“Five star!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | PO Box 75880, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Deal
Bed & Breakfast Offer
Ranked #54 of 527 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Five star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were booked in for a one night stop over on our way home during July. We arrived quite early in the morning, and we were able to check in early which was fantastic! The room was luxurious and quiet, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, and we had a view of the sea. The room service was excellent also.

The hotel has a pool, but we didn't have enough time to use it.

The Dubai mall is only a five minute cab ride away, the Burj Khalifa is roughly the same.

I recommend the Shangri-La for a extravagant stopover!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria Z
Laurent B, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai recently and for taking the time to providing us your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words. Your comments will be shared with my colleagues as there is no better reward than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

I truly hope that we will soon have another opportunity to be of service to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time in case you require any assistance.

With best regards,

oz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

well well, what a difference to Brazilian hotels/service.!! Quality in every regard, from doorman, to reception, amenities, restaurant, and a true 5 star room. Great view of Burg Khalifa tower from our high room 3316? or from top floor pool. Regular shuttle to Dubai mall makes getting round easy, as can then stroll to metro in A/C walkways ( too hot outside for stroll anywhere)
Special mention to the lovely Fabrice and Alina from customer service desk, with great advice for newbies to Dubai, especially during Ramadan. Also Sarath, super omelette chef and typical of the great staff at Shanga-La, can't wait to return !!

Room Tip: hi room facing Burg Khalifa and the city lights
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leonardo1961
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words. Your comments will be shared with my colleagues as there is no better reward than to be recognized for providing exceptional service especially to Fabrice and Alina.

Thank you once again for your compliments and feedback.

With best regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I just wrote a long rave about this hotel but it got lost when trying to login after writing it. I loved every minute of my stay, best buffet breakfast ever, clean and spotless, lovely attentive staff and great location. Close to Dubai Mall but easy to reach from airport. Amazing views of the city from my room - Burj Khalifa was stunning at night. The pool and spa area was also excellent. Stay here if you can!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Rebecca P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with valuable information about your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear of your positive feedback about our service, food and facilities.
As we strive to perfect our guest's experience.

We are happy to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and the fantastic view towards Burj Khalifa. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai.

With kind regards,

Laurent Bourgeois
Resident Manager
Bundaberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 4 nights here during July. We found the staff to have excellent customer service skills, and language skills. The room service we ordered for breakfast quickly delivered and delicious.
The room was always kept very clean and we always had a fresh supply of fruit and water.
The swimming pool and gym were very nice too, especially the poolside bar.
The qantas frequent flyer points for the stay were a bonus!
Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

3 Thank Mark S
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai and for taking your precious time to providing us your concerns. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our standards.

Please do let me know in case that I can be of any assistance to you and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my sweetest stay ever! Hotel in General is amazing ! I have been amazed of the room facilities ! Nice swimming pool and awesome view from the room ! I think my room was on 73rd floor !!!
Just the location is little annoying but if you ride a taxi and don't have to drive then go ahead and enjoy it

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MOU H

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We as a party of seven arrived at hotel at 7am. We had booked three bedroom apartment and deluxe room with both rooms being available immediately. The three bedroom apartment was very spacious and just superb in every way. The staff from the reception, concierge, pool attendants to room attendants were so helpful and obliging in every way. Being there during Ramadan we were directed by the staff to the Palms Jumeriah where we were able to choose from a number of restaurants serving lunch. Do not go past the Shangri La if visiting Dubai it's close to all the main shopping malls and attractions plus you will receive service of excellence

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank youngnanna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Even though i didnt love its location at the road but the inside atmosphere is wonderful,
Huge rooms with very stylish bathrooms.very nice breakfast.
have one of the best spas and hair salons in Dubai.staff v .friendly
the only negative thing is the delay at the front disk sometimes .i have forgoten some items so they kept it for me till my next visit

• Stayed January 2014