“Good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai

You added Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai to your Saves list
Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Barsha 1, Behind Sharaf DG Metro Station, Dubai 38250, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay & Drive Package
Ranked #121 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Riga, Latvia
“Good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

After the booking we wrote them and asked for a room on the highest floor, but as it was not prepared when we arrived, they gave us the room on the 1st floor. The room was more or less ok - clean, normally equipped, but as previous travelers were smokers and we are not, we hated that smell. Continental breakfast buffet. Helpful and friendly staff. Location is good - 5min for a walk from Sharaf DG metro station; the next station is Mall of the Emirates and only 5 stations away from Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall and The Dubai Fountain. We took a taxi to got on Jumeirah beach and watch Burj Al Arab - it costed approx.15-20 AED. And we also used taxi to get to Abu Dhabi airport (180 AED). By the way you can buy a trip to desert (Dubai Dune Bashing - 250 AED per person) in the hotel, just ask the receptionist :)

Room Tip: Due to the travelers-smokers the smell in room No.117 was not good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and to share your experience.

We are pleased to note that you were overall satisfied with your stay despite the shortfall in assigning the required room type.
Whilst the reason for this mishap is due to the hotel being full and the person in your allocated room did not check-out as anticipated, we regret the inconvenience it has caused you.

Our team is always keen on allocating the type of room requested, but unfortunately, this is not 100% possible at all times due to reasons beyond our control.

We truly regret this incident as tis is definitely not a common practice in our hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai and to the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Be very carefull when booking at this hotel, for I had a very bad experience with them. I booked at this hotel through a booking website on the 4th of November for the 27th of December. Then I canceled my booking on the 24th of November (one month before the dates booked!) After speaking to the website where I did my booking, they agreed to refund the money and take only one night as cancelation fees. I informed the hotel of the website's desicion and they didn't seem to have any problem with that and they told me they will refund the money and to get back to them after 10 days. After 10days nothing was refunded, and I got back to the hotel and they told me to wait 3 more days. After 3 days and nothing was refunded also, I spoke to the hotel again and they told me to wait 3 more days..Something didn't feel right so I decided to submit a claim to the credit card company and they informed me that the refund process didn't start yet although the hotel assured me many times that they started the process!
I sent the hotel an email asking for a clear response from their side but they ignored it although they were very fast replying on previous emails I sent them when I did the booking.
Now every time I call the hotel trying to speak to the manager they tell me he's in a meeting.

As I saw the manager is very active here so you left me really no choice but writing this review.
I'm an investigative journalist and my mission was always to help people with consumer and legal problems to reach their rights. And I do not appreciate the way I've been treated and today I'm one of those people who are claiming nothing but their rights.

Sana Atrissi

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your email and for detailing the issue.

I have investigated the matter in detail and I am pleased to report that our team has handled the matter efficiently. Refunding an amount on a credit card necessitates a certain internal and external procedure that takes some time. I am confident that you have been exposed to similar situations involving credit card companies and banks and are aware that it is, at time, a lengthy procedure due to the various control mechanism they have to go through. This is exactly what happened this time.
I must clarify that the issue started only on Dec 12 which is just 7 days including 2 days off.

We have received, last night, a confirmation from the bank, that the refund is under process. We will forward a copy to your private email. Kindly allow few more days for the transaction to reach your credit card/bank.

We regret the inconvenience it has caused but you, but in all fairness we believe that your comments and especially your headline is unfair to us as we did bring the matter to the bank and did ask them to refund your card. There is not much we can do to speeding up their internal process due to the reasons mentioned earlier. Yet, this was done in less than 5 working days. Therefore, we strongly believe that accusing us of "taking your money and run away" is
certainly not fair as this was simply not the case.

I understand your frustration in being asked to follow up again as the team was simply relaying the information they were receiving from the bank.

Once again we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you to the Cosmopolitan Hotel on your next trip to Dubai.

Dar es Salam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

A very clean hotel with all the required facilities. Wifi is available for free. The restaurant serves a good light buffet menu. The conference room is well facilitated and provides all the presentation equipment needed. However, it is rather small with no windows.

Very close to the Dubai Mall (10 minute walk or 1 metro ride station away). A supermarket is close by with a number of small restaurants nearby.

