We recently stayed at the Jebel Ali for 11 nights over Easter and overall it proved an excellent choice set out in peaceful surroundings yet with easy and cheap connections to the city and Marina - best of both worlds.
As a family of 5 we were able to have two interconnecting rooms with our three children each having their own bed. The rooms are of average size and balconies are small because back when this hotel was built people probably considered it rather bizarre to want to sit out in such intense heat! Air conditioning worked (a little too well sometimes) and was a welcome relief on our short visits to the room.
We flew to Abu Dhabi and despite arrivals being extremely slow we were at the Jebel within about 45mins, no city traffic.
The whole place is absolutely immaculate. Our rooms were well serviced plenty of lovely Elemis shampoo etc and staff were extremely helpful in providing us anything we needed.
The kids club was great. It provided a lovely relief from the heat for our 5 year old who enjoyed the varied programme of activities and different nationality staff. Not a huge amount to do for kids10+ in terms of organised games but our boys enjoyed the kayaks, golf and sailing and gathered most afternoons for a game of football, making friends with other pre-teen lads. The guys in the water sports area were very professional offering tuition in various water sports. The chill zone was also a better choice for them as activities in the cool zone weren't really 'cool' for 10+. The small animal area and stables are also a nice touch and unique to this hotel.
We were all-inclusive which for the 5 of us was an excellent option. Drinks and food are pretty expensive. We were really pleased with the quality of all of the restaurants we ate and service was exceptional in the main Jebel restaurant with some lovely staff who really made the holiday for our little girl who was poorly during our stay in particular Atyiad (?). We ended up eating in the main buffet restaurants most evenings as it worked best for us time wise and there was plenty of choice for everyone, with themes changing every night.
Pools were ok, though without the use of the Palm pools space and choice is now limited, with people putting towels out pretty early for a poolside spot. Plenty of beds and umbrellas all around though so this wasn't a problem for us. The main Jebel pool was also closed one afternoon for the Manager's cocktail evening to be set up. Now, the evening was fabulous however, as a good will gesture, I do feel we should have been allowed to use the pools at the Palm (particularly as those guests were also invited to cocktails).
We enjoyed a water taxi ride up the coast and many cheap taxi trips to various attractions including Atlantis, Marina and Dubai Mall etc. Given the choice of waking up in a massive uber-glam hotel looking at high rise buildings and traffic or waking up to a friendly, relaxed, clean peaceful hotel with a view across a golf course and only seeing all the hustle and bustle of the city when we wanted to - I'd pick the jebel. Having said that, if this is your first visit to UAE Dubai is not the place you go for a quaint, pretty and peaceful break. It is essentially a dessert which is ever evolving and wherever you look you will most likely see some evidence of construction! It is a unique and quite amazing place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel at the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort features 231 standard rooms and suites over 5 floors. In addition to the palm-lined private beach and temperature-controlled swimming pools, the resort also features a 9-hole golf course with golf academy, 80-berth marina, horse riding stables, a variety of different restaurants and bars and The Spa, a purpose-built wellness facility overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort And Spa
- Jebel Ali Golf Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort Spa