“off business for a few days - relaxation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort

You added Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jumeirah Beach Road | PO Box 2431, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #110 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Zurich, Switzerland
“off business for a few days - relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

- Value for money - except aging bathrooms (need refurbishing)
- Location is sensational : on one side the beach, on the other "the walk" (walking strip with many restaurants)
- Excellent Italian restaurant (Bice)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights in January and it was great! Our first time in Dubai, we weren't sure where to stay but wanted to be on the beach. Hotel was clean, room was comfortable bad beach was clean and not crowded. There was a small issue when we checked in. We were 3 adults registered for a room ( which was a triple booked by my travel agent) and the hotel told us we would have to get a second room as the rooms were too small for 3 people. However, when I insisted this was how it was previously booked, they let it go. Not sure what that was about considering our room had 2 doubles and was a normal hotel size- not small what-so-ever.
Breakfast was included while were there, and was fantastic! Everything your heart desired (except for pork bacon) but they have chicken substitutions which were just as good. It was easy to get a chair on the beach, and servers often came by so you could order drinks-including alcohol. Smoking was not an issue. One of our persons was a smoker and there were lots of designated areas to do so.
Taxis are easily accessible at the hotel and not expensive. And you are able to book tours from the bell desk very easily.
Would stay here again!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I arrived early to the hotel ( Before noon ) and the room was ready, check-in very smooth and great hospitality. The room was perfect, it overlooked the sea and although it also overlooked a construction sight, I must say it did not disturb me at all, I could barely hear anything. I was kind of worried after reading all the reviews about the disturbance from the construction sight but it was perfect.
The hotel is right on the JBR street, busy street with restaurants and shopping.
It is few minutes walking from SkyDive Dubai ( which is where I was going ).
Breakfast buffet has great variety of food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel was what you paid for
Reasonable sized room and bathroom
Good pool and service facilities
Only drawback was there was construction going on outside and the private beach area made you feel like you were in benidorm with the number of people squashed on the beach front.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing Experience......One of the best supportive Staff, Best Location..One side the best private beach with excellent services and other side: the hub of JBR The Walk............Well maintained rooms, bathrooms, Must Visit...........100% recommended...............

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my first trip advisor review. I use the service all the time, and value it highly. I had to write a review only halfway through my current stay because it is just so terrible. It is funny that an extremely bad hotel causes you to write a review, I really should write more for the many truly great hotels I have stayed at.

I stay at a lot of hotels for work, and move around a lot in general. I wanted to take my wife on a six night vacation in order to show appreciation for her toleration with moving around and putting up with my work schedule. We planned on seven days in a suite with plenty of time on the beach.

When I arrived, I was informed that I had been "downgraded" (a first), and that I was moved from a suite to a regular room. Not even an "would it be ok if..." or "due to x and y, we're sorry but..." but just "we don't have any suites so we're putting you in a regular room." The receptionist (who was at the club level and should know better) actually seemed surprised when I was not totally accepting of being moved from a $694 a night suite to a small and completely ordinary room for an unimpressive 20% discount, which is much less than the typical differential between an ordinary room and a suite when reserving in advance.

When I said this was unacceptable, since if we wanted a small king bed room we could have stayed at any of dozens of other hotels for much less, she seemed surprised and annoyed. We were so tired after arriving late that we just agreed to stay a night in the regular room and then move into the suite the next day, but I still feel we got ripped off because we were charged a lot for very little per above. Then she took credit card guarantee on the ENTIRE STAY value AND INCIDENTALS, so thousands of dollars. I have never had a receptionist take a guarantee for the entire stay, and it seemed excessive and vaguely insulting.

We settled into the room and ordered room service since we were starving. The food was good but missing side dishes mentioned in the menu, so we had to call back to have them brought up. I then went to speak to the manager, and explained the room and guarantee situations. Regarding the room he shrugged and said it's not his fault if a room which is reserved isn't available when you arrive, and offered an incoherent explanation about the credit card guarantee. He talked over me when I was speaking, kept looking over my shoulder and around the lobby, anywhere but at me.

I asked if he could at least do something in compensation for their mistake, and he said he would think about it and get back to me. The next day he called and offered to make a airport transfer appointment for me. When I pointed out that that was already included in the room rate, he said yes, he was just checking to see what time I wanted. My impression was that he assumed I didn't know what my rate included, and was trying to make it seem like he was "giving" me a free airport transfer as compensation for the room mess up.

When that didn't work, he said he would give us a dinner coupon for two at the buffet w/o drinks, which was at least something but seemed too little, too late. Just now I went to the club lounge to get some ice, and as I was leaving, was accosted by the receptionist that you aren't allowed to leave the lounge with a glass, even though I had a suite three doors down from the lounge. So I ended up walking back to my room with a handful of melting ice.

Also, travelers should know that the hotel is in an area of town that is EXTREMELY crowded with cars on Thursday and Friday nights. You just have to get out at a certain point and walk. Not the hotel's fault, but good to know.

In conclusion, the hotel is extremely lame, with low quality staff who have the "you're just one of thousands of people who come through here, so might as well treat you like I'll never see you again" attitude. When I made the reservation, I was choosing between the Hilton and the Habtoor, and really regret the decision. I had stayed at the Habtoor before, and it was nice, but I fell into the hotel points trap so decided to try the Hilton. And the Habtoor is cheaper, has far better design, gives you free internet and a massage for your wife if you come as a couple, and is just a much classier place.

Room Tip: Stay at the Habtoor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I really appreciate that you took the time to explain the essence of your complaint while still at the hotel thus giving us the opportunity to alleviate the impact of the shortcomings experienced before your check out.

We hope that our gesture of good will and our sincerely efforts to make things right have compensated the inconvenienced cause. Rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and constructively by the management in order to ensure that your next stay with us would be remembered for the right reasons.

I sincerely hope that our dedication to customer satisfaction is convincing enough for you to consider a repeat visit to our hotel as we all look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah in the not too distant future.

Adel Ashley
Austinmer, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I favour Hilton Hotels and use them wherever possible. There are two Hilton's in Dubai, Dubai Creek Hilton, Jumeriah Hilton and the separate Hilton Jumeriah residences. This hotel was close to the airport - 20 mins by speedy ( I mean 150kmh speedy) Taxi. The rooms are well insulated from the outside heat and from sound as no construction noise was heard from the next door highrise.
The beach- this was clean, white sand and clear water. Wonderful for swimming, but no surf. The pool area had snack bars related to the hotel, the beach and pool, deck chairs as needed. The Hotel room was on the 12th floor and silent- the curtains heavy to keep out any light. Bed excel;lent , as was the bathroom. Very modern. Would use this hotel again at the drop of a hat- it was truely 5 star. Also close to the train station. Use the train - it was easy, clean, fast, frequent and air cond- station included. a 5 minute walk away. Book 2 weeks ahead at least to get a ticket for To The Top at Burj Khalifa- the tallest building. Booked solid 10 days in advance.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms on a non smoking floor away from lifts is my preference always.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort? Share your experiences!