I really dont like to write a bad review of this hotel, because it offers many great things, but a couple of terrible incidences really compromised our experience. We stayed here in January 2012 and booked a 2-bedroom apartment.
- Very clean hotel/rooms and quick and efficient cleaning/room services
- Staff friendly and very attentive to guest requests (well, at least most of them). Doormen in particular were incredibly friendly and helpful.
- Great food, well above the standard of most 4* hotels in Dubai
- Good location and easy access to pretty much everywhere (including a metro station), despite being in the old part (and the slightly dodgy Rigga area) of Dubai
- Probably most important for us, a true family hotel. If you have stayed in hotels nearby (and in fact most hotels in Dubai, including the 5* ones) you'll know what i mean.
- this, perhaps, is not the fault of the hotel, but rather, Rotana group's website: I booked the 2-bed apart for 5 people. So when you state 5 people on the website, you'd expect the price quoted to be for 5 people. Upon arrival, we were told that we need to pay an extra 300 dhs per night for the 5th person to be given a bed, so one of us ended up sleeping on the sofa every night, not because we are tight, but I just felt it was out of order to charge us this extra amount. I decided not to argue with them and just accepted this.
- unfortunately, most staff at this hotel dont speak very good English. I fully understand that English is not the first language of almost every member of staff, but they need to be able to communicate at an acceptable level with guests. I had great difficulties communicating with the person who checked us in and also the 'guest services' line.
- One particular waiter at the cafe downstairs, where they serve the breakfast, was extremely rude. I won't mention his name, but if I was alone on this trip I would have made a big noise about this.
- and the worst thing: about 300 pounds went missing from my mother's handbag, which was left in the room when we were out. We reported this to the management, and to be fair, the hotel manager took this seriously and started an investigation while we were there. As we were flying back on that day, he took my contact details and promised to contact me when they have completed their investigation, but I was never contacted.
Overall, given the fact that this hotel is carrying Rotana's name (I have had several positive experiences with this group), I strongly recommed that the management review their staff hiring policies. This is a great hotel, so please dont let a couple of below-standard employees ruin the reputation of the group.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I would like to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.
Report response as inappropriate
As we appreciate our valued guest’s feedback, I have shared your comments with the Management Team here and proper coaching was giving to the concerned team members to ensure delivering standard services and meet our guest expectations.
I have noticed your comments about the lost money, and I’m assuring you that with our tight safety and security procedures, it is difficult to have such incident happens.
I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future, and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further clarification you may require.
Director of Rooms
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.