“Still very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 481 Hotels in Dubai
Brussels, Belgium
“Still very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was our fourth stay at this hotel. We should probably try another one, like the One and Only, but we are so pleased with the consistent quality that we take no risks and always go back. Service is very good; but one comment: the further you are on the beach towards the Burj, the least chance you have to be able to place orders.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Allow me to personally express my gratitude to your continuous loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah. It is very heartwarming to read comments like these from our valued guests, and in spite of numerous competitors we have, you still have chosen Mina A’ Salam.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have felt in the beach service. Rest assured that we already are in the process of improving that, and implementation are expected to take place as early as the first quarter of 2013. We will make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded in this regard and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in TripAdvisor.

Along with the rest of the team in Mina A’ Salam, I am looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Title says it all, staff very welcoming and friendly, management around on the shop floor everyday, which is great to see - all very helpful and helped make the stay more pleasurable. Housekeeping very friendly and efficient, always positive and engaging, shows they are happy in with their employees. Eating breakfast outside every morning and chilling on the beach was just what was needed to escape the British winter. Helps that they also have one of the best gyms I have ever used and very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Well done, will be back as soon as I can

Room Tip: Sea view, peaceful and stunning
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your holiday, and specifically for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues in Housekeeping and in the Gym. Indeed we pride ourselves in our colleagues’ dedication to ensuring all our valued guests are made to feel comfortable in their second home in Dubai.

I would also like to extend my sincerest thanks for your willingness to recommend Mina A’ Salam on TripAdvisor; it is very uplifting. This is a testimony to the world-class service Madinat Jumeirah is renowned for. I am very happy to read that you will be returning to stay with us again. I personally look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam in the very near future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The GOOD:
Excellent location. Great room - we had the Delux suite which had a panoramic view of the hotel, beach and ocean!
Great Food and entertainment. They have a special things happening all day Friday with singers, food and drink. Really fun.

We took the boat one night which took us around the area that is full with bars, restaurants and all kind of entertainment venues, It was beautiful!

SERVICE - excellent
BED - one of the best mattresses I have slept on and that includes great pillows, so kudos to that!
ROOM - great layout, comfortable.
The BEACH: The sand was nice and there is service on the beach that was great!
I just loved getting up in the morning and having my coffee on the little terrace.

The annoying:
Upon entering, it was so busy that we had to wait in line for 20 mins so that we can get up to the valet to park the car. At any time, that place was just extremely crowded! They tried their best to service us but it is impossible with so many people.

Inside the hotel - crowded at all times - and they have people standing at every single turn, in the middle, at the entrance, pretty much everywhere saying hello to you....ok, how many times can you say hello???

Make sure you find out that they serve the regular menu when you go to their restaurants to avoid going there and expecting fish and they have no fish because on that specific nigh they only have seafood. So just ask when you make a reservation.

THE OCEAN: This is probably the worst ocean water I have been in....very salty, and my hair did not look like anything after that - don't wet your hair - you will regret it.

the water in Dubai is generally bad for the hair, but I found after being in the ocean, my hair was like a straw.

Don't stay there if you are on business, the wait is actually quite annoying when you have to get to meetings.

Overall, I would stay here again, but only if I am on vacation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cambridge, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions and both times I have really enjoyed my stay .The hotel is in a great location with a very large private beach and excellent facilities. It offers dozens of restaurants, all the watersports , tennis courts, a huge gym and several outdoor and a four lane indoor pool.

The service is unobtrusive and friendly with all needs met quickly and efficiently. The executive club is particularly nice and relaxing .

If you have to pick a hotel in Dubai pick this one , you won't be disappointed it is Simply Wonderful !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that it was your second visit at Mina A’ Salam, and that you have really enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome a loyal guest such as yourself in our Hotel.

I am also pleased to read your comments about our services and facilities, as well as your enthusiasm towards your Executive Club experience. It seems that you take great care of your health, so on your return why not try our Low Oxygen Chamber at the health club- it replicates exercise at high mountainous altitudes and so exhilarates your fitness regime.

