony and nice views of the Palm.

Your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay where very much appreciated, and I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Asakna welcomed us when we arrived at the hotel and checked us out when we left two days later and he was a credit to the hotel, very friendly, polite, welcoming and helpful.

The hotel lobby was lovely and our room was a good size and immaculate and had everything we needed.

We've been to Dubai before so expected the construction work that we could view from our room between us and the public beach.

There are not many sun loungers around the pool for the size of the hotel. What loungers there are, are taken very early. And the hotel's private beach is a half an hour journey on a bus. We weren't at the Ocean View to sit around the pool or go to the beach (we had a week in Ras Al Khaimah to do that) so we weren't bothered or disappointed by this, but if it's a pool or beach holiday you want, this probably isn't the best place to do it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah M,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel which you found to be lovely; the amenities, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were spacious and clean.

With regards to your comments about the sun lounger’s availability at the pool deck area, as well as the noise disturbance that you experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced, and please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our Management team for immediate attention and action in order to prevent similar reoccurrences.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for my team who looked after you during your stay with us whom you found to be very friendly, polite, welcoming and helpful. I will ensure to pass on your compliments with them.

Resident Manager

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!