The purpose of our travel was vacation and tourism, so read this review with that in mind. The staff at Rimal Rotana is very friendly and professional. Our flight got in at 4 AM, so I called ahead to see if early check-in was available. They said if there was a room available, they'd check us in. When we arrived, they said that our room was being cleaned, and we'd have to wait about an hour, but he offered us the complimentary breakfast while we waited, which was phenomenal! Their breakfast buffet isn't your ordinary continental breakfast with stale pastries and room-temperature orange juice. They had meats, fruit, fresh bread, hummus, ful madammas (beans with olive oil, chives, tomato, etc), oat meal, cereal, figs and about 10 different kinds of cheese. It was a great first meal in Dubai, and much more than we expected.
Our room was clean and average sized. The decor was fairly modern, and there was a small kitchenette with an island table and three stools. The TV was a flat screen (I believe around 40"). There was no view (just the surrounding buildings), but it was clean, quiet and smoke-free, so we were happy. There was no bottle opener though (so we had to ask the front desk for one). He helped us open a bottle of wine we brought with us from the airport (recommended if you drink, because we couldn't find any alcohol otherwise).
I marked it down one star is because the location is more convenient to the airport than it is to the large malls (though there is a mall within walking distance to the hotel, about 1 mile away). There are a decent amount of restaurants near the hotel (one called "Al Halab" I think had fantastic food), and the subway stop is walkable (about a quarter of a mile). It's about a 20 minute train ride away from the Dubai mall, and about 40 minutes away from the Mall of the Emirates. We didn't have a car here, so the train was the only way to see any of the attractions (you can get a cab, but the trains are about 50% cheaper). If you go to the Atlantis hotel, it's about a 45 minute train ride, and then you have to get a cab to the actual hotel, about 10 minutes away. It's not a bad commute if you're only doing it once or twice, but if plan on adding that to your travel time.
- Also Known As:
- Rimal Rotana - Dubai Hotel
- Rimal Rotana - Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Rimal Rotana Dubai
- Rimal Rotana Hotel Dubai
- Rimal Rotana Suites
- Rimal Rotana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimal Rotana is ideally located in the heart of Dubai city, a walking distance from the shopping complexes, entertainment area, few minutes from Dubai International Airport and 5kms from Dubai World Trade centre and Sheikh Zayed Road. In June 2004 the Hotel accomplished a major renovation and product upgrade of the rooms and suites to meet the four star standards and its guest needs. The new modern rooms and suites are beautifully decorated with elegant and stylish furniture to meet your requirements for long term and short term stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Rimal Rotana - Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.