“Peace of mind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | PO Box 75880, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #50 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“Peace of mind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

this is my second time to stay in Shangri-la and i can say a lot about the hotel location, design, food, and rooms which is one of the best rooms i ever stayed on in term of the space and design , equipment. but the thing really make a difference is the dedicated team that work 24 hours to serve you. actually it's a peace of mind as there's nothing to worry about just ask and they will do it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed in a corner room on the 37th floor with amazing views of the Dubai skyline and of course, the Burj Khalifa. The place is perfect for a quick business visit with a mix of great location, hospitality and designer rooms. Breakfast includes wide variety of cuisines and has no continental bias. Recommended for business as well as pleasure trips.

Room Tip: Prefer corner rooms on higher floors for a scenic view.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my partner for two nights in late April. We chose to stay in a Horizon Club room and it was a great choice. We arrived at the hotel at 7am after a long flight from Brisbane and our room wasn't ready (we hadn't booked the extra night). The receptionist advised us to go to the spa to enjoy the facilities, relax and have a shower, The spa staff were fantastic and very helpful, I really enjoyed the steam room and plunge pool. After that we enjoyed a free buffet breakfast and the staff were very attentive.

The pool area is superb with great views of Burj Kalifa. The bar staff are very helpful and deliver the drinks/food to your sun lounger. There are life uards on duty all the time so you feel very safe.

Being in the Horizon Club we got free afternoon tea (no need to buy lunch) and two hours of cocktails & snacks in the evening. We ate in both the Moroccan & Vietnamese restaurants and the vietnamese taster menu was out of this world. I don't eat beef so they easily changed one course to chicken with no fuss.

Our room faced "the world" and we could see Atlantis in the distance, It was a great room with fantastic shower products.

This was our second stay in Dubai and it blew our first hotel out of the water. The staff are all superb but especially the girls in the Horizon Club reception. We can''t wait to have our next stay!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Horizon Club - it's well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The perfect place to stay in Dubai! Great location, everything is nearby, the building is marvelous, rooms/suites are more than spacious, view is incredible, espacially since we stayed at the 40th floor. Comfy beds, soft sheets, L'occitane products, Nespresso, huge bathrooms. Breakfast is great, enourmous variety. The morroccan restaurant in the hotel is also amazing, has authentic morroccan food. Staff is nice, helpful and supportive. The view at the pool is just breathtaking, and you gotta try their oversized margaritas!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Highest floor and corner rooms are best, and you will have an unmatched view from your desk at your room, it is very relaxing and addictive! Is a really nice hotel, you can rent a meeting room and have all your meetings done, you can have a nice conversation with nice people down in the terrace! They have a very nice bar with pool, drinks and food are good and the stuff is great, helpful and always smiling. I have had a very nice experience there. Will come back for sure.
regarding food, it is a great experience and service is amazing.

Room Tip: Highest floor (or just high floor) and corner rooms are best, as you will have a great view from you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shellharbour, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had a horrible greeting from the Reception staff when I checked in. I had an early 7am arrival at the hotel and was only staying for one night, but I had booked the previous night as well so I could check-in on my arrival. I handed the man at the reception my booking details and he said he could see that I had already paid for the room. He asked for my credit card, as they do, he looked at it and rudely said "this is no good, do I have another one"? I had an MCP to which he also rudely said "that is no good". He proceeded to say he would remove the mini-bar from the room. Puzzled and feeling a bit worried, I looked at him sternly and replied "I will be able to pay for any and all hotel services used by me on my check-out".(I was feeling glad that I had more than enough Dirhams with me). I have never had such a negative and rude greeting nor any problems with my card not being accepted in any hotel anywhere before. Well, the mini-bar was not removed, and I didn't care to use any of it; I ventured out a couple of hours later and I had decided to use my credit card outside of the hotel to purchase some items and had no difficulties at all with my card. On check-out I had another male staff member who seemed nice and I paid in cash for all services/meals I had at the hotel. The room, meals and other hotel staff were nice, but with a terrible & rude reception like the one I was confronted with, I AM SURE TO NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent experience and outstanding in every way. Brilliant location and very helpful staff..The room and the bed are beautiful and the service is first class as one would expect from the a fife star hotel.
Highly recommend this hotel to travelers. Beauty within.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai? Share your experiences!