“Been Here Twice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Dubai

You added The Ritz-Carlton Dubai to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jumeirah Beach Residence, JBR, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Hotel Credit & Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Been Here Twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Ritz Dubai twice, once with my parents in 2009 and by myself on a personal trip this last November. I've stayed at the Ritz in New York, Paris and in Puerto Rico and the experience is always the same, great rooms, great service and awesome food. This Ritz is no exception!

The management quickly helped me resolve a transportation problem, for which I was very grateful! Checking in and out was a breeze and the food is awesome here! I'll definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Be sure to try the Amaseena Restaurant, its amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was our first trip to Dubai and it was awesome! Our room wasn't brand new, but it was very comfortable and made us feel like we were at home. The view from the room was beautiful and the service was top notch! The staff was attentive, kind and quick to respond. I really felt like they would have done anything that we asked them to do. I would go back and I would recommend that anyone traveling in Dubai stay at the Ritz while they are there!

Room Tip: Don't miss the Arabic buffet at Amaseena!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Really needed to get away from all the work madness so we booked a club room on the 5th floor, that was elegant and divinely furnished, as if for kings. The hotel is located at a wonderful spot and even though we didn’t know our way around, we had an amazing time in the city, all thanks to the hotel staff. They were courteous, well-mannered and extremely helpful. The most wonderful thing was that they made sure my kids had a blast, it was such a friendly and warm atmosphere. They are still gushing nonstop about the fun they had here and I didn’t have to move a muscle, thank goodness. It was so well planned that we just sat soaking in comfort, like kings and queens.
Right from the soothing spa experience to the culinary delights we had an amazing time here. I should have gone down to the kitchens and asked the chef for his recipes because I am sure we will now miss these heavenly breakfasts and buffets. I am a hard-core foodie and this place satiated me like no other. I am positive we will be back again next year, the memories we created here will stay with us forever. I would recommend this wonderful hotel to everyone, especially families. We truly felt on top of the world at The Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

First of all I would like to highlight that I stayed in many Ritz Carlton hotels around the world (Barcelona, Shanghai , Hanan island, Dubai DIFC…) and I use to enjoy my stay with Ritz carton hotel.in addition I am a American express platinum card holder and I always ask the travel desk in American express to check with Ritz Carlton hotel if I am planning to travel

Recently I booked through American express travel service to check in RC in JBR Dubai from 11/12/2012 to 13/12/2012 for a club room. Expect of not getting an upgrade due to unviability which I understand completely, the stay were OK. However in the evening of 12/12/2012 I went for a dinner in amaseena restaurant in the hotel. However I wake up in morning of 13/12/2012 (check out date) very sick and it goes very bad when I could not move from room due to high temperature, vomiting, diarrhea. It’s no doubt for me that the food from last night dinner is the reason for these conditions. I have called the hotel concierge to ask for a nurse to come and also to get few medicines to help me recover and I can proceed to check out to catch my flight back home . However I could not recover well and resulted to miss my flight and also I missed few important business meeting in and I rescheduled my flight at 10 pm.

Despite the previous incident, the most annoying part of this incident it is response of the the hotel administration (club level and manager in duty) they were only interested for me to vacant the room regardless of my serous health conditions. Unfortunately they dealt with me in un humanitarian attitude as they were believing that I am faking up the conditions to stay more time in the room! And they explicitly mentioned that they will charge me half day if I stayed more time!! I told the manager in duty that I want to leave this hotel as soon as possible and there is no reason for me to stay more if I don’t have such serious conditions. In addition they were not interested to find out more about what happened and why I become ill because of their restaurant. Also during the argue with the manager in duty he mentioned without doctor examination they can’t do any investigation. Then I asked him to bring me a doctor to make a report of my case and to prove that I am ill but he becomes reluctant to proceeds. After last conversation I gathered my luggage with what remaining of energy I have to move out from the hotel as I felt is very humiliating, un ethical and un humanitarian attitude toward me.

Finally I would like to express my deep disappointed from such behavior which would really make me unwilling to stay in this hotel in the future. In addition it destroy the image of Ritz Carlton and I will be very reluctant to stay in any Ritz Carlton hotels in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Faversham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

After reading numerous reviews about this hotel and various others in Dubai, the decision to book Ritz Carlton JBR prove to be the right one.

