“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #40 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
North East
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just returned from our 3rd trip to Dubai staying in the Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and, as anticipated, it was just wonderful. We didn't think it could get any better but the refurbs have only made it perfect. The staff are the main reason that this hotel is so fantastic. Special mention must be made to Mary (White Orchid), Shantha (pool bar) and Minn Latt, (Manager in La Fontana). Nightly entertainment provided by Therese and accompanying pianist is second to none. We will be there again asap. Many thanks JA for a fantastic week.
Geoff and Christine Richardson

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear theduchessNorthEast,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

As a returning guest to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read your review and I was pleased to read that once again you had a very enjoyable stay.

I was happy that read your feedback regarding our newly refurbished Palm Tree Court rooms. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the service that you received, as well as the evening entertainment and your praise for the associates. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my eighth time in Dubai and by far my worst experience. On arrival the look and cleanliness did not live up to my expectations. The hotel in my opinion was dated and compared to other 5 stars I have stayed was not even compareable. My first bad experience started with check in. The lady who was supposedly 'checking us in' barely spoke a word of English and gave us incorrect information with regards to where we could eat at lunch on our all inclusive package. According to her it was only at the Palm Tree Court which we later found out to be incorrect. We arrived at 9am to be told our rooms would not be ready until 3pm! The staff were not at all apologetic and the only excuse was 'we are a busy hotel'. As a couple in the group had a 4 month old baby this was not acceptable. All in all check in was around 45 minutes. Not a service I would expect for a 5 star hotel.
When we finally got given our rooms I found the room to reek of smoke and being a non smoker this was not a pleasurable smell! Generally the room was very basic and you could tell they had rushed the cleaning as I found it to be rather dusty. I lifted up the toilet roll from the handle and underneath it seemed as though it had not been cleaned in months. The shower which was in the bath was not up to scratch. The grouting around the tiles needed a thorough scrub, I could scratch the dirt off with my nails. The room was no way a 5 star, I would give it a 3 at a push.
The couple with the small baby received a travel cot which had to be sent back due the cleanliness of it. It should have been thrown on the scrap heap, not given for a tiny baby to sleep in!
My first experience around the pool with the blue sunbeds I found to be generally dirty with greenish water in the very shallow part. This is not a clean pool and had I had my own children there I would not have let them go in. It definitely was in need of a deep clean. The sun beds around the pool and beach you have to be careful about choosing as a hell of a lot of them have bird poo on them.
I found the cleanest place to be was on the beach but the only downfall with that is in 5 hours not once did any waiter come and ask if I wanted a drink. Be prepared to keep going to the bar for drinks - a bad service, the worst I have experienced in the usually fabulous service of Dubai standards.
On babysitting the small baby for two hours I decided to take her to the beach and keep her cool under an umbrella in the shade. Whilst struggling to get the pushchair on the beach and then finding an umbrella to put next to our beds not once did any of the staff come over and help. I ended up digging the umbrella in the sand myself.
At breakfast we were sat at tables very quickly and the staff seemed to be friendly but all in all the food was okay.
There are a few restaurants to choose from with the all inclusive package, Italian, Thai (which I will go into later), buffet. I decided to try out the buffet one evening which had a Spanish themed night. I have a nut allergy so I asked a chef to tell me what dishes had nuts in them. He went away and came back with the head chef who was the rudest chef I have ever come across. Again I asked him to advise me which dishes had nuts in them and he said "all of them, don't come to this restaurant if you have a nut allergy". A bit flabbergasted I asked him to confirm there was not one dish out of about 15 that I could eat. He again said "don't come in here if you have a nut allergy!" I have been to plenty of buffet style restaurants in my 32 years and not once have a ever been told I couldn't eat in there. Nut allergies are not an uncommon thing these days! A previous stay at the Atlantis in Dubai in which I asked the chef what dishes contained nuts, he went around a put a sign up on every dish that I could not eat and there were plenty that I could. The Chef I experienced at the Jebel Ali buffet was just down right rude.
A couple of nights later I decided to try the buffet again and put my previous visit down to a bad experience. This night was a different theme. As soon as I walked in a waiter clocked me and sent for the head chef. He came over to me and to my utter discust repeated to me "don't come in here if you have nut allergy." SHOCKING!!!!!!!! 5 star service I think not!
My next bad experience was another shocker. After reading in the room that if you want to go anywhere outside of the resort to book a taxi in plenty of time. We wanted to take a trip to the Karama district so the previous evening we booked a taxi for 6pm for the following evening, 24 hours in advance. At 6pm we waited outside for our taxi to come, we asked if it was on its way to be told it wasn't coming until 6.45. Whilst waiting another lady came out who was experiencing the same problem. This was obviously a re occurrence at this resort. The lady asked to see the hotel manager. After about 10 minutes two came out. We all explained our situation and all they could advise us was "it's out of our control". Not an apology just excuse after excuse. I asked him why it was late and he said that I should have booked it earlier! Is 24 HOURS not long enough?RIDICULOUS! Yet more rude staff at the Jebal Ali and in my opinion two very incompetent managers. Not even an apology. Again 5 star service? Absolutely not. What were we to do when we needed a taxi to the airport at 5am? Would it turn up? Would we miss our flight? According to the hotel managers, they can't guarantee that your taxi would turn up! The only guaranteed option of getting to the airport on time was to book the hotels private cars where you pay double of what you would pay a Dubai taxi.
My last bad experience was a very disappointing one indeed. On our last night we decided to go to the White Orchid which is a Thai restaurant. As a lover of Thai food I was looking forward to this visit. On arrival the restaurant was very modern, clean and had a nice atmosphere. Obviously having the nut allergy I asked the waiter to advise me what on the menu contained nuts. He went away to speak to the chef and came back and told me that EVERYTHING on the menu had nuts in except the Edamame beans! I asked him to ask again and he said the reason for this is because they cook everything in the same wok. I asked him politely maybe they could cook mine in a seperate wok to everyone else's. He went away again to speak to the chef. He then advised me I could have the sweet and sour chicken but my meal would take a lot longer as he would have to wash the wok before cooking my meal. The waiter seemed agitated with having to deal with my situation and even huffed at one point. Again, more rude staff! After all the commotion my meal came out first! Not the best Thai I had ever had. I had previously been to a Thai restaurant at The Madinat where on telling them I had a nut allergy not one person made an issue out of it and there was not one problem with me eating there and the food was to die for. Why can other resorts in Duabi cater for people with allergies and the Jebel Ali resort have such a problem with it?
On our last day we got given a bill through our door with charges for drinks around the pool and the mini bar. Being all inclusive we obviously did not expect this and not once did we take anything out of the mini bar. I took my bill to reception and explained there must be some kind of error. The receptionist dealing with the issue took off the poolside drinks and printed out another bill asking me to sign. It still had the mini bar charges on so I asked him "what exactly am I signing for?" He told me to write on the bill "I have not had any items out of the mini bar." Why exactly I had to do this I do not understand, it all seemed a bit backwards. Not once did the receptionist apologise for their error and I was made to feel as though I was lying and had taken something out of the mini bar when I can assure you I never once even opened the door!
I have previously stayed at The Madinat, Dar Al Masyaf, The One and Only, The Grosvenor and The Atlantis where there is no such problem of the sort. Taxis are available 24/7, staff are polite, friendly and competent and service and cleanliness is fabulous. The Jebel Ali should in no way what so ever be classed as 5 star and I would advise against staying here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Kelly D,

It is with great disappointment that I read you review, which highlighted that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your stay.

I would like to sincerely apologise for any shortfall, and for me to take the necessary action for improvement. I would therefor invite you to contact me directly at the hotel on fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdviser.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 7 wonderful days at jebel Ali we stayed on an all inclusive basis a first for us in Dubai, the staff were all very nice with a special mention to the manager and staff in shooters who had my table waiting with wine chilling beside it.the food was of a very good standard with all drinks being branded as well .the hotel even left a birthday cake in my room on my birthday which to me shows attention to detail. The rooms were clean and tidy with the housekeeping staff at hand if you needed any extras.
The location is fine if like us it's not your first visit to Dubai as a trip to the gold souk could take quite sometime, but I can't fault the hotel for this, they do run a courtesy bus to some of the malls.
Overall I would give a mark of 9.5 out of 10 with the missing half point being that if you wanted to get out and about it could take some time but as I said this is not the fault of the hotel and staff who in my book score 10 out of 10

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark A,

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the shooters restaurant and quality of the food, as well as your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Rottingdean, Brighton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have just returned from the Jebel Ali or JA as they are now known, this being our 4th time in 15 months.
The welcome we received from everyone was just so warm and friendly.
The Palm Tree Court part of the hotel was just coming to the end of a massive extension and refurb which meant that, that part of the hotel was out of bounds.
Apart from not being able to do our usual walk in the mornings around Palm Tree Court and back along the beach, the work did not affect us at all. Amazingly, there was very little noise.
The Jebel Ali made a 'White Orchid' restaurant in the lobby area, which if you had never been to the hotel before you would not have known that it wasn't a restaurant.
There was also a new introduction in the way of entertainment. A trio from the Philippines, mother ,father and son, who had a huge repertoire of songs for all tastes. They encouraged requests and sang them very well. We were told that they will be the regular entertainment in the Anchor Bar in the evening during the season, which in our opinion will work very well.
Even with all the work going on, it didn't deter the 'heavy mob', the peacocks! They still wandered out around lunch time to see who they could persuade to part with their food!
We again had a wonderful relaxing time. Because part of the hotel being closed, we took a different direction for our walk and discovered the stables. Without exception, the stable staff were informative, friendly and happy to show us around. All of the animals are looked after incredibly well. From the smallest Shetland to the huge gentle giant white shire, to the camels, goats (who love banana skins) rabbits, chickens etc.
A huge thank you to, Chamilla, Solwyn and Mahesh at the Anchor Bar. Natalia and Sabreena at Ibn Majed, Jake in the Sports Bar (good luck), Caesar our room attendant, Martin and Krishna who looked after us on the beach and Husein who is in charge of the shisha which we haven't yet tried! Last but by no means least, everyone in La Traviata where we have enjoyed many good evenings.
We choose to use this hotel as somewhere to recharge our batteries. Read a book, do sudoku, eat great food complemented with top quality drinks.
If you are looking for something a bit more energetic, there's an 18 hole international standard golf course, horse riding and water sports plus a lot more. Complementary buses will take you into Dubai's city centre and bring you back. So, as I have said previously, there really is something for everyone........can't wait to our next 'chill out' trip and to see the finished re furbs.
We have given 5* for location as we prefer to be away from city centres. Dubai is about 40 minutes away by taxi or 1 hour by bus. A tip is to get the bus to the marina and then use the monorail or water taxis. Taxis are very cheap, clean and the drivers are very well presented.

Room Tip: We prefer room numbers from 45 upwards whichever floor, as they have a clearer view of the marina, b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hunter4a,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It was a pleasure to read your kind words about the resort, and I was so pleased to read what an enjoyable experience you had with us.

I was extremely happy that you enjoyed the facilities that we have available, in particular the Stables, and the Golf Course. I would like to also thank you for your kind words regarding the associates who looked after you during your stay, and I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We have once played Golf here and once taken the Seaplane. Both times the artificial security and the mediocre service have led us to not consider this place for a future stay. If you have any stay or business you want to attend to in Dubai this is not a viable option since waiting times for transportation are over two hours in both occasions and the service staff proves to be aware but not willing to help. Once a leading hotel of the world has turned sour.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear martuetz,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent experience at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was extremely disappointed to read that you felt that the service level that you received from members of my team was not to your expectations. Your feedback is extremely important to us and allows us to continually improve our services, making any necessary improvements, and I would like to apologize if we fell short in any way.

I would therefore welcome the opportunity to obtain further information from yourself, if you could kindly contact me directly at generalmanager.jagrs@jaresorts.com

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and despite the above, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have just returned from a fabulous six night stay in Jebel Ali Hotel. Although we have been to the resort before, we previously stayed in the Palm Tree Court and Spa last year and we thought that was wonderful but the improvements brought about by the recent refurbishments have made this a destination capable of competing favourably with any other centre anywhere.
The new infinity pool on the beach is absolutely awsome, complete with its own bar and the Anchor Restaurant - supported by the superb staff which you will find everywhere in this resort. The new sunbeds are sculptured to give natural support and plenty of sunshades and awnings to protect from the heat (high 30s C all week !)
What makes this resort so different is the exceptional standards of food provided in the All Inclusive package - it is absolutely excellent - without exception. Furthermore all the drinks available are all branded, even the wine is of a very good quality
The White Orchid Restaurant and the Fontana have also enjoyed a complete refurbishment and they now provide facilities equal to the splendid food, with a wide choice of dishes and service synonymous with thesethe reputation these two restaurants have enjoyed for such a long time.La Traviata (Italian Restaurant) and the Ibn Majed (Buffet) have not benefitted from a refurb as yet but they still provide an extremely high standard of food and service
The rooms are very clean and well maintained if not luxurious, but have nice touches in as much as they have ample storage, bathrobes, slippers, high quality toiletries in the bathrooms, safe, tea/coffee making facilities, free wifi etc
No review would be complete without a comment upon the front of house services and guess what, absolutely fabulous, great staff who are both knowledgeable and friendly and only too happy to help you enjoy your holiday.
Well done Jebel Ali keep it up
In conclusion, despite the staff originating from some 43 different nations, they are friendly, eager to help and they all take a pride in their work for which I for one say a big thank you and keep up the good work

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear mikethetraveller11,

As a returning guest it was nice to read your review, and I was pleased that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. It was a pleasure to read that you had an amazing time, and also for your kind words about the restaurants, accommodation and the leisure facilities.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments for my associates who you felt were friendly and were always eager to help.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

dundee scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

we have just returned from the Jebel Ali hotel again this being our 6th time in this hotel. we had a leisure suite with a balcony which means you are able to sit outside your room and enjoy the sunshine etc. as usual the staff were very helpful and nothing is a problem to them. we had lovely meals in the Shooters and Divas boat restaurant. we also managed to get booked for the Orchid which was just newly opened. it was lovely and the service is first class. there has been a lot of changes this year all to the better and we just love our Dubai holiday. will definitely be going back next year.. anyone considering going to the hotel you must go all inclusive as drink is very expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ronnies40,

As a loyal guest to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read your review and I was extremely pleased that you once again had a very enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort; our facilities as well as your compliments for the associates who you felt were as always helpful.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the selection of restaurants available, along with the quality of the food and your recommendations for the All Inclusive Package.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!