This was our third time staying in a Jumeirah resort hotel. We have been very fortunate to stay in many five star resorts and therefore perhaps our expectations were higher and we were left somewhat disappointed from our stay at JBH. On the positive side, it has a fantastic family pool and beach area and the kids club is one of the best we have seen. Breakfast in Latitude was brilliant, such a huge choice and the family seating area is very welcome with an active toddler. Veranda is also a great restaurant with a good kids menu that can be ordered at the pool/beach. The waiting staff at both Latitude and Veranda were excellent and provided such fantastic service. We stayed in a deluxe room which is one of the older (non-refurbished) rooms on the 9th floor. It was a decent size and we could easily fit a cot and buggy into the room with plenty of space for our toddler to run around. The hotel also has an on call doctor service which we had to use. It was very efficient and we were able to see a doctor within a few hours and the on-site pharmacy makes it very convenient. We did not upgrade to the executive or premier club packages and were glad that we didn’t as the executive pool was far busier than the main pool or family pool. The hotel also has a buggy service to the other madinat hotels and the souk which is nice and provides some variety without having to leave the hotel in the evening. There is no actual buggy stop from the souk back to the hotel however so you have to flag down a buggy and tend to have to wait a while before one comes. Given how busy the souk gets, I think a manned buggy stop would be useful for a few hours in the evening.
Now for the negatives…JBH claims to be a family hotel and during daylight hours, I would say it is. However, in the evenings and on Friday brunch time, it attracts a non-family crowd with its night club and unlimited alcohol brunch on Fridays. In addition, the hotel has an entertaining area next to the pools which are used for private parties in the evening. What this meant for us was 4 of the 6 nights of our stay were disturbed with loud music which we could clearly hear in our room on the 9th floor until around 11pm - midnight (we were able to sing along to the song, that’s how loud it was!) and worst of all, drunk people in the room next to ours. One night, there was very loud shouting and throwing of items in the room next to ours at around 2am. When my husband complained to reception, nothing was done about it, not even an apology. The next night, a couple of drunk people again who were shouting etc. This time reception took some notice and it sounded as if the guests were asked to leave at around 4-5am. Again, no apology or recompense from reception staff whatsoever…very very poor for what claims to be a five star family resort. All this would not have been so bad if it wasn’t for our toddler in the room and being disturbed each night, unacceptable. This brings me to my other negative…the front reception staff were the worst we have experienced. Two of the women we spoke to could not understand English and had to call another colleague to deal with us and as mentioned above, no apology when we complained about the noise in the room next to ours. It got to the point that we avoided speaking to reception staff altogether.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Dubai despite the disturbances at night however it was not as restful as we would have liked as a result. On reflection, we will not be returning to JBH as whilst it does have good facilities for families, it was just not a truly family resort and there are so many other resorts in Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaview, the latest technology and free wireless internet.Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. The Pavilion Sports Club with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, PADI dive centre, climbing wall and Spa offers a gregarious experience. 5 sensual signature restaurants, a casual dining selection and 3 stylish bars are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Jumeirah International, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah