“Panoramic view of the Creek was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

You added Hilton Dubai Creek to your Saves list
Hilton Dubai Creek
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beniyas Road, Deira Business District | PO Box 33398, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #46 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Panoramic view of the Creek was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Hilton Dubai Creek is an excellent five star hotel overlooking the Dubai Creek. I stayed for one night whilst I was in Dubai on a very short business trip.

The hotel is near the airport. By taxi it would take about ten minutes. Hence the price is not as steep as the hotels in the Jumeirah beach. If you wish to go to the beach, the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus twice a day to its sister hotel Hilton Jumeirah on the Jumeirah Beach and you can enjoy all the facilities as if you were staying at that hotel.

My flight arrived at 8am and I was in the hotel reception by 9am. The check in time was at 2pm. But the receptionist, Homer, very kindly let me use the Executive Lounge whilst they prepared a room for me. The reception area was large and spacious. My first impression was that it was peaceful and calm. There were two staircases going up to the first floor. They reminded me of space age television studio set. Beneath these staircases were water features with model egrets.

An hour later, my room (number 111) was ready. It was a King Size superior Plus room. And what a room it was. As soon I entered the room, I knew I would be extremely comfortable. The short hallway had a large wardrobe on the right with a mini safe. On the left, double doors led to the bathroom. At one end of the bathroom there was a Jacuzzi – complete with scented candles by the side. At the other end there was a good sized shower cubicle. In the middle was a brushed steel wash basin, a large mirror and lots of spotlights. Various toiletries from the “La Source” range were given for complimentary use. That really was a nice bathroom.

The room was very spacious and had modern decor. There was a big dressing mirror area with a mini bar and fridge. By the window there was a work desk area with a glass top. The windows were from ceiling to the floor.

The panoramic view of the creek was fantastic. In the far distance through the haze, I could see the buildings of the Financial Centre and the Burj Khalifa Tower – currently the tallest building in the world.

There was a 32” flat screen TV which had a mixture of local, regional and international TV channels. There were also a couple of leather single seat sofa chairs. The bed was large and very comfortable.

There is main road in front of the hotel – but the traffic noise is very minimal, as the windows are very well glazed to exclude sound. There is a mosque nearby – which is just being completed. The true test of the effectiveness of the glazing of the windows will be when the muezzin calls for prayers five times a day.

There is a small swimming pool on the roof top and it serves the purpose – although at certain times of the day, it can get quite crowded. You get some fantastic views of the creek and the city. The pool is open until 10pm.

Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant VERRE is located in the R level of the hotel. Although I did not eat there, it apparently provides a “truly elegant and contemporary fine dining experience of modern European cuisine”. I saw in one of the brochures that the price per person is AED640 (GBP110.)

The room rate included a buffet breakfast. There was a good spread of food available. They also provided an omelette cooked to order – for which there is no extra charge.

All the staff members are extremely polite and helpful. They greet you with a warm smile. It makes a big difference to your stay to have such wonderful members of staff who genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. They are a credit to the hotel.

Minor points noted: a) The charge per hour for internet access is AED50. For 24 hours the charge is AED 100. b) The provision of only one complimentary bottle of water (600ml). Temperatures were 40 degrees C. c) The two lifts are small. Four big adults in one lift can make it a bit claustrophobic.

I would recommend this hotel to both business travellers as well as those who wish to have a short city break close to interesting places like the creek with all the dhows and their merchandise being loaded or off loaded. Other places of interest are the Jumeirah Mosque, the Dubai Museum, and the Gold souks.

MAZ MANNAN 15th August 2011

Room Tip: Check in by 2pm - and you can easily get a high floor room facing the creek. The view is fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
MikeNalborczyk, General Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Hi Mazmannan,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on the service and hospitality you received during your stay at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your suggestions are much appreciated.

I will share your comments with my team and thank you also for making a special mention of Homer, it really means a lot to my team members to know that our guests are happy.

It was a pleasure to being of service to you and I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Mike Nalborczyk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here on our first trip to Dubai. It was a quick trip from the airport, and our stay was met with what we expected from a Hilton. The hotel was spotlessly clean. Our room had floor-to-ceiling windows offering a nice view. Bottled water was offered in abundance at no charge. The bathroom was quite modern and also very clean. Day excursions were available from the hotel, and we did take one which took us through three of the emirates. It was wonderful. Dubai creek was right across the street and full of small wooden boats. The pool is on the rooftop and offers drinks and a view of Dubai Creek and the whole neighborhood. A nice place to wake up with coffee on our first visit to Dubai. Shuttles were available for free to the Hilton on the beach, and the ride there offers an unofficial tour of the city! If I had one complaint about this hotel, it would be related to the restaurant. Vegan options were practically nonexistent. Still, if I were to return to Dubai, I would stay here again. I liked its proximity to the airport, the price compared to the beach hotels was much more affordable, and still provides easy access to the beach Hilton where you can spend the day parasailing!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Hilton Dubai Creek has a very sleek modern decor and its location on the Creek is fantastic. Close to the Spice and Gold Souks plus the port where all the Dhows ply their trade so gives an insight into old Dubai. The rooms are great with floor to ceiling windows giving one of the best views of the creek itself. It has nice restaurants and bar with a Gordon Ramsey restaurant as part of the hotel though I did not eat there. The staff were friendly and efficient and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We spent a wonderful two weeks at the Hilton Dubai Creek in July. This was our fourth trip to Dubai but our first stay at the Hilton. We booked a King Executive Plus room for my wife, me and our daughter. We had booked a larger room as sometimes once they put an extra bed in the room it can make the room much smaller but this was not a problem on this trip.