The staff are very courteous and professional. The rooms are very clean and all the necessary facilities are available. Fresh fruit is presented in the room everyday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

We are delighted to note that you were satisfied with stay and with the location, standard of service and facilities we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai and to the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Iloilo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Couldn't ask for more. Cosmopolitan Hotel is one of the best. Our stay in Dubai was made easy, convenient and memorable because of the hotel's nice location being so near the Sharaf DG metro station, which from there everything will be accessible and easy. Staffs were all very nice with warm welcoming smiles from Kate, Savanth and Mr. Hassan, especially Anton who is a very kind and nice fellow and probably is the Hotel's asset. Hotel is new with clean and beautiful rooms. We had an evening flight back to the Philippines and no problem at all leaving our baggages after our noon check out and pick it up later. My family is very much satisfied with the service and if ever having had the chance to go back to Dubai again, no doubt, Cosmopolitan Hotel will always still be my home away from home.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

We are delighted to see that you were satisfied with the facilities, services and standards we offer. Your comments are particularly motivating to our team as we continuously try to improve further our deliveries.

We have passed on your comments to the concerned team members.

Once again thank you so much for sharing your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai and to the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on our way to the UK from Australia. We arrived at 1am very tired check in was quick. Room was lovely and clean and large bathroom. Breakfast was included was a good choice of food. Staff are very polite and friendly. You can walk to the emirates mall about 20 minutes. Metro is 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

We are delighted to note that you were overall satisfied with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai and to our hotel.

Veszprém, Veszprem, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Everything was fine THX......Nice staff, good price-value,calm and comfortable rooms, Polite and smiling service, We stayed here for 7 days vacation, but I can't say anything wrong about Cosmopolitan Hotel,, so keep smiling,,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Daniel H, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

We are delighted to see that you were happy with your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dubai and to the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a rtn journey/ stop over before going onto Australia. What a fantastic sized room & wish we had booked it the first time we came through Dubai!

However, we went to breakfast the following morning & found that it was quite busy, we entered & where asked for our room No & where then left standing around!! Where not seated or spoken to again! I got a drink of juice & stood sipping it for 5 minutes before we decided to leave, without breakfast. Very disappointed at the lack of professionalism. We would have been more than happy to wait for a table had we been spoken to.

No plug sockets near a mirror in the room for the use of the hair dryer, which is a shame, as the room is so nicely presented. Staff are friendly & welcoming.
Once in the room, for Internet access, you have to go back down to reception for the code. I would suggest giving that to the customer as they check in, for convenience.

The Intercontinental Spa (Cosmopolitan Hotel)
My experience was awful. Went on for a back,shoulder & head massage, the worst massage I've had! After being led into a room, then told to "Wait". After 5 mins, a woman waked in asking "Was I not ready yet?", she then flung some paper underwear@me, then left the room again!
Aggressive, rough massage, with scratch marks on my back, followed with the masseuse sitting on my bottom as I lay there!!
After 15 mins, I called the massage to an end. Not enjoyable& certainly couldn't do that for an hour. My husband said his was ok, so hopefully it's not like that for everyone!
Very disappointing! The pool is lovely on the roof top.
Like I said, brilliant room, not much cop with everything else. :-(

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. This is particularly important since you have encountered some shortfalls, which we deeply regret.

I would like, however, to go through the various points:

Breakfast: We appreciate your frustration. This is by no means a standard practice in our hotel. However, in the last few weeks, we have experienced a shortage of team members due to the unfortunate situation in the Philippines. Several members had to deal with the tragic events back home. The manning at the Ginger Restaurant was unfortunately affected and we do agree that on some days, our service came short of our guests expectations. We are happy to report that we are now back to normal.

With regards to your comment about the plug near the mirror, I presume that you may be referring to the one in the bathroom. This is true and this is deliberately done for safety purposes. This is the reason why there is a plug near the dressing table (that has a large mirror above it) in the bedroom. Whilst we appreciate your concern, the safety of our customers and team members come first.

With regards to the Internet, codes are automatically given upon request. A phone call from the room would have been enough.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the Intercontinental massage centre. Since this is operated by an external party, as you know, we do not have direct control on the services they offered. Having said that, we met with the Management immediately upon receiving your comments and the issue was discussed at length. They have agreed to ensure that all their staff undergo a refreshing training course to improve further the standards and to avoid such happenings.

I take this opportunity to thank you once again for taking the time to review our facilities and to bring to our attention some points that are indeed important to look into.
We truly hope that you will give us a chance to show you our real level of service upon your next visit to Dubai.

Once again, thank you so much and kind regards

Been to Cosmopolitan Hotel Dubai? Share your experiences!