“Super.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Dubai

You added Fairmont Dubai to your Saves list
Fairmont Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | P.O. Box 97555, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #96 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Muscat Governorate, Oman
“Super.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of my favorite hotels, the service, food, rooms, location and prices are just excellent.... The rooms are big and very well designed, temperature of the room is adjustable to your liking (I face this issue to rooms mostly too cold in other hotels) the location is very close to Dubai metro station, taxis are also available throughout the day. I have tried their meals they are also very tasty (despite the astronomical price ) I really love this hotel. My only comment is that for conservative families I would not recommend it since there are two clubs there and some of the guests might find the club visitors dresses are inappropriate... My wife doesn't like me staying there for this exact reason....

• Stayed August 2013
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Waleedma,

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad to hear that Fairmont Dubai is one of your favorite hotels. We appreciate your candid feedback and consequently we have shared your review with the relevant departments.

As a frequent guest in our hotel, we would like to recommend you to enroll in our Fairmont President’s Club Program, which is free of charge. Fairmont President's Club is a recognition program designed around your passions and what is important to you. As a member, you will discover a world of benefits and privileges that provide convenience when you travel and access to exclusive offerings and experiences. Also included in your many privileges are free internet, exclusive access to many special events, experiences and opportunities that will leave you with memories to cherish for a lifetime.

Finally, concerning the two clubs that are located in our hotel, Cavalli Club and Cirque Le Soir, are not managed by us and therefore have limited control over their policies. However, we are working to ensure that our hotel guests have the utmost privacy, rest and overall comfortable experience when staying with us.

Would you please get in touch with us directly by emailing dubai@fairmont.com so that we can welcome you back and ensure that your next stay with us is seamless?

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

The Team at Fairmont Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Every thing was excellent , room , food , GYM, service , restaurants , bars , and location .
Highly recommended for pleasure and business
However, the reception staff need more training in customer care in order to acknowledge clients in a more professional way .

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Omar,

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

We are sorry to learn that our Front Desk team did not give you the right impression during your recent visit. We have shared your feedback with the relevant departments and ensure that this matter is addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Fairmont Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I live in Dubai and am a regular patron of this hotel's outlets (or at least was until today)

In short, I was told to pay a fine of Dhs 450 for leaving my car there for 18 hours; or the valet wouldn't surrender my car keys.

Note the following:

I spent a fairly big amount of money that day at their cafe and subsquently at their sports bar in the company of my CEO and a business partner
I've lived in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and 8 of those in Dubai - I go to the Fairmont roughly twice a month
I've spent countless dirhams at their various outlets over the years, from cups of coffee to bills of Dhs 10,000+ on group brunches
My wife worked in their commercial tower for years and thus also spent considerable amounts of money in their hotel
Many of my colleagues, clients and business partners are also regular patrons

Despite this, the Fairmont staff didn't see it fit to consider my loyalty as important and insisted I pay the fine or my car wouldn't be released.

You'd be very mistaken to think I am bitter about paying the fine.

I am simply appalled by their attitude, lack of vision, and highly misguided and incompetent sense of sales and marketing. The hotel industry is based on word of mouth, and this is particularly important in Dubai where fairly big spenders such as myself will quickly switch theirs and their friends' allegiance based on a bad experience such as this one.

Pity, really, that hotels such as the Fairmont who are meant to represent the glitz and majesty of Dubai really only represent their own greed and insatiable desire to make a buck as quickly as possible by whatever means possible.

Such attitude, when displayed by organisations that are meant to be at the forefront or worldliness, does this great city a great disservice and one which should be denounced.

I hope you will share my message with your readers so that they may avoid being victims themselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear DaveD78,

Thank you for taking time in sharing this post. All of our guests’ comments are very important to us and appreciate your candid feedback.

We have shared your recent situation with the relevant departments and are currently looking into this matter.

It would be very much appreciated if you can get in touch with us on dubai@fairmont.com.

