“Disappointed from Surrey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jumierah Beach Road | PO Box 5182, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #164 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Surrey
“Disappointed from Surrey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I have been visiting Dubai with my husband for the past 10 years, our first trip being in 2000 with our son and daughter and we have returned almost on an annual basis staying in different hotels but mainly in hotels along the Jumierah Beach. I have always raved about the place to family and friend, so much so that this year my cousin and her husband decided to come with us. Dubai itself did not let us down as we had a brilliant time, the only problem was with the choice of hotel on this occasion. The moment I walked into the reception area my heart sank. The place appeared jaded and unfriendly. The girl on reception was not at all welcoming and took ages to sign us in as other people came up to the desk and she proceeded to deal with them and kept us waiting without making any comment to us, which I felt was very rude and not a good first impression. The next disappointment were the rooms, although clean and functional they were very basic. The swimming pool and beach areas were quite small and on the beach it was very noisy due to be situated very close to the docks and there was a lot of dredging going on all day. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from and The Seafood Bar was very good. We also had a meal in The Lebanese Restaurant one evening, which was fantastic although the drinks were extortionate. The belly dancing was also good. The beach bar offered the best value for money and did a lovely steak sandwich. Although the breakfast was not too bad it was certainly not the best and I found the staff there to be extremely rude and off hand. I will be going back to dubai again but the next time i intend to revisit The Royal Meridian Hotel, which was excellant and ticked all the boxes for me. There is so much to do in Dubai but I would certainly recommend a desert safari with dune bashing, a trip up the new Kalifa Tower and no trip to dubai would be complet without a visit to both the Gold Souk and the Al Karama Fake Market area. Bartering is great fun. If you go don't skimp on the hotel and avoind July and August which can be unbearably hot - in the High 40's. OH and if you like a good steak go to The Meat Company, a steak restaurant which is in the Madjinet next to the Mina Al Salam. The best I have ever tasted and the outside eating area was beautiful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
carpetking5432
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Had a long weekend at this hotel Great place to simply kick back and relax plenty of amenities to keep busy and good resturants that give plenty of choice though the main resturant could get a busy of a morning.
Free transport into Dubai centre.

Dubai is a great place to go for a long weekend but would struggle to occupy more than 5 days

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel .Staff were very friendly ,food was quite good .The rooms were very clean and comfortable but not five star quality .It was good value for money .

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Australian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I agree with most of the poor reviews. This place does not stack up to the high cost associated with staying here. The first room we were given smelled of stale smoke. They offered to refresh it. We said we need a new room so were given the worst smallest and basement room in the resort. At least it didnt smell of smoke.

The shower does not have hot water. Its barely luke warm.

The service at the restaurants is terrible!!! I received my drink at the end of my meal. Bread was cold and stale. mains came before the appetizers ... and it was expensive. Same at breakfast. Given knives but not forks, had to get up to get coffee. This place is not good ... certainly not for a romantic getaway. However, the rooms are clean, the bed is big and comfy, and hotel is well situated with a nice little beach.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

At the most this place rates between 2 to maximum, a two & a half star "resort". It looked & sounded far better than the reality of the experience.
We arrived at approximately 4:30pm the afternoon. None of the staff on duty, would or could help me. I asked the bell boys at the entrance, I asked at reception, who then sent us to the concierge who then sent me back to the reception - I asked all these areas if they were expecting us & if I could please check in to then be asked what my room number is??? - it took four trips to to different areas from entering - all the while my hungry & thirsty children had nowhere in reception to sit & keep themselves busy & the Taxi driver was left in the lurch outside with all my luggage & duty free shopping while I tried to either get booked in or get moving on...
The concierge kept insisting on taking my hand luggage which I never allow anyone to take. It was as if they went all out to create maximum confusion & chaos so that I was distracted continually. While I chased after my children they scanned in copies of each one of our (my children & I) passports & took their time printing the documentation while my hand luggage then disappeared to supposedly be found outside with the rest of my luggage & the taxi driver still waiting to be paid & for me to appear.
The executive suite was one of the closest to the rest of the amenities according to the resort map & the main room was a nice size & the linen clean, however pull-out sleeper couch was WELL past it's life span & neither it nor the bed had mattress protectors for cleanliness. The sleeper pull-out couch was that bad that my two children could not sleep in it together it sagged that badly.
Room service was poor, the food came in carried on a man's shoulder on a tray & was cold in about 3minutes flat. The fish & chips were soggy & oily. The salad insipid, pale & I'm sorry I didn't take a photo for this review.
Generally the staff attitude was lethargic & disinterested.
The tiles around the pool are terribly slippery & dangerous for lively youngster & though the "private beach" was just that, it was very steep & small. Added to that the lifesavers were hidden around a corner chatting at the back of the nightclub, on a wooden deck. A substantial distance from the ppols or beach & sea in the event you actually needd to "Life save" a person or heaven forbid, a child. We stumbled on them while running to catch up with our youngest heading into the sea.
The internet was not easily accessible.
While we checked out we asked them to order us a large taxi to take us the airport. Reputable taxi's are easily accessible in Dubai yet it took us reminding them three times & basically panicking about missing our flights & headed into us insisting that they transport us to the airport before a taxi eventually arrived. While this took place, the hotel's mini bus stood empty outside & not once did they offer it. When we insisted they transport us, they told us they would charge us Dhs120. Talk about not receiving service. The Taxi to the airport only cost us Dhs25 including a good tip.
I'd like to add that in six years of extensively traveling & hiring accommodation as a family, that we've never had keys "disappear". Between unpacking the first evening & until just after breakfast tour first day including time for a bit of outside play for our children, when we returned to the room to lock up for the day, one of our sets of traveling padlock keys did "disappear". We spent three hours unpacking every single item & every single little bag (some for electronic devices, some medical aids, others toiletries, etc, etc). They were nowhere to be found. This entire experience was most unfortunately one of those "twilight" experiences, hopefully not to be repeated soon. We will be sticking to the bigger branded resorts in Dubai. We had hoped for a restful & relaxing long weekend. This was not that experience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for two months whilst working in Dubai. It has a great selection of restaurants serving different cuisines which I could not fault, the bars are good with the hotel also having a beach bar open until 8pm.
If you want to lie in the sun you can either lie by one of the pools, on the grass near the beach or on the beach itself. Bar and waiting staff on the beach are very attentive and always keen to please.
The staff throughout the hotel were always helpful and I had no complaints about anything during my extended stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
brno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

This is not a 5 stars hotel.

Rooms are tiny. Noise coming air condition even stopped. No sun light entering in the room. Fridge is tiny and doesnt work (in my case)

It's not a resort, all bars and restaurants belongs to other companies and will not be able to enter with your card to clubs if you arrive too late.

Be carefull with staff member trying to make you book a white private taxis, it's not 10% more but 200% more expensive.

The SPA is another building. there's no sauna but a steam dirty room.

The private beach is tiny, and you will have ayou have the docks not far from there...

For the price you should better book to another at cheaper price than move from

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!