This review is based on a Club Room (519)

I'll start with the cons - they're minor and hardly worth mentioning:

Shower head only worked properly on one setting
Clothes storage space could be better
Carpet in room and club lounge a little dated (but perfectly clean)

Despite these minor 'cons' my rating is 'excellent' because the plus factors of this hotel far outweight any negatives.

We booked a hotel driver to collect us at the airport following a scheduled arrival time of 0840H. After being delayed in the airport by nearly an hour due to mishandled baggage (one case didn't arrive!) we were relieved to find the driver still waiting for us.

Public areas of the hotel are elegant and understated. As our stay was very recent (mid-December) they had amazing Christmas trees in the lobby, main lounge and Club Lounge, with other elegant decorations around the hotel. This classic elegance is what I'd expect from a Ritz Carlton and didn't have cold, sterile 'out to impress, in your face' overkill of some hotels.

Upon arrival at the hotel at around 11.00am we were greeted warmly by the lobby staff and escorted to the club lounge for check-in. We were offered drinks whilst we registered and then escorted to our room, which was already ready for us.

The rooms are a good size, certainly larger than a lot of 5* hotels I've stayed in around the world, but not having stayed in Dubai before I can't draw comparisons against other hotels in the area. The balcony provided a great view of the pools, the beach and Palm Island, although it is a little on the small side.

Well equipped bathroom with a large, separate shower cubicle. Plenty of amenities and towels provided, all of excellent quality. A separate WC is always good, and this is the case here.

I can't praise the staff at this hotel too highly. Every single member of staff that we encountered was warm, friendly, helpful and efficient, from the concierge and lobby staff, to housekeeping and room service, to the amazing staff in the Club Lounge, particularly Anita.

I've read on previous reviews that the beach was dirty, with cigarette butts strewn around. This is simply NOT the case! The private RC beach does not extend all the way to the sea - shortly after the sunbeds it changes to the public beach, over which the hotel has no control, but the private beach is scrupulously maintained, being raked over every morning.

The pool and beach staff were, as with the main hotel staff, friendly, efficient and helpful, especially Lito who chatted with us on our first day at the beach.

Food and drink in the Club Lounge were both plentiful and acceptable - it's perfectly possible to satisfy your appetite in the evening with the range of canapes and hot food available in the lounge without having to go out to eat in a restaurant, meaning that a Club Room does actually provide good value for money. At breakfast orders are taken for freshly cooked eggs (any style).

I'e read criticism of the hotel staff in other reviews and I can only assume that these criticisms may be from people who treat staff like they are an inferior species! I've always found that being polite and friendly to hotel staff, cabin crew, etc results in them treating you in the same way. I cannot over-emphasise how great the staff are.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hotel/Room: Great and lives up to Ritz Carlton standard. Very nice pool, garden area and beach, good breakfast and simply a nice experience. Hotel is very small compared to other Dubai hotels, but this a big advantage as it feels more personal and less "superficial" (big problem in many other hotels in Dubai). We received a daily resort credit, which was great and can be used for almost anything from restaurants to tours with Arabian Adventures (highly recommend their desert safari tour/sand dune bashing!). Hotel rooms were well-sized (as most hotel rooms in Dubai); rooms require an update, but beds are comfortable and nice marble bathroom.

Location: Great, directly at the Marina Walk with many good-value restaurants so in case you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurants, this is a very good alternative. Relatively close to the metro line as well, but in summer I would recommend taking a taxi.

Will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Request room on high floor for nice view of pool area/beach.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We booked ourselves in for the day so that we could relax on the beach with towels and a parasol as the winter sun was scorching and we had just come from a temperature of -5 in the UK. The staff were very accommodating and pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed the day on the beach. The Christmas buffet barbecue was extremely tasty and served impeccably and on our return to the beach in the afternoon we were treated to a clear view of the world sky-diving championship as well as an acrobatic display of plane manoeuvres. Swimming in the sea was warm, salty and just such a treat. On our return to the spa we had power showers, jacuzzi, sauna and steam and as many towels as necessary. We were reluctant to leave the foyer with its sumptuous Christmas decorations as the day closed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Dubai? Share your experiences!