Our trip in May 2006 was fantastic!! Welcome cold drinks when we arrived started our 10 days of pampering.
OK: Checklist: Positive Side
You don't arrive feeling wrecked - 6 hour flight and 3 or 4 hour time change = no jet lag
Hotel is very smart but not too stuffy
Staff are excellent and friendly - they also don't expect to be tipped at every opportunity (Unlike USA!!)
Rooms are good (no DVD player though which was a shame),
Hotel is very clean,
restuarants are excellent (worst was Olives buffet, best was Nina's), Half board excellent value.
Pool is gorgeous
The people who are there on Holiday are really nice and friendly. Mostly Brits, Germans & Russians
There is construction going on around the hotel. It did not bother us at all, but the Adults only pool was noisy.
I don't like the beach at the O&O - sand is not that soft, palm construction is not a good view and I saw blue jellyfish!!
We went and looked around various other hotels, the Burg al arab is very "Gold" and quite serious. Jumeriah beach reminded me of a service station!! The new one (like Venice) was huge, busy and like Las Vegas and the Marriott & Ritz Carlton had far too much construction around them.
Word of warning - it took us two hours to get from hotel to the gold souk (25 mins journey). The traffic in dubai is not good during rush hour.
If you like a pool / beach holiday with something to do in the evenings then Dubai is perfect. There are some fabulous bars, shops and restaurants (Buddah Bar was fun)
We loved it so much that we are going back for Christmas!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Palace at One & Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai