“Best Hotel and best concierge Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

Save Saved
You added JA Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
JA Ocean View Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Walk, Dubai Marina | Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #24 of 483 Hotels in Dubai
Toronto, Canada
“Best Hotel and best concierge Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We Stayed in April for our honeymoon The Hotel is amazing room was very nice & clean. Staff was very nice and Friendly Specially the concierge team we was greeted with smiles every single morning and we wanted to give special thanks to Concierge Manager Mr.Ali Qasim who was very approachable and always available in the lobby to assist his team and guest.
Note to all: If you want a perfect holidays in terms of what to do in Dubai please see |ask for Ali he is expert and a kind of Google of what to do in Dubai.
Thank you so much Ali for your all tips and suggestions which help us to make plans for our honeymoon hazel free.

Dear Preet S,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel, the cleanliness, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were amazing and very nice.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were always smiling, friendly and great at their work, as well as the welcoming service that was received. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

A bit of fresh air,the organized trips to the shopping malls and other places of interest is a great spot on. The only minus is the Dinner rates there should be discounts for in house guests. Please improve on the inside while from the brochure it looks out of this world but a little disappointing inside given neighbour hotels like the Sofitel which is grand. But in all I score 90% and will definitely come back. Sad I'm going tomorrow with my son.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better Ariel views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nmababy,

It was nice to read that you were very pleased with your stay with us! I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel’s accessible locations which you have kindly mentioned were great spot.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into the areas of improvement which you have highlighted, which allows us to continually improve so we can avoid such shortcomings in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Looks like they had recently opened, it is very well designed, the atmosphere of the hotel is very calm (though it is not when the hotel is full;) ).
We happen to arrive earlier and the hotel was fully booked, the staff were very helpful, they allowed us access to a kind of a lounge room to relax until a room was freed and we moved in...
All rooms have a sea view if I'm not mistaken, which is another nice thing...
I tried the in-room dining service, it is very rare when you can get what is not preset in the menu, and that wasn't the case for me... And we ended up having a nice breakfast of our choice ;).
Some reviewers wrote about construction noise... For me, never felt a thing.

In General, all is excellent, except a couple of things:
Noise from the club in the weekends, it was extremely loud, and though we were staying at the 22nd Floor, we could still here the music from the club...
The 2nd thing which actually forced me to stay in the hotel is the cancellation policy, it was 14 days prior to the arrival date which wasn't cool as I had other options, but yes I enjoyed staying at the hotel.

And one last thing, the location is excellent the JBR for the easy in and out access from the area.

Have a great time ;)

Dear Mohanedmk,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel, the architectures, the atmosphere which you felt was very calm. Please also allow me to personally thank you for your positive words with regards to my team whom you felt went out of their way to help and accommodate your requests. I will ensure to pass on these compliments to my team.

As a newly opened hotel, we value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive and constructive comments in particular the noise from Girder’s Bar. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team for their review, and to make any necessary changes. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Ocean View Hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights in April 2013.
The hotel is in a busy location with plenty of restaurants on 'The Walk' just outside which is about a mile long and has a couple of Malls to look around too. The pool was an infinity pool and rarely crowded. Just twice in the whole time we were there. Free pool towels and if your walking down to the beach they give you a beach towel pack with a bag.
The rooms are a fresh white and citrus colour. The cleaner visits twice a day - once mid day and once at night. You get 2 bottles of drinking water a day and they change the towels everytime - whether you put them in the bath or not! Very clean.
Dubai is constantly growing so there is building work going on outside but there is building going on EVERYWHERE you would be hard pushed to find somewhere that this isnt in the background. The breakfast is nice - its a huge buffet with every taste.

Ocean View is also part of JA and has a free shuttle bus everyday to the JA Golf Resport and Spa which is a 5*** sister hotel situated outside of Dubai slightly with gorgeous grounds, stable, golf, mini golf, several pools and a beach with water sports.