We will be happy to welcome you back and ensure that your next experience with us is a more positive one.

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I have just had another great stay at the Fairmont Dubai. As always all the staff we met were fantastic and a credit to the hotel. We have stayed in many hotels and I can honestly say the Fairmont staff are the most pleasant, courteous and friendly I’ve meet.

We were fortunate to have access to the Presidents Club on the 33rd floor and their attention to detail is second to none.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ben C,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review, we are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and specially the hospitality and attention that our colleagues are renowned for.

We are also very happy to learn that you experienced our exclusive Fairmont Gold Lounge on the 33rd floor, where our dedicated team makes sure that every need is met. This lounge offers special privileges, a special breakfast and complimentary cocktail canapés, coffee and tea from 6 – 9pm.

On the other hand, we would like to recommend you to enroll in our Fairmont President’s Club Program, a recognition program, free of charge, designed around your passions and what is important to you. As a member you will discover a world of benefits and privileges that provide convenience when you travel and stay at any Fairmont Hotel. Feel free to contact any of our colleagues in your next visit, and they will be able to further assist you.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, very nice rooms , good quality brekfast, nice pools, perfect location. Also if you like to party you have Cavali Club in the same building. Dubai Mall it is 5 minutes from the hotel, the metro it is in front .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Catalina V,

Thank you very much for your review, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our location helped you out with visiting Dubai Mall.

As you said, Cavalli Club is located in our same building, as well as Cirque Le Soir. However, for your next stay, let us suggest you our Thursday Dupper party at our restaurant Spectrum on One, and all inclusive get-together where friends meet for great dining, unlimited stylish cocktails and live entertainment.

Metro Washington DC Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had a wonderful experience on two recent stays here (en route to/from Durban, South Africa so I had an overnight going and a 12-hour stay coming). The front desk staff were very helpful (and quite polite about reminding us - very nicely - about Ramadan prohibitions). Breakfast - the only meal I ate here - was very good. The concierge staff was fantastic in providing helpful restaurant and sightseeing recommendations, making dinner reservations, and arranging for car service. There was a slight glitch in that our "return" reservation was made for the wrong date while the computers were down, but it was straightened out with a phone call and the hotel upgraded me to a suite on the return. The rooms were lovely, the beds very comfy, and the bathrooms (in particular, the shower and toiletries) were perfect - especially after a 14-hour overnight flight. Great touch to have adapters in the desk drawers! I'd definitely stay here again in Dubai and will certainly keep Fairmont properties in mind for future trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear KristinaR007,

Thank you so much for taking time to share this review with us. We are delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us.

We are also very happy to learn that you enjoyed the hospitality that our colleagues are renowned for and they helped you arrange your stay.

We have shared your feedback with the relevant departments and they were thrilled to know that they have made your experience a memorable one.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This past stay is my third stay (total of eight nights) over the past six months, and the hotel is becoming my 'go-to' when visiting Dubai on business.
It has a good location for business (relatively speaking), walking distance to restaurants, short taxi ride to the major shopping mall, very good breakfast, and some decent on-site bars (go to the sports bar in the lobby). Nonsmokers be aware that smoking is pervasive in the bars here.
The rooms I've stayed in have been very clean and well appointed with nice size bathrooms.
The staff are very service oriented and genuinely friendly.
I will return to this property on my next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear CLMass,

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to hear that our hotel is becoming your “go-to” when visiting Dubai.

For your next stay, let us recommend you to enroll in our Fairmont President’s Club Program, which is free of charge. Fairmont President's Club is a recognition program designed around your passions and what is important to you. As a member, you will discover a world of benefits and privileges that provide convenience when you travel and access to exclusive offerings and experiences, including free internet.

If you are interested, in your next visit you can ask any of our front office colleagues for information, they will be more than happy to assist you.

The Team at Fairmont Dubai

Been to Fairmont Dubai? Share your experiences!