“Excellent value family hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #41 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We chose an all inclusive property for our second visit to Dubai as we took our late teen children and wanted good value for money. The food was absolutely fantastic, lots of tastes accommodated and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The hotel menus had clear indications of what is included in the all inclusive package and put a "sun" symbol next to the drinks which were on the plan. The hotel was quite busy with lots of families with young children and although a five star property, lacked the sophisticated feel of other equivalent hotels. It is situated quite a distance from the central cluster of hotels and facilities but the hotel has a complimentary shuttle service which takes you into town which we used and then got taxis back so we could be more flexible with our day. If you have children it's the place to be but as a couple I would struggle with the sheer amount of people busying around all the time. In summary, the staff couldn't have been more helpful (apart from the engineer I met when I called to complain about a smell of oil in my air conditioning) and they work extremely hard to make this place a success. Well done Jebel Ali for an enjoyable and indulgent holiday!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear fgbgp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the All Inclusive to be very good value for money.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, as well as the quality of food and service which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
LiverpoolBP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first visit to Dubai we spent three nights staying bed and breakfast at The Hilton Jumeirah Beach Residences (reviewed separately) We departed JHR on Monday 24th September and travelled over to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa where we stayed all inclusive for seven nights.

We loved every minute at Jebel Ali, we were fortunate to be upgraded from a garden view room to a room on the third floor which had a beautiful view of the pool/sea and also a grand view of the Jebel Ali Marina.

My husband and I have been fortunate enough to have travelled to many world-wide destinations; Dubai has now become a favourite along with Jebel Ali resort. We would highly recommend the all-inclusive package. The food was fantastic from IBN Majed buffet restaurant to the speciality restaurants. We ate at three of the speciality restaurants Shooters (steak restaurant) We and other guests were picked up by bus at J.A. and we were taken over to Shooters (an approximate 8 minute drive) which is situated at the J.A. shooting club, it was lovely to sit having our meal in the evening time and to be able to look out at fellow guests and members taking part in the clay pigeon shooting. Divas is a floating restaurant moored at J.A. Marina. (Fish restaurant) You can pick your own fresh fish and have it prepared especially for you! A favourite was the Italian restaurant La Traviata which is situated inside J.A. on the ground floor. The décor is lovely at La Traviata and there was a good three piece band playing some lovely music whilst we were having our meal!

Drinks were all excellent (branded) and I can honestly say that all inclusive at Jebel Ali was far superior to staying A.I. in Europe or Mexico!

The customer service we received from all staff members was a credit to J.A. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Our room was lovely and it was kept immaculate at all times.
There is a really good gym at J.A. which is over at the marina. You can look out to the beautiful yachts moored at the marina whilst slogging away on the running machines (OR MAYBE NOT!!) There is also a really good Sports bar by the gym which has many big screens; you can watch live premiership football over there and many other sports. (They also serve delicious food!)

Jebel Ali is a twenty minute drive away from Jumeirah Beach and approximately a forty minute drive away from Dubai airport. The hotel runs a daily courtesy bus several times a day to IBN Battuta Mall, The Atlantis Hotel, Mall of the Emirates and The Gold & Diamond Park. Dubai Taxis are very reasonable so you will never feel as though you are out on a limb while staying at J.A.

On day four of our stay we went to the Gold & Diamond Park for our Ruby Anniversary presents. I was able to pick out a beautiful diamond (which is certified!) from Cara. We were asked by the lovely Jewellery sales gentleman if we would like to go over to their factory with him and watch the work being completed. We were then able to watch as the gold band I had chosen was made bigger for me. Another gentleman set my diamond into the gold band and I was asked if I would like my (40 year old) wedding ring polished up to remove any scratches from it, by the time they were finished my wedding ring looked brand new!

