“Ok - but not 5 Star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa

You added Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sufouh Road, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach | PO Box 24454, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #176 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
England
“Ok - but not 5 Star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Hi, we arrived for our 10 nights stay on 2nd June and was a bit worried about all the bad reviews, my boyfriend said to the receptionist we had read bad reviews and did not want to be in a room where we would hear nothing but music all night, and it was my first time to Dubai and wanted it to be special, as he has been there many times about 15 in the past but never this Hotel. Anyway the receptionist said he has upgraded us to a Garden room Suite with a Balcony, we were taken to the room on a buggy, and it was at the end of the garden and up some stairs, outside the room was a pile of cement which I was not impressed with, anyway we got into the room and it was ok, a nice size but very tired and the balcony could do with a lick of paint. We went to bed and all I could hear was the nightclub, I eventually got off to sleep but in the morning my Boyfriend was not happy at all he said he'd been kept awake all night with the music and there was a building site next to the hotel and load banging through the night as I presume they work through the night. Off to Reception we went and was told they were full and we would have to come back after 11am, we said we wanted some answers after breakfast not 11am, we went back to reception and I left my Boyfriend to it, he asked to speak to the Manager and explained it was not like a 5 star hotel that he was used to in Dubai and would not be recommending this hotel and would never stay here again, in the end they showed us to a Tower room on floor 22, which we was pleasantly surprised, no balcony but did not need one anyway, did have a great view of the beach too. There is a Nightclub also on the 25th floor and a couple of nights we heard this music but it was not that bad that we could not get to sleep, we did actually sleep very well in this room for our stay and the room was a nice size and so much better than the garden room.
Breakfast em well no Bacon for the entire 10 days and when we asked they said they would speak to the chef but it never appeared, breakfast was ok, but very samey everyday, could of been better in our opinion, and not enough staff in there, felt sorry for them they are very over worked.
Pool - em one main pool and on our first day it was hunt the sunbed, the Hotel is full of Russians and very much geared to them too, we found the pool to be busy every day and towels put on beds first thing in the morning an no one there, and lots of Children in the pool and around the pool, you would think a hotel of this size would have additional pool in the garden after all plenty of space for it (I know there is a small pool on level 3, but not many beds around and no umberellas)
Overall - would we stay at this hotel again - NO it was ok but the Meridian next door is so much nicer and quieter I sometimes felt like I was in Europe at the pool.
The weather in Dubai is fab though and could not fault it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well can truly tell you that this was a most memorable five days. We arrived early morning and went in to have breakfast. Thanks to the wonderful Fatty ( she must change the spelling of that) we were in our 8th floor room very soon after that. It was immaculate and was kept that way throughout our stay. Fatty was lovely throughout our stay also.

On the 2nd day ( 2nd June 2012) Wendy in relations managed to get us a last minute booking for afternoon tea at the Burj al arab, she also is a lovely girl. On our return in the evening there was a birthday cake and card from both the manager and the relations team. Wendy was also helpful throughout the trip

Pool and beach were clean and fun

Food excellent for all meals we particularly liked the Oumali on the sweet section.

We flew Virgin and that was also great

I will not forget my sixtieth birthday in a hurry

Room Tip: The tower block is wonderful quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnsley UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

During our stay we were beginning to wonder why some people had written such ridiculous reviews and whether we were in the same hotel!!
Myself and my 2 sons aged 15 & 4 arrived at around 9pm and were greeted with a cold glass of mango juice. Then we were shown to our Tower Sea View Room on the 10th floor. The room had a small balcony and was light & airy the bathroom was gorgeous with an excellent supply of toiletries from the spa. We stayed on a half board basis where you could chose lunch or dinner in the main buffet restaurant. We also ate at the Fish Bazaar & Chinese on the 24th floor. Both restaurants charged around £70 each for an adult meal but the food was excellent. Drinks were very expensive at around 38AED (£8) for a large beer or wine, soft drinks were around £5. This was the only downside to be honest. All the staff were attentive, pleasant & nothing was too much trouble. My 4 year old wanted to go to the Jungle Club for two one hour sessions where Henry looked after him & he had fun in a nice cool air conditioned environment. There was a good selection of food at the buffet including a pasta station, Chinese, Indian & other cuisines each evening. The soup & salad bars were also excellent with a wide choice. the food in general catered for all tastes and I thought the staff did very well to provide a great service. During our last few days it did become very busy and the queue to dinner was outside the door, however they did aim to get you to a table as quickly as possible.
There was some late night music from the XL Club but we took earplugs and it wasn't every night and wasn't too loud, also people do go on holiday to enjoy themselves and have fun! During our stay we booked the Burj Khalifa tour & the Dhow river Cruise from the Desert Tour Guide in the lobby. Both were amazing and were offered at a discounted price from the given list. Don't miss the camels on the beach and make sure you visit the Horizon Pool on the 3rd floor for peace and tranquility. Much more competitively priced than the Atlantis or Jumeraih Beach hotels so not really to be classed as the same. I would say it is a great 5 star hotel and great value for money. Tower rooms are lovely and I guess better located than the Resort Garden Rooms.
WE REALLY ENJOYED OUR & 7 DAYS AT THE HABTOOR GRAND RESORT!!

Room Tip: Tower Rooms- big enough for a family with extra bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The room is big ebough for two even though it is not new. The pool was OK. The front desk is too small and only three people there at the busiest checkout time so there was a chaos there...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

arrived early morning , but only waited 1 hour to get room on 22nd level.room was lovley and was kept immaculate all the time.10 nights went with no complaints. sorry to come home.would go back again tomorrow.no problems with anybody working there,although can understand the noise problem at night when at lower levels. but canopies seem 2 be sorted out the main problem while we stayed.just wish alcohol/drinks were not so pricey as compared with other hotels.love dubai

Room Tip: choose higher level to avoid noise level on club nights
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at a tower room located on the 10th floor with a partial sea view.
What I liked most about the hotel is the friendly staff who always greet you with a big smile on their faces. I certainly enjoyed the different varaiety of food served in the different restaurants around the resort, especially the Indian Shah Jahan.

The only thing I hated about the room and it was discomforting is the quality of the AC unit. I'm not sure if it's the same for all rooms but i'm certain that the AC wasn't functioning properly.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are quieter. Try to get a room in higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I travel 35 weeks a year and hub through Dubai on most of my trips , and know the town and its Hotels very well indeed.
I am staying at this Hotel at the moment and rather happy that my stay will be at an end in 24 hours having been here for 5 days.
On arrival - The Room was not clean, tampon wrapper on the floor and yellow stained droplets just in front of the toilet (yes very clear what that was) it was a 3 am arrival , I guess I was given a late check out room but non the less below par.
If you are Russian -This is the Hotel for you, infact I would say it is 100% russian focussed. Including the drunken people floating around the complex at 3.30 AM banging on doors for fun.
Funnily enough had a migraine from Hell , and no air con - funnily enough after the Migrane wouldn't shift I visited a friend who is an MD , and he told me that faulty AC units ,can leak carbon monoxide very slowly into the atmosphere and cause such nausea and head pain ....
Now the picky stuff - Forget WiFi in your room , 100DHS / $25 USD a night , crawls at best and the Hotel take no responsibility whatsoever for it , but will bill you. On the plus side - The French onion soup was fantastic !

I have stayed in better 3 star hotels in Bur Dubai than this Hotel - I usually stay at that Rotana up the road or the Sofitel. The Rotana on JBR walk is one of the best in Dubai. This Hotel has no right even being in the same district.

Room Tip: Go to the Rotana !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!