Our stay started with hotel staff meeting us at the airport with a very smart hotel car to take us the short trip to the hotel, we were then whisked up to the Executive lounge to complete the check in process. With an overnight flight we arrived at the hotel at 7.30am but our room was ready and waiting for us but the staff invited us to have some breakfast from the buffet selection in the lounge. After this we headed up to our room where the housekeeping staff set up my daughters bed, which was a full size and very sturdy single bed. Here our worries about the room size were allayed as we had been given room 1112 which is one of the corner rooms giving us floor to ceilings on two sides and a wonderful view of the creek and the skyscrapers of Business Bay in the distance.

The Executive lounge offered us unlimited soft drinks during the day and wifi access as well as a PC and printer located in the lounge, we also had afternoon tea from 3pm to 6pm and then a free bar plus a selection of hot food from 6pm to 8pm. The staff in the lounge were wonderful and always happy to help. Also another small thing that made a difference to our stay was the fact that the staff, within a couple of days, made the effort to remember our names and from then always addressed us by our names. The little things make all the difference. As part of our deal we were able to have breakfast in the Glasshouse restaurant which has one of the largest selections of breakfast food I have ever seen in a hotel as well as an A La Cart breakfast menu at no extra charge. Sometimes at the busy times there was not a table available but the staff would ask us to take a seat in the lounge and bring us a drink while they prepared a table but we never waited longer than 5 mins. Breakfast in this hotel was a very enjoyable part of our holiday and part of this was down to the excellent and attentive staff with special mention to our waiter Mac and also one of the mangers Devassey who was never shy to get stuck in and clear tables or serve as well taking the time to ask about our day.
The roof top pool is great with excellent views of the city although it is smaller than other hotels pools. Only once during our stay did we had a problem getting three sunbeds. The pool is open till 10pm and on a few occasions we went swimming at 9pm. Housekeeping staff were great and sometimes when we came back to our room we found towel animals sitting on our bed and how many hotels have a rubber duck for your bath! Special mention to our house keeper Raju who was always on hand to make sure our room was tidy.

The hotel manager also held a drink reception on our second week where the heads of the departments and Mike took the time to chat to the guests over a drink and some wonderful nibbles, very nice touch.

The Hilton Dubai Creek is a great hotel with something very special that many hotels are missing..........excellent staff!

Room Tip: Book direct on the Hilton website
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Completely recommend.

The hotel has great rooms that are a good size. Our rooms were well furnished and had great bathrooms - fairly new and very clean. Swimming pool is on the roof - is an OK size, but with good views. Breakfast is outstanding (get an inclusive rate) - there's a wide selection of buffet food and a good menu to choose from.

This hotel is located near to Dubai Creek which is a good location for tourists if you are wanting to see the more "authentic" culture (e.g. the "souks"). It is not that near the beach (or the big name beachside hotels), but there's a shuttle bus to the Hilton there if needed. Great location close to the airport.

manchester uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

As leisure travellers we stayed at this hotel to use as a base to view the tourist sites of Dubai city . The hotel is within easy reach of the Abra Station , numerous souks , the Burj Khalifa , the Malls and not forgetting the Karama for my wife , taxi's are very cheap and plentiful .
The hotel is fantastic , modern and clean , rooms are big and spacious ,superb executive lounge , food and drink of a very good quality and only five minutes from the airport.
But what makes this hotel stand out from others are the staff .They could not do enough for us during our stay and made us feel very special at all times . Early one morning the fire alarm sounded for 20 seconds or so . My wife and I appeared to be the only people to evacuate and when we realised it was a false alarm we saw the funny side of it even at 4am , but from that moment every manager we saw personally apologised to us .
Would we recommend this hotel ... yes ... would we vist again .. yes .. and hope to do so soon ..
Well done Hilton , but most important well done to your staff and hope to see you soon ..

Room Tip: book an executive room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MikeNalborczyk, General Manager at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Stanleyman1,

Thank you very much for your kind comments especially about our team members, which would be a delight to share with them.

I am sorry about the little disturbance but delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

I look forward to seeing you again soon !

Yokohama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We arrived tired and slightly stressed in the middle of the night, after a very unsatisfactory encounter with Emirates staff to book our Dubai Stopover on Arrival.
I was traveling with a family member, we had asked for twin beds at the desk at the airpot and at reception. We get up to the room, which was lovely, but it only had one bed! We rang down and staff brought up a cot to make up. The next day we were moved to a twin room, but again the beds are not separated. But once this was sorted, it did turn out to be an excellent choice, The room was lovely, modern and very very clean. The bathroom was beautiful, with nice amenities.
The breakfast was excellent and of a high quality, amongst the best I've had in 5 star hotels. The service was very good as well. We dined at Verre one night and it was lovely. We found it to be a little too dark in the restaurant though. Is it a Dubai thing, as the Sheraton bar was dark as well.
It was good to have access to the pool, the drinks were overpriced and soon became very warm served in plastic glasses. A young man working at the bar, not the regular staffer, seemed to be having a very bad day and was surly, but that was the exception. Thank you to Patrick out the front for being very friendly, welcoming and helpful.
The hotel is a very nice size - small, so that it has a boutique feel about it, with excellent amenities.

Dear JRS,

Apologies for the hiccups with the beds! Although I am pleased to know that we were able to resolve the issue relatively swiftly.

Thank you for your kind comments about breakfast and the team although I appreciate your observation about the Pool Bar.

Hope to see you soon !

Mike Nalborczyk

Been to Hilton Dubai Creek? Share your experiences!