“Only fit for Business travellers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Dubai

You added Hyatt Regency Dubai to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Khaleej Road | P.O. Box 5588, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #107 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Only fit for Business travellers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've just recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai. I was sceptical about booking it due to its location however having read the fantastic reviews it received on Trip Advisor and it's overall ranking I was confident I had picked a good hotel. Unfortunately I would not recommend this hotel to holiday goers, it's simply an ok business hotel.

The rooms are clean and functional, however nothing luxurious for a 5 star. The food in the restaurants was ok however very expensive. The main thing that really put me off this hotel was the inability to sunbathe by the pool after 1pm. The location of the pool is such that at 1pm the sun gets blocked behind the hotel building and you no longer have any sun. There is a really low rate sun deck around the front which if you don't have an aeroplane flying overhead your sure to be deafened by all the construction work in the front! The covers on the sun loungers were dirty and there was nobody facilitating this area at all.

The food at the pool side bar was deplorable. I ordered a club sandwich with chips the first day, took one bite and left the lot. I'm not quite sure how a sandwich could be so bad; but it was! And as for the chips... They tasted liked they'd been cooked in chip fat that hadn't been changed since they opened the hotel overall the standard was just awful.

If you are planning a visit to Dubai for pleasure or with your family, do not book this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
HRegency, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear ECorco,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor and please accept our apologies that we have not met your expectations for this trip.

You have given us some useful feedback that we take accept graciously, and shall use in our ongoing efforts to exceed our customer expectations, especially those comments detailing your experience at the pool and sun deck.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Henerally i stay in the Grand Hyatt whe I visit Dubai, but this visit was at short notice and due to several major events being held in Dubai, the Grand Hyatt was fully booked. Limousine service provided by the hotel from and ro the airport is great and a definite plus for business travellers. I wa in a Club Room on 17th floor - these rooms are well appointed and comfortable, however I missed having access to a printer in the room as I have in the Grand Hyatt. Printing was available from the computers in the Club Lounge on 18th floor, however this is not ideal when you need to print confidential business documents. The Club Lounge on 18th floor is a great place to unwind and the sraff are friendly and efficient. The evening snacks are great, with a good range of beer, wine, spirits and softr drinks, and the breakfast is very good. The Club Lounge has great views and a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Overall a great place to stay with a wide range of bar, restaurants and nightclub facilities on the property. Close to the old souks and the attractions on the Diera side of Dubai Creek. On the downside - taxis seem to be few and far between with quite a wait - regardless of the time of day - had I known I would have booked vehicles in advance, but this has never been a problem at the Grand Hyatt. It is also worth noting that there is a number of high class "ladies if the night" who operate from the bars and clubs within this property - they are discreet, but they are there. Several of my male business colleagues have been approached there when they have stayed there on business. Overall a good hotel that by Dubai standards offers great value for money - and the staff in the Club Lounge are just wonderful - very polite and nothing is too muc.h trouble to them! Would stay again - but only if I was unable to stay at the Grand Hyatt

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear sinabada55,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that your overall experience was a good one but sorry to hear that you had some challenges with taxi's during this busy time. Thankfully the RTA have done a great job in increasing the availability of taxis in Dubai (along with maintaining a high standard of service) but there are odd occasions when their resources are stretched and it seems that during the major events in October was one of those occasions.

We always welcome constructive feedback and I appreciate your comment regarding the printers. This is something that we can fix and I will pursue this over the coming weeks to ensure that we have a number of printers available for easy set up in our Regency Cub rooms.

So long as one of the three Hyatt's in Dubai is your hotel of choice when visiting this great city we are happy, and of course we do hope to see you again soon at Hyatt Regency Dubai.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip and had a club room. This review is more about basic expectations while conducting my business.

Club rooms are ok but nothing to shout about. Lounge is ok.
There are a number of bars in the hotel, walked out of two of them because of the very loud noise due to music and one was supposed to be the sports bar. Also, these bars were very small and with the smoking you could cut the air with a knife. Thumbs down for this aspect.

I needed to have transport everyday to take me to a number of appointments. The hotel arranged the transport with driver but these were sub-contracts, it did not seem to me that these were hotel employed drivers. Although I had printed copies of maps of where I wanted to go I spent most of my time on the I-Phone on google maps trying to direct the driver. And when the driver does not speak English that is a problem. None of the cars had sat nav and I got to where I wanted to go because I ended up directing. This was seriously frustrating and because my work involes this type of arrangement i.e. hiring cars and drivers I will not go back to this hotel again. Not impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HRegency, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Toddman572001

Thankyou for the review and I am sorry to hear that you experienced the frustration that you did with our Luxury Taxi partner.

