“Expect the very best.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah

Save Saved
You added Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to your Saves list
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Burj Al Arab | P.O. Box 74147, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #11 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Expect the very best.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

It's all been said before but from the moment you are greeted to the moment you leave you are treated like Royalty. The staff cant do enough for you. Service was perfect. We are a family of seasoned travellers and have stayed in numerous high end properties over the years. This was our first stay but it will not be our last.
The duplex suites are huge with every possible amenity you could ever want. The butler will be there as often or as little as you wish. The Hermes toilettries are worth a fortune by themselves. Two bars in your room - one upstairs and one down. Complementary wine on arrival, Arabic sweets and daily fruit are supplied.The staff treated the children especially well with their own child size dressing gowns, slippers and a bath toys. After first arriving we were taken on a tour of the hotel. Restaurants were described in great detail, including how suitable each one was for us with two children. When we were shown around the pool area the kids didn't have their swimming costumes with them (they were back in the room) but they really wanted a swim so the Butler went back upstairs to get them for us! Every member of staff greeted us and we were offered countless treats whilst on the tour.
The lobby bar area was elegant with music being played from a Grand piano. We enjoyed fabulous drinks with a wonderful view that overlooks The Jumeriah Beach Hotel.
The decor is incredibly opulent with golds, reds and purples being a common theme. Some have said that this is too over-the-top but it's exactly what we expect and want to see from such a property.
Yes, this is an expensive hotel, but when you take into account the size of the rooms, the toilettries, the little extras, the most exceptional service levels, we left feeling like we'd had exceptional value for money.
We did not want to leave and plan to return either later this year or next.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1,786 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I watched the National Geographic documentary on the making of the Burj Al Arab and never thought it would live up to me expectations... but it blew them out the water. This is by far the most opulent hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The service is impeccable, the interior detailing transcendent and the food decadent.
The wallet could only handle one night, but it was well worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

i liked every thing about this play 7 stars 24 hr butler & maid service the rooms the amazing breakfast choice

Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When the Rolls pulled up at entrance and I exited with my roses ( a gift when car picked me up) I knew my decision to indulge myself was worth it. I was meet by my lady hostess who escorted me into the foyer, where I was given a cool towel, a date and a small cup of Arabic coffee. We then ascended on escalators to lift where we entered and on exiting proceeded down hall to be meet by my butler and escorted to my suite. On arrival there I was booked into the Burg in my office while I sat. As you come through the door it is once again confirmed this is no ordinary hotel, sweeping stairwells lead to the second floor, and in front of you is an enormous living area. However what made this a wonderful experience was the staff they where outstanding and a credit to whoever employees them. The surrounding where opulent, the food great, I left laden with gifts which my butler insisted where mine to take. Usually I refuse to use any thing that comes branded, but my gift of beach bag tastefully displaying The Burg Al Arab name and Logo is used with pleasure and has been a life saver as I travel. Yes it is expensive, but for that once in a life memory, I say hang the expense and go for it..I invited friends to join me for dinner nothing like sharing to make things better, as we left dining room we all received a huge bunch of roses..not sure if this was special but sure made us feel that way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 12, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your arrival experience, the ambience inside your suite and our in-suite amenities. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed your culinary experience and that the level of service provided by our colleagues was up to your expectations.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This has got to be experienced - the other reviews make excellent attempts, but nothing compares with stepping into the lobby and then stepping into your suite and thinking - "Hey, this is bigger than my condo!" Be sure to have an overpriced drink at the rooftop bar, dinner on the beach and breakfast on the patio. Wonderful lifelong memories!!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad one in sight - just enjoy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall experience with us highlighting the ambiance inside the hotel and your suite.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always wanted to stay here but I just couldn't justify the price tag, so when I was going back to Dubai I said let's do it, only there for two days . Boy oh boy, not worth the price tag. You have so many great places to stay at half the price with the same service or better. The places looks like a cruise ship or something out of Vegas , funny, nothing elegant about this place. The services is good , food is ok , and rooms have my grandmother's eye. 4 star for sure bordering on 5 but with those prices you better have things right. It seems that most of the staff are clueless about their own hotel. I just expect so much more, I left very disappointed!! maybe it was because I didn't have my wife with me to laugh at everybody who believe this place is one of the best of the best, bull al arab. Lol

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not much to say, apart from:

No toiletries in bathroom
After 3 requests to butler still no toiletries
Lost our luggage
From 5 unti 8 pm trying to trace luggage
Lied to during those 3 hours - being told its on its way etc.
Unable to go out to dinner as a result
No shower - no clothes

Nice room but that was about it.

Management did apologise but the moment had long since gone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall feedback regarding the delays in delivering your requests that took place prior or after checking in with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same.

Allow me please to highlight some points with regards to your short stay with us as Madinat Jumeirah management arranged your stay in Burj Al Arab in order to avoid the inconvenience of being overbooked. From our end we were doing our best to follow up on your luggage delivery to Burj Al Arab which eventually took One hour and fifteen minutes until it arrived. We also ensured that we provide you with full amenities which include our famous Hermès sets for him and her.

We truly apologize for any delays and any inconvenience caused that took place prior or after checking in with us and we thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Burj Al Arab

Been to Burj Al Arab Jumeirah? Share your experiences!