“Good family value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #43 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staffs
“Good family value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We recently stayed at the Jebel Ali for 11 nights over Easter and overall it proved an excellent choice set out in peaceful surroundings yet with easy and cheap connections to the city and Marina - best of both worlds.

As a family of 5 we were able to have two interconnecting rooms with our three children each having their own bed. The rooms are of average size and balconies are small because back when this hotel was built people probably considered it rather bizarre to want to sit out in such intense heat! Air conditioning worked (a little too well sometimes) and was a welcome relief on our short visits to the room.

We flew to Abu Dhabi and despite arrivals being extremely slow we were at the Jebel within about 45mins, no city traffic.

The whole place is absolutely immaculate. Our rooms were well serviced plenty of lovely Elemis shampoo etc and staff were extremely helpful in providing us anything we needed.

The kids club was great. It provided a lovely relief from the heat for our 5 year old who enjoyed the varied programme of activities and different nationality staff. Not a huge amount to do for kids10+ in terms of organised games but our boys enjoyed the kayaks, golf and sailing and gathered most afternoons for a game of football, making friends with other pre-teen lads. The guys in the water sports area were very professional offering tuition in various water sports. The chill zone was also a better choice for them as activities in the cool zone weren't really 'cool' for 10+. The small animal area and stables are also a nice touch and unique to this hotel.

We were all-inclusive which for the 5 of us was an excellent option. Drinks and food are pretty expensive. We were really pleased with the quality of all of the restaurants we ate and service was exceptional in the main Jebel restaurant with some lovely staff who really made the holiday for our little girl who was poorly during our stay in particular Atyiad (?). We ended up eating in the main buffet restaurants most evenings as it worked best for us time wise and there was plenty of choice for everyone, with themes changing every night.

Pools were ok, though without the use of the Palm pools space and choice is now limited, with people putting towels out pretty early for a poolside spot. Plenty of beds and umbrellas all around though so this wasn't a problem for us. The main Jebel pool was also closed one afternoon for the Manager's cocktail evening to be set up. Now, the evening was fabulous however, as a good will gesture, I do feel we should have been allowed to use the pools at the Palm (particularly as those guests were also invited to cocktails).

We enjoyed a water taxi ride up the coast and many cheap taxi trips to various attractions including Atlantis, Marina and Dubai Mall etc. Given the choice of waking up in a massive uber-glam hotel looking at high rise buildings and traffic or waking up to a friendly, relaxed, clean peaceful hotel with a view across a golf course and only seeing all the hustle and bustle of the city when we wanted to - I'd pick the jebel. Having said that, if this is your first visit to UAE Dubai is not the place you go for a quaint, pretty and peaceful break. It is essentially a dessert which is ever evolving and wherever you look you will most likely see some evidence of construction! It is a unique and quite amazing place!

Room Tip: Palm Tree court looks lovely, if your budget permits and gives you a balcony or garden space.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear menmyboys,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality and I was happy to know that you had an excellent holiday with us during the festive season.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you rated as a good family value, the room amenities which you received upon arrival, the available activities which your kids enjoyed the most, the All Inclusive package that you opted to as well as the quality food served in all the restaurants which you felt was exceptional.

As we endeavour to maintain our tradition of creating memorable experiences, it was lovely to read your positive comments about my team, whom you personally acknowledge and that you felt were lovely and made your stay holiday enjoyable. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

First time at Jebel Al stayed for 14 nights from 10th April. We normally stay within the Jumeriah complex, but had become disillusioned bcecause of the number of restrictions now placed on the dine around packages, so decided on recommendation to try somewhere different on an all inclusive basis. We were a family two adults and a ten year old son.

We were a bit disappointed on arrival after a long overnight flight as we found the front of house staff not very welcoming. No towels or cool drink on arrival. We had asked if possible could we have our room early. I had even e mailed three weeks making the request before we arrived, but the response was only if you pay for it and that was the same for any beverages or food before midday. For the minimal cost to the hotel and the length of our stay we thought that was the least they could do.

Having got our room it was well appointed and although not as big as the rooms in Jumeriah it was fine for the little time we spent in it.

We found all of the different food venues excellent and the quality and standard on a par if not better than Jumeriah. We would particularly like to mention The Captains bar. There have been a number of reviews commenting about the service, but we found that although this got busy at times the staff worked tirelessly to provide an excellent service, sometimes there was a short delay but the food was outstanding. I would say that I witnessed some of the guests talking to some of the staff as if they were something they trod in and were very rude. I would not have been as polite and restrained. So well done !! A special mention for Singhman and Robert, but to all of the staff a big thank you. Also a big thank you to the staff at Pilatos Pool for your excellent service as well.

Our son found other kids to play with and he was off playing in the pool or football or in Chill club “it was great” in his words. He wants to say thanks to the Sports Bar staff who kept him company in the mornings while he did his homework, while we were in the gym.

The gym had clean functional equipment. It had all that we needed.

This hotel is nearly 35 years old and was one of the first built in Dubai. No, it has not got the glitzy of some of the newer hotels, however it was clean and the grounds well-kept and very pleasant. We loved it......

We found the all inclusive package to be good value for us. Our son could have as many milk shakes as he wanted !! Perhaps a few more premium spirts could be included in the package but that would be my only critisism.

Except our arrival experience .All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful and couldn’t do enough for you.

Yes, we will be going back later in the year. We had a great holiday……………………………..

Room Tip: We spent very little time in it so had a garden view which was fine for us.
Dear Spod1,

I was pleased to know that you had a great holiday with us and I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the quality of food served in all the restaurants, the kids activities which your son enjoyed the most, as well as the All Inclusive package which you value.

I have noted your feedback in relation to your arrival experience, and I would like to extend my sincere apology for any shortfall in service on this occasion I would also like to thank yo for bringing this to my attention and rest assured your comments have been shared with the Director of Front Office for immediate attention and action in order to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about my entire team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged and that you felt were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my 4th visit to to the Jebel Ali Beach hotel. After my last visit I wrote (Tripadvisor & the GM ) and complained about what seemed to be a very low moral with the staff in the dining room, apart from the hostesses there were no, smiles, "good mornings" served cold tea and coffee every morning. I am glad to say that that has all changed, on this occasion I had booked half board all the staff in the dining room were as they should be, very cheerful mannerly and helpful, that was also the case in the sports bar & hall and the White Orchid lounge. The men with the golf buggies are always happy to help with any request and cheerful.The beach and garden staff are the same, very helpful. The standard rooms and bathrooms remain to be too small and the balconies are absolutely tiny, but there is nothing they can do about that.Perhaps next time I will book an apartment. I was quite offended when told that 2 of the swimming pools are not available to the hotel guests and guessed that the reason was because they had built another 5 apartment blocks .I would advise management to mention that fact on the hotel website because that may easily put guests from returning to the hotel if they have children. I also noted that the guests complimentary "Cocktail hour" on Wednesday evenings has been been stopped. I always thought that was a very nice gesture. NOW my one major complaint on my visit was the service at at he Captains Bar on the beach. There are plenty staff there most of the time, but they make it look as if they are overwhelmed by the amount of requests they get from the guests, all rushing around and making what should be a very relaxing atmosphere listening to a band or background music a pleasure. On one evening we arrived in time to listen to the band playing their last few songs. The waiter pounced on us for our order which was 2 pints of Heineken beer. 2 Pints arrived allright but were as flat as still water (and I know from owning a bar for 10 years) the reason why. I left most of one of the pints and took the other to the barman to complain and asked for a freshly poured pint of Heineken to which he answered we don't have Heineken in this bar either Fosters or Carlsberg. That is not the kind of service I expect, the waiter who took the order should have told us there was no Heineken. The following day we had 2 Strawberry milk shakes from the same bar and there were pieces on silver paper in both if them. When I returned them I did not even get an apology and he only replaced one of them. That bar is out of bounds for us from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms with a seaview are not worth the extra expense
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear RiccardoEdinBurgh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I was glad to know that we have improved our services in some areas comparatively on this occasion.

Recently, our hotels have been segmented within the resort giving each hotel its own dedicated space, privacy and package. Each hotel has various access areas and will therefore be presented as two separate properties. Due to this implementation, accessibility to certain areas and facilities will change. Therefore, I have learnt of your disappointment about the current changes that we have made at the resort. I would like to inform you that we do mentioned the details on our website and It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests and to be flexible where possible. We will constantly monitor the feedback that we received over the coming months.

