“Very average hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Sands Hotel Apartments

You added Golden Sands Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Mankhool Rd | Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #227 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
“Very average hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

we stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. its a good hotel but the service is lacking. we had to call the reception upto 3 or 4 times to get something done. the rooms are ok not so fancy actually our room had a problem with the curtain rod so we slept with it open. on the good side it was always cleaned in the morning. but that's like most hotels. i dont think i will go back to that place or recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my family last week in one bed room studio apartment. It was very good experience. Service was good/ staff was courteous location was superb, you can get a cab in minutes, OR the ones arranged by hotel is also good. There are few convenience stores in the vicinity. In room dining will serve all the items in menu through out the day. I could get the food of my choice at 2 pm.

Quick tips:
1) Check all the facilities on arrival. I found a/c very noisy.
2) Get water from near by store in sufficient quantity. it will be cheaper by 75%. (The complimentary water bottle provided by hotel is for day 1 only)
3) Weekends will be crowded, so plan accordingly to avoid delays
4) There was only one person at travel desk, wait time can be high especially on weekend.
5) Pool is very small, gym is good. there is sauna facility as well

Overall good experience and value for money.

Room Tip: The rooms facing towards pool side might be better slightly. Book in advance and remind them about y...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It was a memorable stay being my first time in an hotel apartment, its roomy enough for d 3 of us, towel adequate, pool is good and d front desk very helpful.
The exceptions are cooking utensils was not adequate and the cleaning was average.

• Stayed October 2014
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

4 friends from Uganda checked into Golden sands3 on 28th November for 4 nights. The apartment has 1 double bed and 2 single beds. We had decided to tour Dubai before we went on to participate in the Dubai 7s rugby tournament. We needed a hotel with a gym and pool and this worked well for us. We had carried our home food so we could cook and eat what we wanted. The staff were friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily. My friends preferred to watch telly which had exciting entertainment, while I preferred to surf the net on the speedy free wifi.

There was a small supermarket just outside the hotel where you could pick up quick essentials. The hotel is a walking distance from Burjuman shopping mall, computer city and other electronic shops. The nearest public beach was under construction so we had to get a cab to another public beach 20 minutes ride away.

The apartment has a pleasant atmosphere with a safe decor that would appeal to a wide range of people. Everything worked alright, but the bed was a bit too hard for me. However, my friends did not complain.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After booking this hotel on booking.com with my credit card, I arrived at the hotel to find that I had to give them my credit card to hold an additional amount of the same amount as a safety deposit.

I was assured that this would be returned on my check out, here I am 2 months later after numerous telephone calls being passed from manager to manager and at times they hung up the telephone, I have not received my money back!

In my eyes this is theft and I advise you to avoid this hotel to all costs.

Stayed October 2014
Zhangjiagang, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Minuses -
I have stayed here a couple of times 1 bed room suite, 2 & 3 bed room apartment. Basic accommodation is quite ok, however many of other things are frustrating. Internet was not working on iPhone this time in room (Which sucks); house keeping was not up to the standard (They left the towels on the dinning table); only one bottle of water given for our week's stay. A/C made a loud & scary sound each time it comes on. The room keys loose their magnetic information every day and hence have to come down to the reception to change the same every day (very frustrating); Gym is too small, Pool is closed around 8-9 pm. Parking lot the entry is very tight & have to really reach out out the car to insert the car to get the gate open (only for very flexible people)

Pluses
Large apartments, Breakfast available, Very central location, Free internet

Room Tip: Golden sands 3 is not recommended as rooms are old and it shows
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Golden Sands 10 : very well located in Bur Dubai,near to Spinneys super market,Burjuman mall and is accessible to all areas with metro and taxis.
we were 5 guys and took 3 bed apartments for 6 nights,it was very spacious,neat & clean.
Reception staff were little rude and ignorant and they took more than an hour for check in formality. The beds,bath,kitchen ,dining were clean and well maintained.
we had some issues with wifi signal in the room otherwise a great hotel apartment.

Room Tip: Choose a room with road side balcony......
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Golden Sands Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!