“Fantastic family holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #38 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
“Fantastic family holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have just returned from a very relaxing and enjoyable week at Jebel Ali golf resort.
Yes the location is slightly out the way but i think the hotel prices reflect this, taxis are reasonable and also the hotel cars are very reliable instead of taxis, and they also provide car seats for little ones. We paid £40 to be collected from dubai airport in hotel car and also used hotel car ( saloon bmw ) to take us on return journey to atlantis resort, which was £25 return.
This hotel is great if you are travelling with young children,as we were with our 2 and a half year old ( a very fussy one too!) We opted to stay at jebel ali instead of the new Palm tree court as we felt that having two adjoining rooms would suit us better. One room would have been a squeeze for three of us though. The elemis toiletries are a luxury touch. After seeing palm tree court, i think next time we would stay in a suite there instead
Parts of Jebel Ali could do with a face lift to bring in line with other five star hotels , particularly the lifts and toilets in the public areas
One word of warning - the hair salon is not part of the hotel and is overpriced and staff there are exceptionally rude!
All inclusive is definately the way to go- the food choices are excellent as are the different restaurants you can visit. Our favourites were anchor bar for lunch and white orchid thai and shooters in the evening. Our little girl loved the kiddies spag bol !

The bar and restaurant staff work incredibly hard to make things tick over smoothly in all areas of the hotel, the service in all was excellent. Id also like to mention the housekeeping staff who were also very friendly and work very hard

We have stayed at a few other top five star resorts in dubai and this does fall short slightly if you are looking for the opulent finer touches ,but as a good value , basic five star , all incusive family resort, it ticks all the boxes for us and we shall definately return next year

Cant wait!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear SHwick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the standard service which you have kindly mentioned that were excellent, as well as the selection of food that you enjoyed in our restaurant, in particular the Anchor Bar, White Orchid and Shooters.

I was sorry to read your comments with regards to your salon experience. As per our email correspondence, I can assure you that I am personally looking into this matter, and this will also be addressed to all our contracted partners in order to prevent similar reoccurrences in the future.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were very friendly and incredibly hardworking. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have just spent a fantastic 6 night break at Jebel Ali , as i said in the title it is faultless as a holiday destination .
It has excellent restaurants ,a great selection of beers,wines and cocktails and facilities for every interest in particular the golf course which is a great 9 hole track and very good value .
By far the best aspect of the resort is the staff that cannot do enough for you .

As some people have said it is an hours journey to Dubai main town but we didnt see the downside of this there is a regular complimentry coach and a one day visit is enough as there's so much to do in the resort .

Already planning for next year

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear paul m,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the golf course, as well as the quality of the food and beverage that you enjoyed in our restaurant, which you felt were excellent.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Wigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A good 4 star hotel by Dubai standards although compared to The Westin or Jumeriah Beach hotel not 5 star luxury. The real downside though is the location as it is a long drive (plus 30 mins) from the main areas of Dubai such as the marina and further to the old city or Burj areas. If you want to stay put in the resort and do little else on all inclusive basis then this is for you. If not and have children try for a deal at the Jumeriah Beach or The Westin at the marina.

Family and childcare facilities are good although the crèche and kids club is not complimentary (nor pushchair hire) and they are at the other The Westin and Jumeriah Beach previously stayed at. The meal at the White Orchid was exceptional as was the fresh fish at Divaz however it is expensive eg more than £100 for a couple with young child with no alcohol. The buffet menus are good but standard for Dubai. If you wish to have alcohol it is expensive and of course it is a long way from Dubai city and marina so options elsewhere are non-existent. The complementary bus service is good but make sure you get up early as we were not quick enough and missed our stop so ended up at the Mall of the Emirates as the driver wouldn't turn back for us even though clearly on crutches! For children the pets corner and pony rides are a nice touch and not available at other similar resorts.

The staff are helpful and very friendly but again this is Dubai standard in top hotels. The rooms are smaller in size than the other 2 hotels mentioned and the bathrooms not as luxurious. The pools do not have a covered area which is standard at the other 2 and important if you want to protect children from the power of the sun. The rooms and general areas are vey clean and the housekeeping staff clearly take great pride in their work which was appreciated eg leaving a fruit bowl in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Thedragon22,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the resort, and its facilities, the stables, the All Inclusive package, as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. You have also kindly mentioned that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants across the resort, in particular the White Orchid and Divaz.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were helpful and very friendly, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Inverness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here from 10 March for 4 nights. 3 generations, myself, father and 11yr old daughter. Plenty for us all to do. The staff are excellent and a credit to the hotel, especially like their comments on their badges of "i love.. " Always a warm welcome. We were upgrades to a pool view room and lovely to open to curtains and see the sunshine across to the marina. My Dad enjoyed the golf course, pools are lovely and varied. Food is excellent and of a very high standard. I must say having stayed in plenty of hotels that the beds are the comfiest I have ever slept in, we were up and on the go early each day but I could have spent more time in them if i could ! Well worth a visit - love it want to go back !

Room Tip: worth paying extra for a pool/sea view room
Dear clareg1973,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us. You have kindly mentioned the lovely views across the Marina, as well as the rooms which you have mentioned had very comfortable beds. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the pools and the golf course, as well as the quality of the food that you enjoyed, which you felt was excellent and to a high standard.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were excellent, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent a weekend March (14-15-16) there for a wedding, and was really impressed.
Breakfast buffet was one of the bests I've seen in some time, and the service above par.
The palm court rooms are just stunning, with peacocks running wild everywhere :)
Maybe the only downside was that it was really crowded, and kids hogging the pool bar, but quite understandable since it's the peak season.
My only recommendation would probably be to have some kind of 'adults only' pool.
Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay, and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Palm court rooms are just wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Charles_Gh,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the breakfast which you felt was the best that you have seen, as well as the hotel room which have kindly mentioned has a stunning views.

I have noted the areas for improvements which you have highlighted, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here with our two young children in February half term. We were very happy with this resort. Visited Dubai many times over the years but this was our first time at this resort and being all inclusive. Rooms were excellent. We had a garden suite which was very spacious, clean, HUGE luxurious bathroom!!!! Pools were great. Several to choose from ranging from a baby pool to an adult's only pool. Lovely landscaped gardens with waterfalls and peacocks roaming around. Food was fantastic. Had the choice to dine in many restaurants throughout the resort. We ate in several different restaurants and they were all fantastic. The italian restaurant was lovely. Great choice of venues and food throughout. Staff very helpful and friendly. The only negative comment I would say is that it is advertised as a family friendly hotel and indeed we met lots of families on our stay but there wasn't anything to do for the children after dinner. We and lots of other families tended to eat dinner then go back to our rooms. Other than this though the resort is lovely and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tanya1_12,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the pool and the gardens. You have also kindly mentioned that the hotel was well-equipped, has spacious rooms with a huge luxurious bathroom, as well as the standard and selection of food that you enjoyed, in particular La Traviata Restaurant.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were friendly and helpful, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to them.

dundee scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

have just come back from our holiday in the Jebel Ali Hotel. we have been 6 times in this hotel and just love it. the staff always remember us and the food is excellent. my husband put on half a stone.!! the beach is fantastic and the weather was so good. cant wait to go back in september and see everyone again. we had a lovely meal in shooters restaurant one night and also in the Orchid. you need to go all inclusive as this is the best deal.

Room Tip: we always like sea facing rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ronnies40,

As a returning guest to the resort, it was a pleasure to read that you had an amazing holiday, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, the beach, the All Inclusive package which you found to be good value. You have also kindly mentioned that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants across the resort, in particular the White Orchid and Shooters.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!