We stayed here in Aug '12 on the second leg of our Honeymoon, having spent 2 weeks in the Maldives. It was a natural choice as our flights from Glasgow connect in Dubai.
The hotel was lovely, I just wasn't completely blown away. I have stayed in a wide variety of hotels worldwide, including some really high end, and I was just expecting a bit more. I could just put this down to the fact that it was Dubai though, and maybe everyone's expectations are higher.
The hotel is around 30mins from the Airport, but they do lay on FOC transport to the big Malls. Strangely, they don't offer return transport, so bear this in mind.
We were on a HB basis, which was fine, but beware that if you venture off the set menu, it will cost you more than what you could hope to get for your left kidney. The food was excellent, esp. the breakfast - I've never seen such a comprehensive buffet... steak for breakfast anyone? How about honey, on the comb?
The hotel seemed pretty empty when we were there, not much life going on, busier at night though, with a good buzz around the place.
Swimming pool was top notch, and service was as you would expect - excellent.
Rooms are lovely, big, comfortable, but try to get one with a pool / gulf view. Strangely, no tea / coffee in room, but the not-quite-so mini minibar is very comprehensive, even though you'll now be looking for the highest offer on your right kidney if you choose to help yourself.
Not quite sure what our room rate was as it was part of our honeymoon package, but I've heard that around £800-£1000 per night is about right. If that was the case, I personally don't think it's good value, but hey, you're in Dubai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palace at One & Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai