“Its the little things they miss that makes this a no return” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Deira Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Deira Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Deira Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Muteena Street | PO Box 5772, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #238 of 474 hotels in Dubai
“Its the little things they miss that makes this a no return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Why oh why do supposedly premier hotel brands continue to charge for underperforming or non existant wifi. I dont get charged extra for bath water of electricity so why charge me for wifi. Ive stayed in 3 sheratons in Dubai and all have shockingly expensive and extremely low quality wifi
The rest of the hotel is fairly tired and dated - also same for the other sheratons in Dubai
There is no decent restaurant on site

• Stayed March 2013
FWaller, General Manager at Sheraton Deira Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear The Z,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton Deira Hotel and for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.

It is disappointing to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Once again thank you for writing a review, we appreciate your feedback.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bayonne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had a wonderful experience the last time I stayed and expected the same fuzzy feeling I left with the last time but unfortunately, that was not the case. I must say that I dreaded my stay this time and that's very rare at any SPG property. My upgrade was sub par all round. The room was smaller than my previous room and there was no welcome snacks nor a message from the GM welcoming me to the property. This was one of two SPG hotels in my four out of six with trip that failed to have that extra touch that makes my stay so memorable. The internet was horrible. I couldn't get all the work I needed to get done because I spent most of the time trying to diagnose and fix the connection. At one point an engineer came up to try to fix the internet but simply told me to move locations within my room. That did not work and in all honesty, I shouldn't be having troubles connecting to the internet in a developed country like Dubai. The benefits of this hotel is that it is close to the airport and is affordable. In addition, it does provide a club lounge for patrons and a shuttle bus to a nearby mall that is conveniently located to the metro. Service is average and I felt staff didn't provide the same level of service as I experienced previously.

Room Tip: Make sure to take advantage of the club lounge benefits. Ask for a room with minimal internet inter...
Dear whslc,

I am very disturbed to read your feedback and that this time round we were unable to meet up on your expectation as against your previous stay with us. I have taken note of the areas of disappointment and take this opportunity to apologize for our service faltering on the welcome amenity (snacks), my welcome note not being placed in your room and bad internet connectivity. We also thank you for mentioning a few of the benefits of the hotel as well.

Your patronage is appreciated as well as your feedback as it allows us to improve on the services we provide. I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to have the opportunity of restoring back the confidence you had on the stay previous to this month.

Kind regards,

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights and throughout my stay the staff were excellent. All were early polite and I was able to check in early in the morning . The room was a let down. It smelt of smoke even though the room was non smoking. On my second night, I had noticed small bugs were moving on my desk. Not sure what they were. I bought a can of Raid and used it a couple of times. Hotel is a long way away from the main sites however I used the metro to get there. the metro station was 5 mins away. a taxi from the airport to the hotel cost 50 dirhams

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
FWaller, General Manager at Sheraton Deira Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear UKtraveller186298

Thank you for your very recent stay with us at Sheraton Deira Hotel and for expressing your feedback of the hotel, it’s products and services.

It is very disappointing to read regarding the smell of smoke in a non-smoking room and visibility of small insects on the desk in your room. Pest control is a regular practice carried out at the hotel. However we will revisit it with another dosage. Regarding attractions, we do have a few reputed shopping malls & hotels within 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

We appreciate your acknowledgement of the customer service you received from our associates being ‘excellent’ throughout your stay.

Again, we value your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Sheraton Deira is a striking building and although not quite in the heart of Deira it is in a good location along Al Muteena Street which is tree lined with a pedestrian walkway between the dual carriageways, ideal for a pleasant stroll.

Check in was smooth and we were in our room within minutes; we booked a club room which was on the third floor. The room was quite spacious and had an inner courtyard view however this made the room quite dark as there was hardly any natural light from outside. There was a sitting area with large sofa, plenty of storage space, large TV with a large range of domestic/international channels. There was also tea/coffee facilities and in room safe. The bathroom was large with good shower and plenty of toiletries

We had use of the Club Lounge which was a couple of steps from our room, the staff on the whole were friendly and professional, there were work stations, a large range of National newspapers and magazines, comfortable seating as well as formal dining layout. The Breakfast buffet in the lounge was extensive with hot items on offer and also omelettes made to order, soft drinks and nibbles available all day and a happy hour between 1800hrs-2000hrs.

During happy hour there was a wide range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks as well as sandwiches and always two hot appetizers which changed each evening. The staff were attentive and pre-emptive.

The rooftop pool area was pleasantly laid out with large freeform pool and Jacuzzi, plenty of sun loungers and seating, also plenty of shady corners to relax. Plane noise could be an issue for some as he hotel is on the direct flight path of incoming and outgoing aircraft but we did not have any problems with this at all.

Ate at the Terrace restaurant one evening which was fine but did not have the wow factor however the restaurant was nicely decorated and was a pleasant area to eat.

A very good hotel option in Dubai and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FWaller, General Manager at Sheraton Deira Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear paullegate,

It’s great to see you took time to share your valuable feedback on tripadvisor.com. From your review we understand that you had a good stay at the Sheraton Deira Hotel owing to your experiences.

We appreciate your positive highlights on the hotel’s product and services, starting from the hotel building, it’s location, rooms, staff services, Club lounge, The Terrace, rooftop pool & food.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton Deira Hotel and taking the time to share your experience. We value it!

