“A real treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah

You added Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to your Saves list
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Burj Al Arab | P.O. Box 74147, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Best of the Burj
Ranked #21 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My partner took me for a week for my birthday
Rooms ........ Need to be seen to believe, very Purple and gold and Hermes products provided daily. Bathroom fab. Rooms 2 storey loads of space
Service can not be faulted just spectactular. Butler service so unpacking , packing done for you
Pool area smaller than anticipated
Rolls Royce chauffeur transfer for too airport again amazing
However food and drink bill will amass afer a week so you need to try a few places outside hotel. This is easy as plenty of restaurants nearby

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Burj Al Arab. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to know that your birthday was a memorable one with us. And we are pleased to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your Rolls Royce transfer experience, your suite & in-suite amenities and the service provided by our colleagues.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Please note that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your feedback regarding the price factor, allow me please to highlight that we source high end products which unfortunately attract import fees and other expenses, and these factors do affect our price considerably.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future.

Burj Al Arab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

With all the hype over this '7 star' resort I was concerned we were paying for the 'brand' or simply 'reputation' but the whole experience was simply magic.

Beyond the amazing visuals that treat you with every look (both inside and out) there was the top shelf service.
The staff were great, they didn't seem to treat the people who saved up for a one night experience any different to those arriving by private helicopter really.

Anyone inside can look forward to a warm and welcoming experience which was possibly the biggest pleasant surprise of our visit.

Well done to the team @ Burj Al Arab. Surprisingly worth every cent!!

• Stayed April 2013
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 22, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your arrival and welcome experience as well as the service provided by our colleagues.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Exceptional from being checked in to wonderful food, especially afternoon tea. It just keeps coming and every thing is so beautifully presented by careful and professional staff. take a trip up to the top bar and experience views to take your breath away.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your culinary experience specially our afternoon tea. We are also pleased to know that the service provided by our colleagues was up to your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Essex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We always enjoy our time here, yes it is not perfect where is, our door was left open all day by cleaning staff and they tried to charge us for a child's bed when we had booked for 3 adults! However, the suite is magnificent, OTT but very clean and tidy, not keen on mirror over bed as always worry it is going to fall on top of me. Love the Hermes products they provide, massages were good, pool service good (my daughter loved the popcorn). We will certainly return. Just ignore the tourists in the lobby although a group of Japanese tourists did get up to our floor one day and I had to battle through them after having had a massage to get back to my room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 10 nights, wow what a trip, our second visit to the hotel, it's perfect in every way. It has to be the worlds best hotel, well located for the Wild Wadi, with complementary access for hotel guests, you can make use of he club cars for Transport. Pick up and drop off in the Rolls Royce is a magical touch.

Room Tip: Panoramic rooms at the end of the floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portarlington, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What an experience. My favourite place in the whole world. The hotel is something to have been an honour to stay in. I just love going back. The staff really know how to make a fuss of you and your own manager on the floor your room is on. As for your room you feel like a star or royalty. Took my son and daughter and they still go on about it. Each time I return to Dubai I have to go for a visit. It is a must. I love it so much.

Room Tip: Chose as cheap as you can as all the rooms are the same and are so comfortable .
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

We are honored to read your great review post your stay in Burj Al Arab. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the overall ambiance of the hotel and the quality of service provided by our colleagues. We are also pleased to know that your kids had an amazing experience with us as well.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back in Burj Al Arab.

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Firstly, on the plus side

Architecturally it's a marvel. It set new standards when it was built, and if you haven't been its well worth a visit , although the spectaculars of water and light shows seemed much less frequent than I remember from my first visit the month it opened.

However

It claims 7 star rating. The food is miles away from that level. At best it's an average food experience. Restaurant service in my case was very poor. The Burj charges 7 star prices, but doesn't deliver anything more than a 4 star experience.

When I stayed previously the accommodation and service were outstanding, I wouldn't stay now, as the large number of curious sightseers , does not lend itself to an exclusive and luxurious experience

There are much better places to stay in Dubai, and much much better food in dozens of restaurants

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heinrich_Morio, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

Greetings from Burj Al Arab.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Burj Al Arab is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding the poor service and culinary experience you had in some of our restaurants. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same. Please note that I have personally passed your concerns to our Food and Beverage Manager in order to review the procedures with all F&B Managers who will provide further coaching in delivering our luxurious service standards to our valued guests where appropriate to the colleagues involved. I have also noticed your comments regarding the guests in the hotel, allow me please to highlight that we only allow guests into the hotel who either have a suite or restaurant booking with us. We constantly evaluate our business mix including the use of our banquet facilities to ensure the same level of service for all our guests. However I can understand your disappointment when you encounter too many guests at the same time.

Please note that we are officially a five star hotel as the worldwide classification for hotel ratings does not go beyond the five star rating.

The history behind us being awarded a seven star rating is interesting: one of the journalists we hosted during the opening of the hotel in 1999 noted in her article that one can not recognize Burj Al Arab’s standards with five stars as according to her, Burj Al Arab had to be the first seven star hotel in the world.

We feel honoured to be unofficially referred to as a seven star hotel as this means that we are constantly delivering on our promise of luxurious and personalized service based on our hallmark and guiding principals. This keeps us on our toes and ensures that we are consistently improving our quality of services to meet and exceed our guest expectations.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Burj Al Arab in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality Burj Al Arab is renowned for.

Burj Al Arab

Been to Burj Al Arab Jumeirah? Share your experiences!