“Gala Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Jumeirah Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   6 Jumeirah Beach Road | PO Box 11416, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Jumeirah Summer Flavours
Ranked #16 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gala Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The dining and entertainments were terrific and the service impeccable. Our dinner was amazing and the venue brilliant when we arrived with lights sparkling everywhere. All facilities were exceptionally good so we had an absolutely wonderful evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was a nice week end with all family memebers and frriends where we enjoyed
the food, the facilities as well as the quality od Service.

I would recommend this hotel as small break to relax and enjoy with the family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012

Ayr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked the hotel on a special offer half board basis, was a little concerned that there would be limits on what and where we could eat, but, this turned out to be a fantastic package. Best breakfast buffet I have ever seen plus you could have your 'other meal' as lunch or dinner with a choice of all the available restruants and anything from their menus. The option of lunch or dinner provided unexpected flexibility for us to explore Dubai by night. Enough has been said by others on the great rooms, views, beach and generally great facilities including access to the water park next door. Great experience

Room Tip: Upgrade to Exec floor appears expensive, however, if you plan on drinking (alcohol) a lot, the bar h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you loved our breakfast buffet and half board package, which we have developed to enhance the Food and Beverage experience of our guests.

Abu Dhabi, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went to the Al Jarreau concert a few nights ago, with my husband. The concert was staged in a lovely setting, on the lawn overlooking the Burj Al Arab. I had looked before, and there was to be food available in the concert area. Unfortunately, when we arrived, it was obvious that I couldn’t eat any of it, as I have to eat gluten-free. I mentioned this to a female member of the staff, who I think was a manager, who was standing by the cashier. This was just for her information, really. She was amazing – she said “give me ten minutes and I’ll have sorted something out...”. I came back to her 10 minutes later and was given Singapore rice noodles, instead of the pasta noodles other people were having – it meant I could eat the same as my husband, and everyone else... She made no fuss, no big deal about it, and was therefore very efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

I am also delighted to learn that all your preferences were met during your visit. We put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences. I have shared you kind comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I booked a room first at Dar Al Masyaf/Madinat Jumeirah and then Jumeirah beach hotel through Skywards website.

When I arrived they could not find my booking. I showed them my reservation confirmation.
Then they refused to include breakfast ( although it was included in my reservation as well as lunch or dinner ). Then they refused to include lunch/or dinner.

They gave me the bill with the wrong rate. After it was fixed they made more mistakes in the bill.
FInally, they fixed it. I spent hours discussing it.

When I moved from Dar Al Masyaf to Jumeirah Beach hotel, the same thing happened. And I spent hours discussing it as well

The hotels are nice, but the reservation system is a complete mess and I spent too much time discussing all this.

I do not want to book here again. Its not acceptable for a five star hotel

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. Your comments with regards to reservation and reception experience have been noted and passed on the concern managers to look into the matter, At the same time may I also request you to provide us some more details or contact us directly so that our team can do further investigation for the shortfall. I would like to pledge to you that it is certainly never our intend to disappoint our guests, or provide anything else than the memorable experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We have recently returned from spending a week at this lovely family orientated hotel. On arrival we were greeted warmly and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready, as we had expected to have a delay due to arriving first thing in the morning. We were given a newly refurbished room on the 12th floor and although it was near the lifts we were not disturbed at all by any noise. The room was large enough despite my teenage son using the sofa bed. The bathroom was lovely and we found it especially useful having 2 sinks. One snag though was that the shower let water leak under the shower door into the main bathroom - not a very good design! The electronic control panel did take some getting used to but we did find it lovely to be able to open the curtains automatically from our bed in the mornings to fantastic views. The main bed was lovely and comfortable but the sofa bed does have a very thin mattress which my son said was only ok!

We were on a half board option which we found was very good value as food and drinks are very expensive. All the restaurants we tried were excellent with lovely food and good service. We especially liked being able to try the restaurants in the sister Hotel Madinat and using the boat taxis to get around. The Arboretum in the Hotel Madinat has a fantastic setting and the buffet style food is excellent as it gives you the chance to have small portions to try new things. We also loved the Thai evening held at Beachcombers. The 360 bar at the end of the harbour arm is definitely worth a visit as the views at sunset are lovely. However we were disappointed with the Uptown bar on the 24th floor as it was more expensive and the views less impressive.

The swimming pools and beach facilities were excellent and we were very impressed with the number of lifeguards on duty. It was a lovely touch having iced lollies brought around! Wild Wadi waterpark is definitely worth a visit and our son found it great to be able to just go for a few hours if he wanted to. Towels are provided and lockers are available at extra cost if wanted. The park operates a cashless system where you can charge things to your room which we found very useful.

The location of this hotel is excellent not only for the beach but also for visiting other parts of the city. Taxis were plentiful and easy to use.

All in all a great holiday and we would definitely return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Ice lollies, water spray and evening turn down amenities are some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the overall experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am delighted to learn that you found these gestures very impressive. I am also happy to hear that you were happy with our swimming pool and beach facilities and you were impressed with the number of lifeguards on duty. Your comment with regards to the bathroom experience has been noted and passed on to the Technical Service team to look into the matter so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Beirut, Lebanon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I checked in at this hotel on December 10th for three nights to attend a business function. Although all needed details were communicated to the hotel reservations section at least one week ahead of time; nevertheless, it still took the receptionist around an hour to provide me with an appropriate room!
My impressions are in brief that this old hotel was probably a landmark at one time but the dedication of the cleaning and room service staff are what is still keeping the stars of this hotel polished.
I sincerely recommend that you check other hotels in the vicinity before you reserve at this hotel.

Room Tip: A/C unit noise was unacceptable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on tripadvisor.

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. I would like to pledge to you that it is certainly never our intend to disappoint our guests than the wonderful memories. Your comment with regards to arrival experience has been noted and passed on to the concern manager to look into the matter and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Mahmoud Sakr

Been to Jumeirah Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!