“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Dubai

You added Ramada Dubai to your Saves list
Ramada Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Mankhool Rd | PO Box 7979, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #198 of 514 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel arranged a free pick up and drop off service to and from the airport. We were met by the hotel representative at Terminal 3 arrivals, who directed us to the hotel Van. Distance from the airport is about 15 mins drive. We arrived at the hotel 7.30am. I asked if we could have an early check in, as our children did not sleep all night during the flight. The staff were helpful and by 9am we were allocated a room.

The Deluxe room was excellent. We were a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children), and found the room to be surprisingly spacious. It consisted of a King bed + an extra bed we had requested. It had all the usual things you would expect from a top hotel (i.e. sofa, table, dressing table, telephone, mini bar, tea and coffee facilities etc).

The room was maintained to an excellent standard by housekeeping. Tea and coffee was replenished generously. The bathroom was very clean, and maintained to a high standard. There was plenty of lighting in the bathroom, which is often a problem in some top hotel.

We did not use the restaurant, however there is a huge stained glass window which provides a perfect backdrop to the restaurant. The design of the hotel is quite unique and impressive.

We used the swimming pool and limited spa facilities, which were excellent and maintained to a high standard.

The staff were really helpful. The hotel arranged a desert safari for us, and we managed to get a discounted rate. Staff provided good advice about Dubai and attractions, and even always acknowledged and greeted us in the hotel.

The hotel is in a good location in Bur Dubai and is only 10 mins walk to Al Fahidi metro station (on Al Mankhool Road). There are plenty of shops and restaurants on the same road. For example Spinneys supermarket, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, and other food outlets.

We used the taxi a lot, as it is quite cheap, and we did not want to walk around in the heat with children. Timings to major attractions are as follows:

Burjaman Mall – 5 mins

Dubai Museum – 10 mins

Jumeira Beach park – 20 mins

Burj Al Arab / Wild Wadi Water Park – 20 mins

Meena Bazaar – 5 mins

Creek – 10 mins (you can then cross the creek by boat to go to the Spice and Gold Souk and Diera)

Dubai Mall / Burj Khalifa – 15 mins

Mall of the Emirates – 20 mins

Marina – 30 mins

Palm Jumeira – 35 mins

Airport – 15 mins

If there is one downside – that is there is no WIFI internet access in the room. However the hotel do allow you to access WIFI for free (for 2 hours per day) in the lobby. I was lucky that my iPad and phone could pick the WIFI signal in my room, so there was no need to go into the lobby.

Overall we though this was on excellent hotel with really good staff, in a really good location, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, the room was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Two minutes’ walk from the metro which made it ideal for getting around, The one downside was wireless internet was vastly overpriced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is somewhere in the center between old and new Dubai. Although I hear there are many things to experience within a short distance, I cannot confirm due to the miserable July heat. The hotel itself was full of the nicest SE Asian staff who were always willing to assist in any way. I especially enjoyed my morning coffee in the coffee shop while talking up the staff. I'm always interested in the day to day life of the imported help in these areas and to Dubai's credit, I heard mostly good things. Our group dined in the hotel bar on a few occasions and received good food and cold beer. The majority of our dining took place outside of the hotel so I could dive into the local cuisine which ultimately was the best part of this leg of our trip. If in Dubai again, I'd have no reservations staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I opted to stay here as my usual Bur Dubai hotel was fully booked and I found a good online rate. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The room was much larger than expected and was comfortable. The hotel design and carpeted hallway also kept down the noise that is all too common in Bur Dubai hotels. All bathroom amenities worked well and I had plenty or wardrobe space. The bonus for me was a good selection of restaurants which provided some in-hotel dining options as well as several good local and regional options within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. All in all, a very pleasant find given the rate I got. If I get that rate again, I will definitely opt for this Ramada over my regular choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights late Oct/early Nov & overall a very pleasant experience indeed. The hotel staff could not do more to assist at all times... We were very impressed and will certainly consider the Ramada Bur Dubai on our next trip. We booked a large room on the 10th floor for 3 people, the booking via the agent confirmed this - unfortunately there was no extra bed in the room upon check in however the desk staff rectified this issue very quickly. We did not like to take breakfast too late as the food on the hot plates was not hot enough .... they need to place more attention on hot plate food temperatures or get some new efficient hot plates. The Chefs preparing the freshly cooked eggs/omelettes were excellent, unfortunately they were let down slightly by the time taken by staff to collect cooked food & deliver to the table. On a couple of occasions our eggs arrived warm & not hot ...I sorted this by insisting on waiting for the food to be cooked & taking myself & not accepting the delivery service... No great hardship. During evenings in the "Old Vic" pub, we were surprised to see no live music during our stay, even though this was advertised..... A nice quality hotel, with exceptionally keen staff ... Would have no hesitation in recommending ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed in Ramada Dubai almost 3 weeks booked through online travel agent but my account.I lost my booking due to arrival date changes by agency once I arrived there, however front office staff help me to book again same travel agency with better offer rate which is good impression for me.Throughout my stay, I felt very confident to stay again for my future business trip in there.Because of rooms, food and generosity and warm humble staff.

Room Tip: High floor and getting upgrade to Premium room with non smoking room.I requested once again when I w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been there 2 times. first was almost 9 years ago which I was in a business trip and I enjoied hotel a lot. recently i was there for a vacation and I found it still perfect. even though there is no live music in the bar and lubby restaurent (at least while i was there) and disco is closed, but there is enough positive points for the hotel such as: good location and easy access to public transport super market and shopping centre, big and well decorated rooms, very nice and helpfull staff, very beautiful internal decoration in the lubby restaurent, lovely bar, good gym , ...
I just preferred if the swimming pool was located in the other side (south) of the building which would be more helpfull for sunbathing and also the air condition of the rooms need to be renewed, because rooms wether seems to be so humid.

Room Tip: breathtaking view in upstairs rooms!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple