“Fantastic hotel and wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #33 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Berkshire
“Fantastic hotel and wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have just returned from an 8 day stay here and had the most fantastic time. Although this was not our first trip to Dubai, it was our first trip to Jebel Ali Golf Resort. Previously we have stayed on Jumeirah beach so initially the resort seemed a bit of a distance from the city but the taxis were easy and quick so this was not a problem. In fact, it was great to be away from the hustle and bustle and relax in peace and quiet. My son and husband enjoyed the golf here and also played at several other courses in Dubai whilst my daughter and I chilled on the beach. The resort itself is first class. The staff are just amazing, without exception, so lovely, always pleasant, polite and friendly no matter what time of the morning or night. The food was great, we loved the steak at La Traviata and at Shooters. The Captains bar was the perfect place for early evening drinks and to watch the sun set. The breakfast buffet was fab and the Sports bar overlooking the marina was handy for the boys to catch up with the football and more golf! All in all, I would really recommend this resort and the all inclusive option is especially good value. Well done to the team at Jebel Ali golf resort, we are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear lorberkshire,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us, and that you found the All Inclusive to be very good value for money.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, our facilities, including the golf course, as well as the quality of food and service which you have kindly mentioned was great.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

1,327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed in January 2012, has taken a while to get round to writing a review! Went with wife, 4 month old son and in-laws. Firstly, for anyone thinking of travelling with a baby to Dubai, you could not ask for a better resort, not to mention Emirates who were FANTASTIC from the second we checked in, right through to bringing us a stroller and looking after us very well throughout.

Anyway, back to the Jebel Ali. This was our second trip to Dubai so we knew what to expect in terms of cleanliness, service etc, and we were not disappointed. The choice of restaurants and bars is more than enough, even for a two week stay but the thing was, on about 80% of the evenings we ate in the main restaurant, just off the lobby because they had themed evenings and every night there was a different mouth watering option. This place doesn't mess about on serving drinks either. If you ask for a large one, you get a large one. Particular praise goes to the Assistant Restaurant Manager, Natalia Testova who was brilliant, she really was. Very informative, made us feel especially welcome and however busy, always took the time to come and say hello - she is a credit to the team and hotel.

The swimming pools were warm, spotlessly clean, the spa offered great treatments - one thing to bear in mind is that due to religion, masseurs only carry out treatments on their own gender, so if you are a man that likes a woman's touch when you have a spa massage, then you have to have a male masseur.

The rooms weren't huge but in a resort with so much to do, we rarely used the room! The golf course was a challenge, mainly due to my poor swing, but we had a lot of fun partaking in a daily game of mini golf by the watersports hut- far more challenging than you might expect with some accomplished golfers still struggling to get around the 18 challenging holes.

Lunchtime, there are some fantastic places to dine - we particularly enjoyed sitting in the sheltered cabanas with our little boy, and the lunchtime offerings were as good as the main restaurants meals.

One of the nicest touches was that each day we went to the same spot on the beach to relax and we brought our baby tent for our son. We left the beds, towels etc and went for breakfast - each day when we returned to the beach, the attendant had positioned the parasols for us to have some shade and wind protection and he remembered exactly how we liked our parasols - sometimes it's the little touches like that that make the holiday.

The marina is nice enough for a stroll around and a seaplane takes off from there to do a tour of the gulf, over the city and main landmarks. At the entrance to the gold club there is another restaurant along with badminton / squash and table tennis too.

Watersports were fun to use, the catamaran was in great shape and the stretch alongside the beach perfect for a novice like me! Scuba diving can be arranged but I would recommend a trip to Oman for this as the visibility in Dubai is poor.

We ventured into the city three times and had great times - on arrival back to the resort we were met with smiles and a warm welcome.

We will return to this resort in early 2013 I am sure, it was THAT good.

Room Tip: To avoid a lot of walking, request a room in the centre of the hotel as the rooms at either end leav...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear pjj2k,

It was very enjoyable to read your very detailed review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, the facilities, the quality of the food, as well as your kind words about the swimming pool, spa, golf course, and watersports.

I would like to thank you for your compliments in particular for the food and drinks in IBN Majed restaurant which you have kindly mentioned were mouth watering.

