We've just returned from our fourth visit to The Palace at the One & Only Royal Mirage in Dubai.
The Royal Mirage is actually three connected properties with The Palace, Residence & Spa and Arabian Court. On all four occasions we have stayed in The Palace but residents of any of the hotels can use the other property's facilities so there is a wide choice of restaurants etc. to choose from. The whole property is easy to get around and you can easily stroll from one end to the other.
What really characterises the One & Only family of hotels for me is the service provided by their fantastic staff. Everyone, from General Manager down to your housekeeper is incredibly friendly, always ready to say hello, have a chat or help you out with anything. Our two boys absolutely worship the chefs who make them pretty much whatever they want for their tea! The staff to guest ratio is incredibly high compared to European or US hotels, meaning there is always someone on hand to make your stay as relaxing as possible.
As a five star property the hotel has multiple fabulous swimming pools, gyms, watersports etc. etc. Everything you would expect in a luxury resort. There are many restaurants that cater for every taste, from a Mediterranean buffet to Indian, to Moroccan, to Asian fusion to steak / seafood and every point in between.
We have always stayed at The Palace and the standard (called deluxe) rooms are very spacious and beautifully appointed. Most of the year they have a policy of only allowing one child in the room with you but during very quiet seasons such as August this policy is relaxed so you can have two children in with you. On the subject of children it is also worth mentioning how welcome they are made to feel, with members of staff going out of their way to play with them. The resort also features a fabulous Kids Club which is so good that our two boys (6&5) actually ask to go there rather than sit endlessly with mum and dad in the evening!
I notice some of the other reviewers mention the half board offer. This is indeed well worth taking if available. Your dinner food is fully inclusive in some of the restaurants, whilst you also have the flexibility to dine in the 'posher' restaurants where you can either take the Table d'hote menu or you can have free reign and receive a credit against your bill.
Our first visit was probably 9 years ago now and a lot has changed since then. Initially the property was on it's own on Jumeirah beach but now it has skyscrapers towering over it from behind, and the view out of the bay is dominated by the Palm development and associated buildings. When we first went they were dredging sand up for the Palm and incredibly some work is still going on.
There were a few things on our most recent trip that served as warnings - alas not everything is perfect! They were pretty minor but worth mentioning. When we arrived we were greeted as having never been before, when in fact our last visit was January 2011 and as I mentioned, this was our 4th time. Not great database management! Also on a few occasions, and perhaps as a result of some cost cutting due to the economic fun and games currently, we found staff a bit awol around the pool and in one of the restaurants. Again, in a normal hotel you wouldn't blink and eyelid, but here where everything else is perfect you do notice.
Overall, a highly recommended hotel that I'm confident everyone will enjoy. We've been as a family and also for a romantic short break. There is something for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One & Only Royal Mirage is considered Dubai’s most stylish beach resort. The resort is composed of 3 distinctive environments – The Palace, the Arabian Court and the Residence & Spa.The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 235 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. Four specialty restaurants at The Palace provide a selection of distinctive cuisines: Olives, for a taste of the Mediterranean; Tagine, truly Moroccan, Celebrities for international cuisine and Beach Bar & Grill for sumptuous seafood and grills. The Arabian Court is crafted in the spirit of the orient with dramatic architecture creating symmetry, amidst a landscape of fountains, walkways and lush gardens. The subtly angled entrance leads to the impressive grand gallery, the vertebrae of the hotel that links the two wings of the property and guides guests towards the 162 charismatic guest rooms and 10 elaborately styled suites, all of which are facing the sea, with private balcony or garden patio. The three restaurants and their lounges thrive on individuality. These include a journey from the grand kitchens of the past, to a modern voyage through the eclectics and vibrancy of the Near East and beyond. The Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage belongs to the prestigious association "Leading Small Hotels of the World." It is an intimate sanctuary for those who wish to languish in the comfort of prosperity, with 50 spacious rooms and suites created with the finest detailing. The secluded gardens, pool and private beach offer an exclusive harbour, in which pampering is the predominant indulgence. Shaded ‘gazebos’ on the pool deck provide solitude amidst the palm trees and water fountains, with the sound of the Arabian Gulf rolling ashore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai