“Another very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel

You added JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel to your Saves list
JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Exit 13, Mina Jebel Ali | PO Box 9255, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #43 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warwickshire
“Another very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was our third stay at this hotel and in many ways was like visiting an old friend!!
We last stayed here in 2008 and yes things are considerably more expensive. This though is more to do with less favourable exchange rates than anything else.
As previously we stayed on the 5th floor and had access to the Peacock lounge where the staff are outstanding! It is probably worth paying the premium for these rooms, however we did miss the complimentary pre-dinner drinks not available during Ramadan!
Tour companies should be more up front about about how Ramadan compromises what is normally on offer in Dubai hotels. I know that one does briefly refers to it.
That said though we had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
We ate mainly at Shooters, La Traviata and the Sports Bar and couldn't fault any of them.
This is an excellent hotel, underpinned by wonderful staff, well worth a visit if you want a quiet, relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Dubai.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear MBC09,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

As a returning guest to the resort, it is always a pleasure to read your feedback, and I was pleased to read again you had a very enjoyable vacation.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the resort, and in particular the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Nadherny hotel, troska dalej od centra, ktore je vsak lahko dostupne. Izby komfortne a ciste. Strava je fantasticka, v hotelovej restauracii tematicke kuchyne kazdy den, vdaka comu nehrozi jednotvarnost. Plaz je nadherna, v juli uplne prazdna, mala som pocit, ze som tam sama...horucavy su znesitelne a da sa na to zvyknut velmi rychlo. Snad sa sem este vratim, uzasna dovolenka pre kazdeho.

• Stayed July 2011
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel rooms are a bit small and it is not the most modern of buildings but the food and drinks are of the highest standard. I eat at a lot of restauratns and this gave the best UK restaurants a run for their money. Beware of vising during Ramadan-our holiday company assured us there would be no restrictions and guess what- there were! No alcohol between 8am and 8pm. This meant no poolside cocktails or bottle of wine with lunch which was a shame and also resulted in us eating later than we would have likedso we could have a pre-dinner drink etc. There is also no entertainment at the hotel during Ramadan which I was quite pleased about!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear Chris M,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, and in particular the food and beverage that you enjoyed.

During the holy month of Ramadan there are certain restrictions that we do need to follow, and I was sorry to read if this was not communicated to you by your agent.

southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have stayed at many hotels all over the world but this is one of the best!! In Dubai we have stayed at the Atlantis twice and Oasis Beach Towers, JBR once. The jebel is not as modern as the Atlantis or as spacious as the OBT but the hotel has a much nicer feel. the staff are friendly and bend over backwards to help you. You feel so relaxed and at home. My son became ill whilst there and the bar staff immediately called the nurse and before i knew it the manager was there also and a transfer to the hospital arranged! The beach is glorious (I don't rate the Atlantis beach at all) and the range of things to do at Jebel is fantastic. Very importantly, all inclusive means all inclusive at Jebel, unlike other hotels the items not included are obvious, bar staff tell you if you order non all inclusive so you an make your own decision and we did not end up with a massive bill at the end of the holiday - a first!!

the location is a bit further out but the water taxi was great fun and there is a free shuttle bus to the malls so no bother at all. Also it only costs 65 dhs to go to the mall of emirates so dead cheap.

My one very small niggle would be the kids club. Yes it is fab. yes the kids loved it. but disco night and dance night didn't really happen. the kids went expecting dark with flashing lights but it was lights on, business as normal. Also postcard making didn't happen. I would like to see the list of activities being adhered to.

However, this aside I would like to thank everyone for a great holiday and particulary Nada, the duty manager and all the guys at captains bar.

See you next March!!

Dear diane h,

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package, and the flexibility that it offers.

I was sorry to read that your son was taken ill during your vacation; however I was happy to read your praise for the team when dealing with the situation. I do hope that he has made a full recovery.

I would like to thank you for your feedback in relation to the kids club, which is appreciated to allow us to continually improve. I was however sorry to read that some of the activities were not to your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and all the associates who looked after you during your stay, some whom you have kindly mentioned personally.

Norfolk, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We are about to visit the Jebel Ali Hotel for the eighth time. We had made plans to holiday in Turkey in September this year but have just found out that our holiday was cancelled due to problems with the hotel. After very little consideration we have rebooked Jebel Ali for our holiday instead. We have already stayed twice this year, once in March & once in June and had not intended to return until late in 2012. However, after looking at alternative holidays for our September break we couldn't find anything that compared to Jebel Ali.

After booking it reminded us that we hadn't written a review following our June visit, therefore we felt the best way to do this was to attach a copy of the letter we sent to the Hotel General Manager showing our appreciation, details of this are below.
*****
I am writing on behalf of my wife and I to thank you for the wonderful holiday we had from 8th to 18th June.

Following our stay in March this year, there was communication with yourself and Luke Vanderstaay regarding a disappointing meal in La Traviata. This was our sixth visit and was the first time we have ever had a reason to complain about the usually excellent standard of service at Jebel Ali, it also left us a little anxious about our holiday in June. I am delighted to say that the service we received during our stay this time was fantastic in all areas.

I must also say a big thank you for the complimentary room upgrade, ensuring our room was ready on arrival and the complimentary dinner in La Traviata, all of which were not expected but very much appreciated.

You have some really great staff, both those that have been with you for some years and also some who are quite new to your team. Janaka (La Traviata) is a fantastic manager, always professional, very attentive and his new team are a credit to him. Poojary (beach) as always was excellent even remembering which sun beds we preferred. Udara (Anchor) was also fantastic; his friendliness and customer service standards are first class. Our room attendant Kumara was excellent, the room was always immaculately clean and he always worked around us with regard to a late turndown service. Although we didn’t use Ibn Majid for dinner, Sabreena & Michelle were always so welcoming and friendly each morning at breakfast. Mentions to new staff must also go to Yi Li and Nwe (White Orchid) both lovely ladies and very professional, Thapa (La Traviata) who provided great service and Aung Myo (La Traviatta and Anchor) he is so friendly and very keen to provide a great service.

For your information - we took dinner one evening at the Old Palace Hotel in town and although we couldn’t fault their service, it didn’t rate anywhere near as good as the friendliness and professional standard we received at Jebel Ali.

Thank you also for your kind invite to the cocktail party, we are sorry that we have never attended but we are usually still relaxing on the beach until very late afternoon and find it a little early.

My wife used to work for Marriott Hotels in the UK as a Hotel Manager and is very aware that people are always keen to complain but rarely write to compliment, therefore we felt it very important to put our thoughts in writing to you, our seventh visit was truly lovely and we will certainly be returning, we hope later in 2012.

Thank you once again for your hospitality and very best wishes

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear BKTB,

As a valued regular visitor to the resort, it is always a great pleasure to read your feedback, and I would like to thank you for your very detailed review, which was indeed a pleasure to read.

You have kindly mentioned many associates in detail and individually for the levels of service that they provided you with. I do truly appreciate your kind words, and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with them.

I look forward to hopefully meeting with you on your next visit, and to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

London Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

First of all I would like to say to anyone you picks fault in this Hotel to be Mad from the Food to the Drinks to the Service, its first class !!!
At the end of the day you get what you pay for, which is first class services, first class food , top brand drinks to top brand Ice Cream.
We stayed for two weeks in a Family room ( Two Room ) the rooms are Nice the bed are good and let’s face it, you are only in your rooms to get ready and to sleep
The Hotel had three Pools which was clean , the beds was good and the service from the pool people was very good.
The Hotel had lots of places to eat, we never never had a bad meal from the main buffet to the Sports Bar to the Wild Orchid and Traviata, and Shooters
We were particularly pleased with the FOOD throughout our stay the best for us was the Traviata restaurants from the service to the drinks and food top notch having said that the Wild Orchid
Was really good as well,
Location, You know its 45 minutes from Dubai and its about £20 in a taxi so what , It’s the price you pay for a good Hotel, but the Hotel as a coach so if you don’t want to spend nothing you can do it.
But what makes this resort so special is the A/L Offer, it is so good and well worth it
O and before I forget the spa is very very good I had two massages for about 200d each which is about £34 pounds which is very very good for a 5 star Hotel,
plus it was one of the best back massages, so for someone to say the Spa it was not very good shame on you, it is really good value and very good service and professional people.
Big Thank you to Everyone at the Jebel Ali Hotel and Resort and I mean everyone,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear BigJanLondonEssex,

I was pleased to read that you were happy with the selection available on the All Inclusive Package, and your high praise for the food that you enjoyed is much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed for 9 days in Jebel Ali golf resort, and is truly a great resort.

Maybe it’s not a 5 star slick hotel, but it has a great feel, nice nature and plenty of things to do. It has 3 pools and a nice beach !.

The room is maybe the one downside small balcony and not very special but good enough for me, liked the bad and the beds are comfortable.

The breakfast is one of the best i have ever eaten, fruit, fresh made omelets, sausages, pancakes and waffles. Sabreena is there every morning nice girl very friendly and will remember you.

The absolute best about the resort is the staff they are so great, they will do anything for you. The airliner lost my suitcase so the concierges did everything they could to get the information i needed, they kept a log and did everything they could to help me ! Raveen is the best concierge ! He made a reservation for me at YAS Circuit and checked every day for me if formula rossa (rollercoaster) was running at Ferrari world. He is a great guy you can ask him anything.

The sportsbar is a great tip, they are opened till 23 hours but they will be open if there is any football game. Our first night at the resort we watched Barcelona - Real madrid till 3 a clock at night ! Ask cruz to make you a pinacolada not on the menu but he does a great one. The restaurant manager (panche) is a great guy ! nice to talk knows a lot about thing to do around Dubai.

The resort is about 25-35 minutes drive from Dubai keep that in mind but you get great nature and value back for that distance. We rented a car (Ford Mondeo)for 20 euro a day so that is a good option.

I will surely return !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear gt6210,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, the facilities available, and the breakfast which you found to be one of the best that you have had!

It was also a pleasure to read your feedback in relation to the associates who looked after you during your stay, in particular the ones who you have named personally, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Fredrik Reinisch

Been to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!