The renovations at Palm Tree court were due to be completed the day of our departure; we will definitely look forward to a return visit and the use of all facilities at both Palm Tree Court and Jebel Ali. Highly recommended a truly wonderful holiday for a truly special Ruby Wedding Anniversary!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms near marina have lovely views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Liverpoolaa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the All Inclusive package, as well as cleanliness and comfort of the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were kept immaculate at all times.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, our beaches, and the quality of the food across the resort, as well as your praise for the service experienced.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Frodsham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have travelled to Dubai now 4 times and am never amazed at how much it changes on each visit. The Jebel Ali has a great location IF you don't want the trappings of the city and attractions. It is about 85 dirhams to travel to the Dubai mall and will take approx 30 minutes in a taxi which gives you some indication of its location. We loved it.
Take out the all inclusive option if you want to stay in the location and not travel out to restaurants. It's great value for money and takes some of the hassle away of watching your costs as Food and drink in a 5 star hotel attract 5 star prices. No more than a hotel in London to be fair but much more than a trip to Southern Spain.
Go for the sea view rooms if possible and try and get on floor 4 or 5 to enjoy them.
The restaurants serve quality food and alternative menus in the evening often theming them on countries. The service isn't quite as good as other hotels I've stayed in Dubai but its good enough and the staff are generally attentive. They could do,with a little better organisation sometimes at lunchtime.
The sea plane was worth the trip but a top tip is to leave it too late in the day to see if they have spare seats and you can get a discounted fare. We got approx a 30% discount but only managed to get 3 seats and someone had to miss out but one you need to assess based on your budget.

Room Tip: Sea view and 4th floor upwards
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mark468_12,

I would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to the All Inclusive package, which you felt was very good value for money, and also offered a wide selection of beverages and quality food.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments regarding the resort, its facilities, as well as the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and in the near future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my third trip to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa, the first being in 2000 and the second being in March this year, when I went with my 85 year old mum and 12 year old daughter. This time it was for a much deserved 'me time' holiday with my best friend from university days, during the last week of September 2012. I had such a fantastic time in March, that I couldn't wait to go back. It was a not to be missed opportunity to go with my friend, who although very well travelled world-wide, had never been to Dubai.

We were very grateful to the hotel for the allocation of our wonderful Superior Executive Suite on the 5th floor (Room 519) which was absolutely enormous with fabulous sea views. Kenny the Manager and his staff from the Peacock Lounge on the 5th Floor, looked after us exceptionally well for the duration of our stay. I hope I have captured everyone here, as Njenga, Zin, Jackson, Priyantha and Islam all gave a very personal, friendly and attentive service. They all made our stay that extra little bit special. The room attendant (sorry I didn't manage to get his name), also did a fantastic job and managed to never disturb us once, which is how I neglected to get his name!

The hotel is very clean, comfortable, has attentive staff, lovely surroundings, a fabulous range of restaurants and all the sporting facilities you could wish for. As I said on my previous review in March, the all-inclusive option is fabulous, especially since you get the choice of several different restaurants, so there is something for everyone. The hotel gives you details on arrival of what is not included in the all-inclusive and really there is very little that is excluded. If you are in doubt, then just ask. The wine options are fabulous (both the white and red French Sabourin are lovely), the Gin on the all-inclusive is Bombay Sapphire, so need I say more! If you are used to staying in 7 star and paying 7 star prices then you might be disappointed, but you can get first class fillet steak (I think they called it Beef Tenderloin) at both La Traviata and Shooters on the all-inclusive, along with Jumbo Prawns and other delicacies. Lobster and Champagne is extra, but very little else.

The only very slight disappointment on this stay was that due to the refurbishments, I couldn't go for my normal regular walks up and down the fabulous beach there, as only part of it was open. However, the hotel more than compensated for this, by crediting each guest with 120 Dirhams (approximately £20) per day, towards extras. We used some of this to have a Thai massage in the Spa, which was an amazing experience and thoroughly recommended.

On this stay we found the Mushref Bar on the 7th Floor (I couldn't go there in March as I had my daughter with me), so we went there most nights after dinner to listen to the live entertainment, which was very good and alternated between two different bands. The staff up there, Sumil, Mary, Shajan and Denis, were all excellent. Denis had also looked after us really well in March at the Pool Bar, so it was great to see him again.

Captain's on the beach was wonderful again for lunch. The staff there are all very friendly, work very hard and there is a good range of food on offer. Akhil remembered me from March without prompting and so he gets the special mention, but really, all the staff there are great and there are too many to remember everyone's names.