I appreciate your recommendation of Mina A’ Salam on TripAdvisor and for your positive rating of your experience and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in Mina A’ Salam for the third time and for more to come.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was the first time staying in this hotel,but for sure not the last one! Everything is well organized,high service level and enviroment help to feel absolutely relaxed. Away from noise of the city on the perfect beach,white sand and pure water,great view!!!! The location is very good: next to the sea,but at the same time not far from the malls.But actually it s not a problem at all,becuse there is shuttle to the malls. And the Sirius programm!!! Great idea!!! When we get enough points on our card we ll pay restaurants and staying in the hotel by these points!!!! Well done,guys!!! Thanks a lot!!! See you soon again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I am equally pleased to know that you have enjoyed your first stay with us and that you are already planning to return to Mina A’ Salam again soon.

Indeed we pride ourselves in our dedication to guest satisfaction. I am especially pleased that we have exceeded your expectations.

Our Sirius loyalty program is made to reward our loyal guests with the best things we can offer. I am pleased to welcome you in that program and looking forward for you to earn great points and enjoy the privilege it offers. We are looking forward in welcoming you back in Mina A’ Salam with that.

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have just revisited this property after four years and was extremely pleased finding out that they have maintained the excellent standards of service.
Moreover, this time I was accompanied by “the reason” I have stayed away for so long: my toddlers (2.5 years and 10 months) and I have discovered more reasons to come back: the place is absolutely fantastic for kids!
The way the rooms are thought of being easy to transform the side-by-side ones in handy family suites is clever. We had two rooms and all we had to do to transform them in a comfortable two bedroom suite was to close the entrance extra door (who knows the hotel knows what I mean. A superb facility! We have also gained a lobby to our suite.).
Everywhere one goes, whatever activity one undertakes, kids are not only welcomed but encouraged and facilities are provided so that everyone has a great time: the kids, the parents and the other guests as well.
Sinbad club for kids is not just an odd room with few toys as in other places. It’s an institution. It’s a mini-water park that even my 10 month old found to her liking. Good job!
Apart for being a kids-friendly place, Madinat Jumeirah it’s a very attractive place for everyone else in the family: lots of choices for dining (Lebanese, Fish, Chinese, Spanish, Continental, Pub-style, Italian, South Pacific, you-name-it!) luxury, casual, lounge, any style one chooses one finds on the amazing grounds of this incredible complex.
One of the most interesting water parks I have ever seen, a close-to-perfect beach with good mat-side service, a huge pool, several family pools, indoor and outdoor lap pools, humongous and upscale gym, jogging trail, a lagoon complete with electric gondolas, a souk and the most incredible unobstructed view of the famed Burj Al Arab complete the offer of this amazing place.
We will, most definitely, be back!

Room Tip: if you are a family who needs two rooms ask for the side-by-side type and you can turn them into a t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent holiday with us after four long years. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed again your stay in Madinat Jumeirah.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service, most especially the accessibility of your room to your children as well as the range of facilities that we offer in our Sinbads Kids Club. As a resort, we pride ourselves to cater to all the needs of our guest regardless of number, gender or age. For it is a promise we’ve made to offer our guests a “Stay Different” experience, which will always be thoughtful, generous, imaginative and exhilarating. Your gracious comments will certainly serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am equally pleased that you and your family will definitely be back, we will be looking forward to that visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was our fourth time in this hotel.
We stayed here after we had made a cruise, which ended in Dubai.
It's really heaven on earth.
Our flight back to Netherlands was on 2.00 A.M. And the manager Mr. Ramsey gave us a late check-out until 8.00 P.M
He even sent a bottle of wine and chocolats and Fresh fruits to our room.
Dining choises are plenty. We tried only signiature restaurants of the Jumeirah Group around us. (Madinat, Beach, and Burj) and every evening was a feast for our senses.

Room Tip: Take an oceanview room. It is the extra costs worth
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for your loyalty in Mina A’ Salam. We immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back. I am delighted to read that you continue to choose our Hotel over the many options available in Dubai. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded from your arrival, colleagues courtesy and recognizing our valued guests. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts especially Ramsey who will be equally be pleased to hear from your kind review.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for the 5th time back in Mina A’ Salam and in Dubai

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!