Fully recommend this hotel

Room Tip: For any hotel in this particular region do not swim too far out into the sea as there is a strong cu...
Dear Nadine Q,

It was nice to read that you were very pleased with your stay with us! I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the breakfast served in one of our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned had a large selection available, as well as to the rooms which you found was very clean. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In the brochures this Hotel looks supurb, with the Pool and Beach access what more could you wish for? Well, certainly not the Hotels fault but it is located amongst high rise buildings that are in some cases significanly taller, resulting in the fact that by the time you have had breakfast, the sun is shaded from the Pool area and only comes back for 60 minutes in the afternoon. Add to this that yet another Shopping Mall is being constructed next to the beach and beside the walkway all the way from the Sheraton Hotel to the Hilton Hotel (around 1/2km long) with construction 24/7 - this has turned the local traffic to chaos with diversions and construction traffic causing LONG delays.
The Ocean View Hotel was opened late 2012 with several Restaurants, most of which are good, the Hotel service also being fairly good. The best way to spend the day is taking the free bus service to the group Hotel located in Jebel Ali which is about 30 minutes journey each way.
Really a great shame, the Dubai Marina was originally designed for around 150 High rise buildings between 20 and 28 stories high - now significantly higher and more building making the area almost claustrophobic and suffers from some extreme shading in many areas.

Room Tip: Use Club Rooms at the top of the Hotel if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear phoenixset,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel, the restaurants as well as the service which you have kindly mentioned were good; however it is with great disappointment to know that we have not met your expectation on this occasion due to the nearby construction noise, as well as the sunshine at the swimming pool, which was unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced during your stay.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and as such I have shared your comments with my Management team.

I was pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our trip to Dubai was arranged by Best@Travel, we always use Trailfinders for our longer distance travel arrangements but on this occasion Trailfinders were around 20% more expensive for the same arrangements and were not prepared to move on price. Having spent quite an amount over the years I was a little disappointed at their lack of flexibility.
The booking with Best@travel was quick and easy over the phone, I did have to haggle slightly though to get the price quoted on their website.

The flight from Newcastle to Dubai was operated by Emirates, the aircraft a Boeing 777-300 ER. It's the first time we have flown with Emirates, so I was looking forward to the flight having read quite a number of positive reviews.

Check in a Newcastle was straight forward and the check in staff were pleasant, bags were dropped off as we had checked in on-line.

Once on board the aircraft I was quite impressed as it was well presented and staff were very courteous. Seat backs had USB charging, mains power and the IFE was impressive with on board cameras to watch take off and a selection of communications including in-flight SMS and e-mail.

One concern that I did have was the high density seating configuration on this flight it was 3-4-3, previous 777 I have flown have been 3-3-3, the 3-4-3 was fine for me and my wife but larger passengers may find it a little tight in terms of seat width, legroom was fine though relative to my 5'10 height.

Take off was smooth and very short, the huge turbofans effortlessly pushing the 777 into the air. We have flown this aircraft type a number of times in the past with BA and I much prefer it over the 747 as it seems to have a more spacious cabin.

After the westerly take off we headed south and then out across the North Sea our routing then taking us over the Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Black Sea, Turkey, Iraq, Gulf before our decent into Dubai.

Once in the air lunch menu was given out shortly followed by the complimentary drinks, so red wine it was.

For Lunch we chose a prawn and sweet corn starter, followed by lamb biryani and a pear and chocolate sweet for desert, all very agreeable. More complimentary drinks were served during the flight.

IFE was spot on, with a good choice of programming there were also some nice little in-flight extra's like hot face towels at the beginning and end of the flight.

Landing into Dubai was very smooth, for me, the guy's on the flight deck had it to perfection.

Dubai airport is huge, the investment in the infrastructure must have been colossal and does make Dubai (DXB) an attractive world travellers hub. The transfer from T3 to the customs and baggage area is via train and was very quick, by the time we cleared passport control and walked down to baggage reclaim our bags were on the carousel within about 10 minutes.

We picked up our pre-booked car transfer (Wonders Infinity Tourism) at the meeting area and within about 35 minutes were in the Ocean View Hotel.

Bags were taken from us by the valet guys on the entrance and we were checked in, considering it was 01:20 the chap on reception was very friendly and took the time to explain the main facilities whilst getting us checked in.

The entrance area is impressive and looks fresh and very modern, just like the photos show on their website.

Up to the room, followed very soon by our bags, the valet guy hanging my wife's coat up and ensuring we were happy and had everything we needed. The room was very clean and tidy with a modern fresh décor, big bed and plenty of in room facilities, the balcony overlooking the Palm.