Without exception, all the staff here I have met are so friendly. Georgina once again looked after us very well with purchases from the hotel shop and other enquiries. Poojary looked after us at the Pool and made sure we had sufficient shade when we needed it. Last but not least, special mention must go to Timothy on the front door, who is an absolute star.

I didn't spend so much time in the Ibn Majed this holiday, but was delighted to meet up with Sabreena again and Jake the Manager, who looked after us so well in March.

All in all, this was a truly fantastic holiday and I will definitely be back again soon, as my husband has missed out on the last two trips there! Unfortunately on this trip, we left just before the whole hotel reopened, so we will definitely have to come back to see it all now it is finished.

In a nutshell, here are some of the important things a traveller needs to know about the hotel:-

Pool towels are provided (on your way out of the lower ground floor to the pool area);
The plug sockets are the same as in the UK, so no need to take an adapter if travelling from the UK:
Tea and Coffee are provided in the rooms:
Toiletries are provided in the rooms - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, cotton buds, nail files, etc
The rooms have minibars but the contents are not included in the all-inclusive price
An English speaking newspaper can be delivered daily to your room free of charge.

If you are looking for a first class hotel with extensive facilities, but a friendly and personal touch then look no further. You can relax here from the moment you walk through the door.

Thanks again to everyone at the hotel and we can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Some of them are not particularly spacious, but they all have plenty of dra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear anothergoodone,

I would firstly like to thank you for your very detailed feedback from your stay! As a loyal and regular guest to the hotel, I was pleased to read that you had an amazing time with us, and that you found the All Inclusive to be very good value for money.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, the spa, the accommodation, as well as the quality of food and service that you have received in all our restaurants and bars.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments and praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked the Jebel Ali resort for our first trip to Dubai, last winter and we had such a lovely holiday that we've booked again this year. We arrived first thing in the morning, due to our flights, but were allocated our room straight away, and given a really friendly welcome. The rooms are not large, but are fresh and modern, and the housekeeping was excellent. We ate in most of the hotels restaurants, most notable were the chinese and diwaz, the dining boat, which was a nice change. Whilst we were there it was the national holiday and the hotel had put on a special themed evening with entertainment, which was the best night! All of the food throughout our stay was lovely and could not be faulted, with a wide range of choice and nicely presented. To say the hotel was busy due to the national holiday we found it to still be quiet and relaxing, and the staff very attentive. We used the shuttle bus to take us to the malls, and visited many of the sights, and did not find the hotels location an issue. We had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Dawn1405,

As a returning guest to the hoteI, it was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, and the quality of the food across all the restaurants, as well as your praise for the associates which you have kindly mentioned were very attentive.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Where do I start, My wife booked Dubai for my 40th birthday. We have never been to Dubai before neither had we been all inclusive. My wife was a little concerned about the building work going on back in September and how far the hotel was out of the way from the town. We normally go to Florida every year and stay on exclusive complexes. So what did we do, compare everything to the, USA Well let’s say the Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa will hopefully be our new destination every year. The staffs were brilliant, the rooms were excellent, and the food was out of this world. We had problems with British airways cancelling our flights and couldn’t fly us out until the following day. The hotel was fully booked but the manager and staff went out of their way to accommodate us for an extra night. After our extra night stay BA forgot to send our transport transfer to the hotel to pick us up and take us to the airport. Yet again the manager was on the phone and arranged private transportation for us in minutes. I cannot recommend this resort enough. When you leave this holiday resort it’s like walking away from some great friends. A big thank you to all staff for making my 40th a birthday to remember.heaven

Room Tip: Facing the beach3rd floor or the 5th floor of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DrscottBennett,

It was great to read that you had a perfect holiday with us celebrating your 40th birthday, and it was a pleasure reading your compliments regarding the resort and its facilities.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding my associates who looked after you during your stay with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went here in September, had a great time. Staff very friendly. Food and restaurants are first class with lots of choice. Defiantly go all inclusive, cocktails are about ten pounds each and most things are included!

Room Tip: We had a garden view which also looked over the marina. This is the cheapest option. The fifth floor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear trish f,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay on the All Inclusive package, and that you felt that the food was first class. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the associates who looked after you during your stay, which you have kindly mentioned were very friendly.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!