For the benefit of other readers: We have three types of car transportation:

1. The best (and most expensive) is the hotel limousine service. These are luxury cars, mostly Mercedes Benz and very experienced drivers - they know Dubai very well.

2. The next step down is the type mentioned by Toddman572001. Slightly more expensive than a taxi, mostly Lexus vehicles and most of the drivers are reasonably experienced with navigating their way around Dubai. (I am sorry to hear that was not the case in your experience).

3. The third option is the RTA taxi. This is a basic taxi service, by global taxi standards, I would say they are amongst the best.

Toddman572001 once again, please accept our apologies for the frustrations that you encountered. If we do have the opportunity to welcome you back, our concierge would be more than happy to assist with directions before heading out for the day. The company you used also have a representative in the hotel and we can work with her to assist getting the driver set up with correct directions for any that the driver may not have.

Kind regards
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Loved the Regency Club on Floor 18. Refreshing Gin and Tonics with eats to unwind after a busy day at work and travelling in the rush-hour traffic. Service excellent, and also a good place for a quick breakfast.
Enjoyed the spa but disappointed the sauna was out of action. Outdoor pool was lovely on a Monday morning when you knew that back home friends were starting another week of drudgery
my room on floor 15 was quiet but don,t leave your dirty shirts on the floor or you will come back and find they have been laundered at a price!

Room Tip: wasn't given a choice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ailbe,

Thank you for the wonderful review.

The Regency Club really is a great way to stay. It adds another dimension to the room and something I always recommend for people. After a day out (at work, or play) its great to come back the hotel and be able to relax in a comfortable lounge with great views, a good selection of beverages and canapés.

Hope the trip was a success and we have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darfield, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel while transiting from N.Z. to Prague. Our room was on the eight floor on the seaward side providing a great view out towards the harbour.
The room was very pleasant, well presented and quiet except for some A/C noise though not intrusive.
Great location with a short walk to the old Souk, or a short taxi ride to Dubai Mall, the Creek and the Textile market. Taxis are a cheap way to travel.
Hotel service was excellent, the buffet breakfast a great way to start the day.

Room Tip: There is an ATM in the hotel lobby, very handy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NevilleF,

Great to have some feedback from a fellow Cantabrian! (I'm from Halswell).

Thanks for your review, we have become quite a popular stopover for many Kiwi's and Australians enroute to Europe. Of course, being intrepid explorers, many like to do as you have done, and stroll through the enchanting old souks of Deira. I hope you had an opportunitiy to catch an Abra - that's one of my favorites, a contrast to punting on the Avon, and great fun!

We hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps on your next European trip.

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt as part of the August summer special with my wife and two kids (9 and 4) there was no negatives to say from checkin to checkout we were treated like kings the pool was superb way to chill in the afternoon sun and the breakfast kept us full for most of the day as the selection was too delicious. The only bad thing was that I booked for 4 of us and they gave us a seaview room with one king size bed and one single add on bed so made the room cramp and rhe kids had to share a bed . I did complain but we didn't get moved as they kept blaming my travel agent. Other than that I can't wait for my next stay there

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Rizwan,

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your week in the sun.

Sorry to hear that things were a little cramped in our King room for your family of four, the rooms really do only accommodate one extra bed, the best option for a family of four is to take an interconnecting room, but of course this does add additional expense.

I hope you had an opportunity to get out and explore and perhaps take in a little shopping also.

It’s always a delight having families come and stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your wonderful family again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed on a business trip with my friends, rooms were good and comfortable but it was sleepless as we had to change the room as there was noise of wind coming through some gap in window, the technical guy came in but it took us 2hrs to change the room, anyway the things were done, please also check in the morning when one go for breakfast as they charged us for the breakfast which was really shocking staying in a 5* hotel and no complimentary breakfast as now a days even 2* hotels are offering the max. services.

Room Tip: higher floors and confirm if the rooms are with breakfast or it will be charged when checking out.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HRegency, Directr of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Sanforge,

Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that it took some time before we could move you to a more comfortable room. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The point you make about breakfast being included is an interesting one. We have many guests that do wish to have breakfast included and provide a rate that does just that, and we have an equal number of guests that do not want breakfast included in the price. A great option for those wanting a light breakfast included is our Regency Club rooms, where a light breakfast is available in a lounge located on the 18th floor – a wonderful view to start your day!
Sorry if this was not pointed out to you at the time of making the booking or when you checked in.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hyatt Regency Dubai

Been to Hyatt Regency Dubai? Share your experiences!