I have noted your comments in relation to the room size. Due to the design and size of the rooms in JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, you may wish to consider for future visits, to stay in our JA Palm Tree Court accommodation, where the balconies and the room size are more spacious.

It is with great disappointment I read your feedback about the level of service that you received from my team at the Captain’s Bar which was not to your satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience on this occasion and may I take this opportunity to reassure you that we always take all feedback on our customer service very seriously, which as a hotel we invest greatly in the training of all our associates. I would also like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please rest assured that I have personally discussed your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and action in order to avoid similar recurrences in the future. I can assure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service, and it is our sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting our beautiful resort on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had been here in 2011 (but Tripadvisor doesn't allow this term and we have to choose one) and I recommend this hotel as a good compromise between price and quality. Service was EXCELLENT in restaurant,pool bar or room.
For us also location is perfect and I love that the hotel is quite place with no silly entertainment during the day or night or lound music at the night.
Maybe only rooms could be a little big bigger.
Even staffs were helpful and nice to help with taxi or tickets for attractions.
We used their w-end,Friday and Saturday for city trips as hotel used to be full by locals or people working in Emirates.
I love UAE,because they have the best service and local people are very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Letsseeit2013,

I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you would recommend us to to other travellers which I really appreciate. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be excellent, as well as the resort location which you felt was perfect.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Very beautiful hotel though far from city center. Just on a beach, good lawn, football pitch etc.
I complained about my room on the ground floor just by the entrace from the pool, this was changed immediately. Also i got a cake for my birthday!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Honeymix22,

Firstly, I would like to wish you belated “Happy Birthday”! I was pleased to know that you had a relaxing holiday with us and I was also glad that we managed to meet your expectations in making your birthday celebration a wonderful and memorable. I would also like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be very beautiful, as well as the available activities which you have enjoyed the most.

I have noted your feedback with regards to your accommodation location that was not to your expectation, which further to my understanding was later resolved. I would like to sincerely apologise for any discomfort this may have caused you during your stay with us.

Chipping Barnet, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We spent ten days in Palm Court which is part of the Jebel Ali Resort in Dubai over Easter with out four children. Palm Court is all suites which works really well for large families as we have two rooms next to each othere with a lockable main front door so we left all the internal doors open but had plenty of privacy as all the kids slept in one room as they are huge. Very clean and well maininted with plenty of towels, tea and coffee etc. It is an all inclusive resort but a very good one. There was a choice of 9 restaurants so you could do buffet or sit down waiter service at any meal. The breakfasts were amazing with a choice of two restuarants and although busy as long as you booked your dinners in advance you could get a table where you wanted one.
One end of the resort by the childrens pool was a little two crowded for us as people tend to congregrate round the bar area but we stayed up the other grassy end and there were plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. A word of warning though if you wanted to sit by the pool you have to get your towels out early doors!!
It is quite an anonymous resort as it is so large but if like us you prefer family time it works really well. A wide mix of nationalities but lots of English so plenty of other children for the kids to play with, loads of activities and apparently the kids club is good but we didn't use it.
Also no mosquitos which was a nice change from the Carribean. The resort is an hours drive from the airport but this means there are no high rises and you get a sense of space that you don't get in the centre. We did one trip to the mall to go to the Aquarium but other than that there was plenty to do in the hotel.
All in all a great holiday which was very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We had two first floor beach view rooms but I would ask for a ground floor garden next time as then...
Dear Rebecca P,

We are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, and it was nice to read your very detailed and candid review. I was also glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us during the festive season.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be a great family resort, the accommodations location which you felt were very clean and well maintained, the All Inclusive package that you valued, the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was amazing, as well as the available activities which you enjoyed the most.

tangier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It is in middle of no where.....but once you get in , it's very nice. Green grass , palm tresss and long beach. Beach has a lot of algae:(((( there are many pools, and we ate in one of the restaurants, not that great. But the place has many outdoor activities for kids and adults. I would go back for a day again, but wouldn't acquire a membership.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear mghziel,

I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you would like to come back again. Please allow me to thank you for your kind word with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be very nice.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the beach and the sea water condition and I can confirm that our beach is cleaned daily, however there is natural tidal movement which is happening constantly and is unfortunately beyond our control. I am also pleased to confirm that we are Blue Flag certified for our beach at the resort. Rest assured that your comments are valuable to us and have been immediately shared with our Director of Sports and Leisure.

Hotel Manager

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!