Breakfast is served in Le Rivage restaurant, which is a buffet style restaurant. The selection of food was good, hot and cold, pastries and cereals. You are quickly seated by the friendly and efficient staff and very soon afterwards had a pot of tea or coffee on your table.

The pool area is on level three essentially above the entrance area, it is very clean and tidy with towels provided for your use, you can also take a beach pack which consists of beach mat, towels and parasol in a bag for your use on the beach, which is about a 5 minute walk, a great touch in my books.

And this was the underlying theme throughout our stay all the staff were all friendly and did go out of they're way to greet you and make sure you were happy.

Other extra's to note are complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel, non of the registration nonsense, connect with no code and off you go. That alone saved a small fortune in International roaming charges as we Face-timed back home with family via the complimentary wi-fi.

Another nice little touch is when you returned back to your room at night, the covers were pulled back and a little mini chocolate left on your bed.

For evening meal we ate in the same restaurant as we were on a half board package, again the choice was very good, on the cold area there was salmon, oysters, cold cuts of fish and meat. The Arabian area had a nice little selection of spicy delights.

Other area's included pasta, breads, sweets (delicious ice cream) and the hot section with a selection of meats and fish. All in all for me, spot on. Again the waiter's were attentive as well keeping you topped up with drink of you choice.

On the subject of drink, it was not cheap by UK standards, a beer (large) was about 36 AED, which is about £6.50, but you are in Dubai, it's not an inexpensive destination so personally I did not have an issue with that.

You can take advantage of the happy hour in The Girders bar on floor 1 between 4pm and 8pm where a beer will cost you 17 AED. It can get quite lively and unlike the UK is a smoking bar, so if you're a non-smoker like me it can get a little irritating, if you do smoke you're sorted.

The hotel also runs a complimentary shuttle service to the malls (Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall), the old town and its other sister resort.
We took advantage of a spot if shopping at The Mall of the Emirates, as you can imagine all the big name designer brands are there.

It was my wife's birthday during our stay and we came back to the room in the afternoon to find a lovely little cake and greeting from the hotels management, what can I say a smashing little touch.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about the hotel, staff or its facilities, it was all top class, the only thing I do need to mention otherwise my review would not be complete is that there is a largish construction project taking place outside of the hotel and other hotels in the area. To be honest it did not bother me, it's quite a lively area anyway being at the end of The JBR walk, a 1.5k (at a guess) road and walk with lots of eateries and a few shops.

The walk at night tends to come alive with the local's cruising the walk in their Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's and similar exotic cars, it's a great place to do a spot of people watching. I did enjoy the 'buzz' of the place.

Once in your room with the balcony door closed you are cocooned in silence.

All in all though, the question I always ask at the end of a trip is would I return to the OVH?, that question gets an unreserved yes from both me and my wife.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for good view.
Dear Marine_Buoy,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive comments about the hotel and its facilities, the Internet facility, the complimentary shuttle service, the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were clean and tidy with plenty of room facilities and nice views of the Palm.

I would like also like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the half board package that you opted, as well as the food selection and the service which you found were efficient and very good. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to dine in our very own ‘Girder’s Bar’ and Le Rivage which you enjoyed.

You have also very kindly mentioned my team, whom you felt were friendly, efficient and attentive; I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We are just finishing a seven night stay at the Ocean View which has been a great experience. We have stayed in Dubai before and can't quite understand why this hotel only gets 4 stars as compared to other Dubai 5 star hotels we have stayed in before the Ocean View has better facilities, location and a bit more pizazz about it. If you are thinking if booking the hotel, you should be aware of two detractors 1. The ongoing construction which is between the beach and the hotel and 2. The construction of a new light railway at the back of the hotel means that there is constant traffic congestion outside. If you plan getting a taxi anywhere add a few minutes to clear the madness outside. Apart from these two points, which will end eventually anyway, the hotel is top notch. We stayed on a half board basis and the restaurants and bars were great. Would recommend the Ocean View to anyone looking for a short stay in Dubai.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Allan-Glasgow-UK,

I was extremely pleased to know that you felt our newly opened hotel surpassed your high expectations, and I was happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, the half board that you opted which you have kindly mentioned was great, as well as the restaurants and the bars which you enjoyed,

You have mentioned about some noise disturbance which you experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to apologise if it detracted from what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay.

Resident Manager

Been to JA Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!