Our team at Sheraton Deira Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back soon. We are happy to note that you will stay with us again. If you ever need reservation assistance please contact the hotel directly or via our website.

Stay connected,

FW, Genral Manager
Linkoping, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Been here before a couple of times, but the service is less and less impressive. Payed for a room with Free WiFi, but it did not work. I had two hours between meetings and dinner and during this slot I needed internet. They failed to fix it even though one IT guy was in my room for 40 minutes. Didn´t even offer anything even though I was very angry with them. Quite annoying with the sound of aircrafts take off all the time. Gym small but ok. Spa ok. Breakfast is quite good.

Room Tip: Try get a room as far away from the airport as possible...
Dear Erik22Forever,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor on your recent stay at Sheraton Deira Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback on the positives of the breakfast and the health club. We have also taken note and are sorry that you were inconvenienced due to the noise arising from the low flying planes as well as the bad internet connectivity. It was unfortunate that we were facing some router challenges for a few days and were in the process of having it completely replaced by a new router device. It was during this period that you experienced internet connectivity challenges and we are terribly sorry as we do understand the importance of staying electronically connected in today’s world of business. Please accept our apologies for this discomfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to a stronger internet connectivity at the Sheraton Deira Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Manama, Bahrain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed from 13/03/13 to 16/03/13 @ Sheraton, Daira

Everything was mearliy bareable until me, my wife and a 6 month old daughter checked out and realised after 5 hours that we had forgotten out passports in safe (yes, my fault). we only had 1:30 hour for our flight departure and rushed back to hotel. now comes the best part:

- the passport wallets were removed from safe (as it was already given to another guest)

- when i called, the reception team knew my case and asked me to come and colled my passports

- reached hotel in hurry and found both wallets opened and passports removed. It was clear that they had scanned it piece by piece.

- had 300 EUROS in one of the wallets as an emergency money (im sure many travellers do this). did not see it, when inquired with staff, got a rude comment that its all there sir, pleae check.

- By then i was 1 hour away from my departure, i could either miss my flight and take the case with management or sign the form and pick my passports. with wife and 6 month daughter, i couldnt miss the flight so i took the second option.

- i was forced to sign a form syaing i got all my belongings, else they would not let me take the passports, so the form doesnt count.

- have been an SPG member since 2008 and loyal to the extent that i sayed in westin few months back in Dublin and travelled 30 kms to my work place.

- they would not even post my review on SPG site, which is something!
a truely disappointed customer - KT

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr.Ktaneja,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review as a guest at Sheraton Deira Hotel. As we discussed during our telephone conversation regarding your comments made directly on our website, as an established chain affiliated hotel we accept comments and feedback from our valued guests with a constructive spirit. Likewise if the feedback requires justification as regards to the given comments we equally furnish our clients with facts on the same.

As I wrote to you, the hotel has followed the procedures of cleaning a room from check out to releasing a room for a new arrival. After your departure from the hotel the room was cleaned and towards the end of the cleaning process when the housekeeping supervisor was going through the checklist of releasing the room for the next arrival it was noted that the room safe was still locked which should not have been the case as the safe must be open at the time of check-in. On finding that the safe was closed, our safety and security procedures require that 4 senior associates (Duty manager, security, Duty engineer & housekeeping Supvr.) be present when the safe is unlocked and it also requires that a full and thorough inventory is carried out of all items left behind in the safe. This process happens in the room and once it is completed all present need to sign for the inventory, are fully responsible for it and hand over the items to the Lost & Found department. When you had made your call your belongings had already been handed over to the lost & found department and placed in a safe and this was confirmed to you by one of our front desk employees. After this call you arrived at the hotel in order to collect your belongings from the Lost & Found department. Our lost and found as well as the opening of a locked safe procedures are in place in all our hotels in order to safeguard the property of our valued clients. I am deeply sorry that these procedures are not acceptable to you but as an international chain hotel these are the strict standards we are bound to operate with. It is also necessary to sign a release form indicating that you have recuperated your belongings and as such are releasing the hotel of its custody and responsibility.

In relation to the alleged 300 Euros missing from your wallet, as is clearly mentioned on the inventory, there were other currencies, your passports as well as credit/debit cards and other items in your wallet and none of them were taken out. All the associates who conducted the inventory of your items are senior associates who have been with the hotel for a long time and absolutely understand the grave consequences of theft or stealing and know what they can expect from their employer as well the local authorities in terms of punishments. It is inconceivable that they would put their and their families livelihood at stake for this amount of money.

I am very sorry that you feel that we did not follow the correct procedures but please rest assured that we take great care of the safety and security of our guests and their belongings.

Mr. Taneja, once again we thank you for your review and the opportunity for the hotel to explain our procedures.

Yours Sincerely,

Doha,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for a night . Very nice hotel, good location but needs refurbishment. Room furniture a bit old style but functional. Resident car park a bit far, have to use valet parking. The staff were very helpful and check in was a breeze.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FWaller, General Manager at Sheraton Deira Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear TripadvisorDoha_,

Thank you very much for posting a review pertaining to your recent stay at Sheraton Deira.

I very much appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our rooms but most of all your praise of our associates. They are our greatest asset and it is always very rewarding when they get mentionned in guest reviews.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best regards

FW, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Deira Hotel? Share your experiences!