Pleasant enough hotel, but after reading the reviews + speaking to friends who had stayed at (and raved about) one & only hotels i guess we were expecting something special + it didn't really deliver.
A few thoughts on why:
- grounds etc lovely and well kept, but not peaceful! Road noise is a constant (hotel is on a busy dual carriageway + adjacent ia another dual carriageway over to palm island) as is (during the day) the jetski / speedboat noise from the sea. Also lots of children around the pool area - thus it wasn't somewhere you could always chill. We were also woken by hotel building / repair noise on our first day + hotel staff (or possibly guests?) played football in the garden area by pur patio - which was quite rowdy + meant the patio had to be avoided at such times.
- service fine - no real issues - just not as good as i have received at other (less expensive!) 5 stars - e.g. getting a beach towel when down by the pool often involved hunting someone down and contacting the concierge via the phone always took several attempts (engaged, no answer etc) also requests made by phone on ocassion ignored + you had to ask again
- room nice and spacious + clean. Bathroom could have been better: bath too small (smaller than standard size) + not really ideal for a relaxing "I'm on holiday and have time" soak in the tub, would have been ok for a child though. Shower bit of a pain to get the temperature right + then when you were in it, it would occasionally go cold or become too hot (without the temperature guage being changed)
Aware am focusing on negatives here. Hotel was fine and of 5 star standard, it's just that personally I wasn't keen on its location (noise wise) and it just wasn't as good, in my view, as other hotels of the same type that I've stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel
- One Only Royal Mirage
- One Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One & Only Royal Mirage is considered Dubai’s most stylish beach resort. The resort is composed of 3 distinctive environments – The Palace, the Arabian Court and the Residence & Spa.The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 235 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. Four specialty restaurants at The Palace provide a selection of distinctive cuisines: Olives, for a taste of the Mediterranean; Tagine, truly Moroccan, Celebrities for international cuisine and Beach Bar & Grill for sumptuous seafood and grills. The Arabian Court is crafted in the spirit of the orient with dramatic architecture creating symmetry, amidst a landscape of fountains, walkways and lush gardens. The subtly angled entrance leads to the impressive grand gallery, the vertebrae of the hotel that links the two wings of the property and guides guests towards the 162 charismatic guest rooms and 10 elaborately styled suites, all of which are facing the sea, with private balcony or garden patio. The three restaurants and their lounges thrive on individuality. These include a journey from the grand kitchens of the past, to a modern voyage through the eclectics and vibrancy of the Near East and beyond. The Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage belongs to the prestigious association "Leading Small Hotels of the World." It is an intimate sanctuary for those who wish to languish in the comfort of prosperity, with 50 spacious rooms and suites created with the finest detailing. The secluded gardens, pool and private beach offer an exclusive harbour, in which pampering is the predominant indulgence. Shaded ‘gazebos’ on the pool deck provide solitude amidst the palm trees and water fountains, with the sound of the Arabian Gulf rolling ashore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Amex, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.