“Good spot to be on the beach and 5 min.close to the shopping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jumierah Beach Road | PO Box 5182, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #169 of 474 hotels in Dubai
istanbul
“Good spot to be on the beach and 5 min.close to the shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This hotel is located at the beginning of the Jumeriah beach very close to the old town, dubai mall and convention centre. There are 4-5 different open air restaurant choices and also a popular club at the hotel. (Thursday- friday nights it is a nice place to hang out.) Good choice for business + a couple days beach escape.

Negatives: Hotel is not new rooms are dated a little bit, have a small beach

The lady at the Concierge was excellent, recommend us the right spots for dining and sight seeing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I always stay at the royal suite which is like a house and extremely spacious. The staff at the beach and the entire facility is really nice and cooperative. You must try the spa if you ever happen to stay this facility. There are multiple small pools for different suites so it is kind of fun hopping from one pool to another. I would definitely suggest to stay there and try the royal suite.

Room Tip: Royal suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

It was a wonderful experience staying here. The highlight is the view and food ...awesome is the word...Excellent service and the room quality is worth the pricing..I had travelled with my friends on this October 2011, we are planning to come back again...definitely we are sure its not gonna disappoint us......cheers..

Room Tip: Ask for sea food platter...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Almaty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is our 3er time in Dubai and we found a lovely beach resort to be with our children (5 and 6 years old). Very easy place for them, they can go and back everywhere with no problem, nice pool for them, VERY NICE BEACH and sea to swim. You can have a dinner in the beach, over the sand!!! there are several differents restaurants, all of the GREAT!!.
It is next to Jumeira public beach in which you have a 2 km road over the sand only for runners and a different one only for biking or skating, we went there every single evening to watch the sunset while we were running and the kids skating.
3 time less expensive than the hotels over the beach in the fashion Jumeirah, and breakfast and wire connection is included in the rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed in Dubai Marine for a week in September 2011 for a business trip with my partner. I am so much of a water person. I find it relaxing whenever I see water features around me. I simply love this hotel because it has everything I needed in a hotel. A hotel doesn't need to be fancy to be called 5-star. Because the 5-star rating has to cover every aspect of the hotel. The service, the ambiance, the look, comfort, accessibility and basically everything that would make any traveller feel like home away from home with luxury and style. This hotel has it all for me. The people are very warm especially from the housekeeping they made sure that I and my partner have everything that we needed as we are on a business trip. Imagine how hectic our life can be? But these people made our stay worthwhile and hassle-free. Definitely kudos to the Management!!!

A few more improvements on the sound-proofing will do this hotel better to cater to the needs of those staying in the villas near the high-way. This is mostly where the problem comes in as you see on the reviews. For me I had a really good location so I wasn't really bothered by such noise. As of the rooms being small, I also woudn't bother...admit it you do not stay in the room the whole day!!! so why do you need a spacious room? I see nothing wrong with it. I would rather have an over-sized bed in a small room rather than a small bed in an over-sized room. So please don't be mean people we just want comfort so I guess it would be fair enough to not exagerate.

The beach is fantastic, the pool is very well maintained and the bar and restaurants is just inside the facility which makes you not ever needing to go out to find a decent meal or hang-out. They have it all HERE!!!

I love this place. I would say it is a HAVEN for travellers with the best VALUE for you Money! Definitely staying here whenever I am in Dubai!!! :)

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I've stayed in the Dubai Marine several times as my company puts me here on business trips. I would certainly agree with the other reviewers who say that this place is definitely not 5-star standard.
Many of the rooms are small and dark - you will need the lights on even during the bright Dubai daytime and noise from inconsiderate people banging their doors may be a problem due to the echoey nature of the hallways. You may also suffer noise from what I assume is air-conditioning plant at the back of some of the villas.
Check-in and check-out are often very slow. The breakfast buffet is very good, but the food and drink prices are outrageous and the quality of the evening food is not always good. As a Brit, complaining to the management doesn't come easily, but this is one of the few places anywhere in the world that I have sent a meal back and refused to pay.
Most of the service staff seem to be Indian, which is usual for this part of the world, and their attitude and politeness is generally very good. Unfortunately, the same can not be said of some of the Eastern European staff on the front desk, whose surly, dismissive demeanor borders on rudeness.
On the subject of Eastern Europeans, out of curiosity I once enquired at the front desk whether the hotel is Russian owned, because several staff, including management, are Russian, and this hotel attracts MANY Russian guests. I was told that it is not Russian owned, but if you've ever had experience of Russia (many times for me) or Russian people you will understand the significance of this paragraph.
Having stayed at the Dubai Marine several times I feel I know the place quite well, which makes me feel a little suspicious when I read the recent rave reviews (July & August 2011) below this one. Notably, the reviewers have only reviewed this one hotel. Hmmm...
In general I quite like going to Dubai, and in general the Dubai Marine is OK, but each time I leave this hotel I quietly vow that it will be the last time I stay there.

Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I am currently staying at the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa, it's claiming to be a 5 star hotel, possibly once years ago, but the shine has worn off a long time ago.
I am in the "Family suite" this constitutes a very small bedroom with a king size bed, basically this is the bedroom, a lounge area, a small walk in closet and a large bathroom. The pillows on the bed are in dire need of replacement, I didn't even want to use them, as I made the mistake of taking them out of their casing, b/c they were so lumpy and uncomfortable I wanted to reshape them, they were really just disgusting. Other issues are the furnishings; the sofa has many stains on it that have been repeatedly cleaned, or attempted to be cleaned off. The furnishings are sparse and give the impression that they've seen better days, not to mention their lack of comfort. Housekeeping is not the greatest, when asking for extra towels I was told yes and then never received them, repeatedly. I forgot to pack my bath toiletries, and used the hotel's complimentary items, thinking they'd be replaced the next day...they were topped up with water, I've never encountered this before in any hotel. Wait staff at the pool bar are basically a bunch of 20 something boys who hang around checking out the women at the beach, even so far as the Lifeguard blowing his whistle 3 times when a women worthy of approval walks by. It's rather barbaric, he attempted to chat me up, and kept giving me huge cheesy grins and winking at me until I asked the waiters to tell him to stop, they pretended they didn't understand my English, and I told them if he didn't I'd go to the supervisor, he understood me very quickly after this. It was not at all what I expected from a "5 star hotel" I found it to be insulting and inappropriate. It is rather costly at £170/night or $225 US with no extras,(this was a special discount internet rate my Assistant found) breakfast was not included, this was an additional £18 per person, or $25 US, this wasn't anything spectacular either, your basic breakfast buffet for double the cost. The beach cushions were dirty and old looking, and the side tables were filthy and worn, replacing these would cost minimal, and make the beach look substantially better. There is NO cold water in the room, the best you can expect is warm water, due to the fact that they don't cool the water, as it's "too costly"
Overall, I'd say this is no where near a 5 Star hotel, charging higher rates does not make it a higher class hotel it just makes it an expensive mid range hotel.
Stay somewhere else for less money, and better rooms/service.
I'm off to try the spa tomorrow after my day of meetings, for £52 or $70 US for 1 hour, I must say it's a decent price, fingers crossed.
The Mexican Restaurant next door is very good, however also very pricey, the Lebanese restaurant is fantastic, and offers belly dancers and an Arabic Singer, who is pretty amazing.
Overall I'd say this is a mid range hotel pretending to be a 5 star, I'd never stay here again.
Wifi in the rooms is intermittent and disconnects constantly.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room if there are any.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!