“Very, very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very, very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A very nice experience indeed! The best, most attentive service I have ever experienced in any hotel. Every employee made an effort to make guests really feel at home. And the surprise was that everyone of them spoke good English! I don't know how many times the room was done but eveytime I left and came back there were clean towels and fresh fruit! The resort is huge and there are lots of things to do and see if you have the time which on this trip was not the case. But what I saw really impressed me and made me want to go back for more.

Room Tip: My room faced the water, with a great view of the Burj Al Arab. I would definetly stay in the same s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is impressive on so many fronts - mind-blowing resort, large & comfortable rooms and a seemingly endless range of in-house dining choices. If it delivered as promised, the arguably steep prices would be unquestionably justified.

Our two night stay was marred by several annoying shortfalls in service:
# dinner on the first night saw wine ordered but not delivered until chased up 15 minutes later. The bottle of red somehow arrives as a single glass. When finally corrected, the wine is charged as 5 individual glasses rather than at the cheaper full bottle price
# having been told the previous evening that breakfast is available until 11.30am, we arrived at breakfast at 10.25 to be advised that breakfast ends at 10.30 on Fridays. What was anticipated as a relaxing graze through the extensive buffet became a desperate 10 minute dash to capture something to eat as staff rapidly and noisily dismantled the buffet around us.
# a quick mid-afternoon bite to eat in the foyer failed to eventuate. Waiting to be picked up for a group tour, we were assured by staff we could get a light meal (a simple wrap) within the 20 minutes we had available. 15 minutes later the food was still nowhere to be seen so we requested it be be delivered as takeaway. At the end of the 20 minutes still no food and our tour pick-up had arrived. The dash the door to meet our awaiting tour group was then frustrated for almost 5 minutes as staff fluffed around adjusting the bill to remove charges for the undelivered food.
# an early morning flight out of Dubai sees us leaving the hotel before the breakfast buffet opened. While it was agreed that we would be offered a room service breakfast in lieu of the buffet included in our room charge, the in-room meal was limited to a continental breakfast. We are paying almost $1,000/night for the room and they quibble over a difference of $10/head?

Iron out the service and a return visit would be a certainty. As it is, we will seek out other options next time we pass through Dubai.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Greetings from Madinat Jumeirah and thank you for staying with us recently. The team and I are grateful to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for your efforts into posting this review, our guests' perspective is very important to us and we have taken your remarks on board.
An investigation has been conducted; there were areas of operations where we may have failed to live up to the brand's renowned high standards and which subsequently translated into not meeting both yours, as well as our own expectations.

I have personally discussed the points you have raised in your review with the rest of our management team to ensure that appropriate remedies are put in place to prevent similar lapses from occurring again.

In renewing our most sincere apologies, I hope that this one stay will not mark your perception of Madinat Jumeirah as a whole, and that you may give us the privilege to welcome you back to one of our many resorts in the future.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The sweeping entrance to the hotel leads to a hotel that is comfortable with understated luxury and incomparable courtesey and gentleness from the staff. Our room had a beautiful view over the ocean in front of which is a soft sandy beach. This is a resort to compare with tropical island like Bali. The Mina seems small and intimate but it is part of a big resort with other hotels in a huge integrated facility joined by a system of boats. The convention centre is 2 minutes from the hotel. Very highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for recommending our Resort. Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments with regards to the staff courtesy, the resort facilities, Abra offerings and our conference centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Mina A’ Salam in the near future.

Richmond ,VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just returned from our 5th stay at Mina . The reason we have a big crush on this property is -the people difference ! My girl and me were shocked by the new employee faces , shameful that they have no clues of our preference ,our habbit and our lifestyle . We are used to the delighted accompanies in the Lounges -especailly Sri and one guy speaks perfect American English but looks like GoK Won-Ray ! Everytime we untilized breakfast -we were always annoyed by the new guys" May I have your room number plz or what is your last name ? " Instead ,they old guys always brought my preferred newspapers on the talbe during our 4 times stay before ,what is the value for me paying extra dollars to buy the prelivages ? We miss their smile ,greetings , personal touches and wonderful outcome of services which originated from thorough training .
Gesus , how could let such gracious people go ?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love visiting Dubai and this hotel especially. First went there for my surprise special birthday 6 years ago and fell in love with it. It is large but the staff make you feel so welcome. Excellent quality all around the hotel, from foyer to pools and bedrooms. The staff are amazing and can't do enough for you. The beach is pristine and it is so luxurious to be taken to a beach lounger and have a member of staff lay out the towels and bring you buckets of ice for drinks. Fantastic service all around.

Buffet restaurant is very good for breakfast etc. but we preferred to visit the other fine restaurants situated either at Mina a Salam or Al Qasr or Jumeirah Beach. We were lucky enough to have half board included in our holiday cost which saved a huge amount of money.

The humidity is quite something in July/August and the sea is far too hot to swim in til just before dusk so would like to go at a different time to year.

Can't say enough about this beautiful hotel and would go every year if money were no object!

Fantastic!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay. We immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back after 6 years.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to our colleagues, service around the pool & beach area, breakfast experience are highly appreciated.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back in Dubai and in Mina A’ Salam in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This delightful resort was a pleasure to stay in! The Abrabian Style throughout was beautiful and unlike anywhere else I have ever stayed. A very friendly staff member showed us to our room and went through where everything was and how to use the facilities. The room was luxurious with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was devine with an amazing large bath with silky bath crystals and lovely smelling bubble bath.
The view from the balcony was breath taking. The facilities that the resort are extensive.
They have a beautiful private beach with massage huts. The massage therapist was so nice and what a relaxing massage!
The food in the restaurant's we dined in were delicious as was the room service and the service was exceptional from one of the waiters that went out of his way to make me an Australian drink that he didn't know the recipe for.
I did find one of the male staff members a little rude when I asked him a question about times for the shuttle bus he would not look at me or even answer me. When my husband was there the second time he turned his back to me and answered him the question I asked him.
Other than that the resort was one of the best I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: I had a view of the beach and Burj al Arab and I thought the room was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Mina A’ Salam. It is very pleasing to read how much you enjoy your time with us and thank you for acknowledging our commitment to our high standards – I know our colleagues are equally delighted to read of your glowing feedback.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Mina A’ Salam during your next visit.

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough about the Mina would happily come back the food was outstanding and the staff were polished and friendly without being overly so. For our next trip out we will try the Al Qasr as we spent a lot of time in the pool area and it was great as was the kids club the lobby is stunning and possibly the best I've seen. Sumptuous comes to mind. Stay and enjoy !

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service especially our culinary offerings. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in our Resort in the near future.
Yours Sincerely

Hotel Manager

Been to Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah? Share your experiences!