I do appreciate your praise with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us, some of whom you have kindly mentioned were brilliant and were very informative. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in early 2013.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a really beautiful hotel, and i hope that the new extension wont change it. The kids love it... there are 3 pools, and they are in and out all day. They have a really helpful schedule of events, and the bus service to get into Dubai runs frequently. The breakfast is the kids particular favourite... pancakes, cereal, eggs, and lots, lots more. We will be going back again; they are so helpful, and if there is an issue, they will try and sort it out quickly and efficiently!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Kate K,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy that you and your family had an anjoyable vacation.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort, in particular the pools, which I am pleased to advise you that we now have 4 pools! I was also pleased to read that the children enjoyed the selection available at breakfast time.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

One of the best Resort & Spa for holidays and business tours. We had a business conference + training sessions and got the chance to stay in Jebel Ali hotel for 3 nights. The hospitality was good as we expected. We were in fourth floor of hotel which have great feel of Garden with Sea view. The room was well furnished with all required amenities. Ballrooms were very big and we enjoyed all our business training sessions and conferences. The services they had provided was excellent and all the staffs are very friendly and egger to serve best. The hotel had number of restaurants and bars which offered great taste especially Sea food was amazing and best ever I taste.

Room Tip: Book Higher Floors!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear RumanaRaza,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your kind words about the resort, its facilitiess, restaurants as well as the conference and banqueting services that you have kindly mentioned.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the associates who looked after you during your stay, which you have mentioned were very friendly and eager to do their best.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights with our 8 month old son and had a wonderful time. The room was very nice - a sea view room on the ground floor. It was especially handy for my son as we could step out the patio door and have him play on the grass. The grounds and pools are beautiful. There is a lot of space and so many sun loungers - very impressive. My favourite pools were the adult only and the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. We also enjoyed going in the sea. The food was delicious. The a la carte restaurants are very sophisticated but we also enjoyed the buffets too - especially the fish evening at Fontana. My only complaint about food is that in White Orchid the middle of the chicken was raw (satay chicken). Luckily I realised this before I swallowed any. I alerted the waiter and he seemed utterly unconcerned and did not offer an apology (personally I think the item should have been removed from the bill!). Perhaps he did not realise raw chicken is potentially very dangerous?! I loved the ambience of Divaz and the pizza at the italian. Lunch at Captains bar was always good. This was also a nice spot in the evening as the band were consistently good. Breakfast was well organised with a vast array of food. My son was welcomed and staff were quick to fetch him a high chair. Other things we enjoyed were a sailing trip for half an hour, a balinese massage at the spa (equisite!), mini golf and the table tennis. The shuttle bus to the city works very well indeed.
All in all it was fabulous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Starshaped,

It was a pleasure to read your kind words about the resort, and I was so pleased to read that you had a fabulous stay with us.

I was happy that you enjoyed the facilities that we have available, in particular the table tennis, and the Golf course. I would like to also thank you for your kind words regarding the associates who looked after you during your stay, and I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in all our restaurants; I was however extriemly disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience in White Orchid Restaurant. Your feedback is extremely important for us allowing us to continually improve our services, and to make any necessary improvements. I would like to apologize if we fell short in any way and please rest assured I have shared your concerns and dissatifaction with our Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage for immediate attention and action.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Myself and my wife had been to this resort 5 years ago and again 6 months ago ! Everytime I wonder how with money and mind we can change the desert into a beautiful forest ! The first time we visited we were amused to see several peacocks running and flying around ! Sure- it adds to the natural ambience ! Plenty of pools with lush green lawn to run around - it is indeed a nice sojourn for weekend ! Only thing we were not satisfied both the times is the food - there were hardly anything for vegetarians to enjoy !

Room Tip: Rooms facing sea will be wonderful !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sundar87,

As a returning guest to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to read that once again you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities as well as for the pools and the gardens.

I have also noted your comments regarding having more vegetarian opitions, which we do appreciate your feedback in order to continually, improve our products and services. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with our Director of Culinary for immediate attention and review.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Yet another fabulous week at Jebel Ali. Continuing our anniversary year, we have just returned from this lovely hotel in the middle of nowhere. The weather was hot, the food (A.I.) was great, the pools were heated (one new one on the beach) and the staff very pleasant. Just one thing spoiled our week and as usual it was other holiday makers with children. Above our room we thought we had elephants running up and down. We did mention this to the duty manager and the next day we had sweets (smarties) and chewed chewing gum covering our balcony, fed through an overflow water pipe. Again we mentioned this to the duty manager and the noise stopped. However, the family may have gone home. I was disappointed that the management did not get in touch with us until the evening before we left.....Not good.. ! We were asked if we would like to change rooms, why should we, we did not make the noise ! We would still return and hope to in March 2013.

Room Tip: If you can afford a junior suit, book that one as it is on the top level, however, it is expensive...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear flan44,,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay.

I was however disappointed to read that we failed to get in touch with you regarding your concerns about noise from another room. I would like to personally apologise for this experience, and I hope that this did not mark what an otherwise enjoyable stay. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with our Director of Front Office, to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in particular for the associates who looked after you during your stay, whom you have kindly mentioned were very pleasant. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!