“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Deira

and 1 more site!
You added Residence Deira to your Saves list
Residence Deira
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Al maktoum Road and 15th st, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #278 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

This was actually our second choice, after the first option wasn’t available for a second night. However, we lucked out, as it provided an excellent base for our two days in Dubai.

A large double ensuite with kitchenette, complete with daily paper, all for just Dh192 (AU$56) per night, after tax & service were added in. Best of all, it was a mere 5 minute stroll to Union Metro station, a real benefit, given that it was 40C outside during our stay.

The bustling main street of Deira (including 24h supermarket) was a few minutes away, and we had an excellent meal at Ravi’s, a stone’s throw from the Residence.

Union Metro is just five stops from Airport Terminal 3, where most Emirates’ flights arrive, so it took less than 15 minutes to get to our hotel.

The only thing missing from the room was dishwashing items – a strange omission, given the selling point of the kitchenette and wi-fi.

We would happily recommend Residence Deira to anyone making a Dubai stopover.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Dear KaleneAndy,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for taking out the time to post a review of your stay experience.

We are delighted to read that you had a nice time during your visit to Dubai and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I researched for a while to find a decently priced hotel for 16 day trip to Dubai. I compared different locations. We wanted a Hotel Apartment with a usable kitchenette. This hotel served both purposes. One can feel slightly uncomfortable being in downtown Deira since it is congested and crowded with mostly daily wage workers in Dubai. This hotel though in Deira has a reasonable distance from Deira downtown. Union Metro station is just a few minutes walk away. There are plenty of shops around for groceries and other needs. Our Studio apartment had a very nice Kitchenette and one of the MOST comfortable mattresses that i have ever slept on. Kitchen stove is very very usable and provide adequate and quick heat. Bath room is pretty spacious and never seem to run out of hot water even without the hot water heater. And trust me i have seen 5 star hotels run out of hot water in 20 minutes. Toilet flush is smooth and wont splash you :-) AC & Heating in the room is very good as well. If you do not need Amenities such as pool, fitness center and so on then go for it. I wish they would plan to provide internet to the guests in the room in the near future. If you look around you can find an internet cafe but off course it is not as comfortable as using the Net from your own room. Dubai creek is also at a walking distance. One can take a pleasant and somewhat scenic walk along the creek and also enjoy fresh juices from the cafe along the road. Hotel is not noisy and you always have this sense of privacy even in the small lobby as you step outside the hotel. Like i said earlier don't be concerned about this hotel being right in the middle of Deira because it is not. Downtown Deira, hustle and bustle of that district is at least 3 to 4 blocks away. No Free Internet in Room, No Microwave, No Laundry Unit, No Coffee Maker but has an Electric Kettle. Stove comes with an Electric Oven. Ironing Board and Iron provided. Fruit Basket should not be called a fruit basket...why? One orange, One apple, 2 bananas don't make a basket :-)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear Blasterrr,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for taking out the time and posting a positive review of your 16 days stay with us.

We are delighted to read that the hotel exceeded your expectations and do hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Queens NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I was picked up from the airport and whisked to the hotel in half an hour. I arrived early and the front desk asked me to wait for few minutes to give me a room. It was a pleasure because the front desk clerk was very helful and accomodating. The room was in the 5th floor and I had two single beds, a couch, a kitchen with all the utensils and a great bathroom. It was very clean. The location is great, it was very close to the Metro. Also, you can walk from the hotel to catch the Abra-water taxi to the souq. I stayed for 4 nights and a newspaper everyday. For the price, it was a steal.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Dear ernestoqueensny,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for taking out time to write this review of your 4 nights experience.

We always strive to deliver our guests the highest levels of hospitality and it is very satisfying to know that this is being achieved and commented upon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I spent 10 nights at one of the studios and it was a very good choice, very near the metro station, the buses, the boats or abras, just the ideal location to explore Dubai and go back for a shower at lunch time and then go out in the evening to see the boats or the Burj Khalifa or the beautiful dancing waters just 3 stops away. The views from the hotel weren't that good from my room, but I only used the room for sleeping and relaxing and it doesn't worry me what you can look at, who wants to look out of a hotel window in such a beautiful city! It was clean with a complimentary newspaper every morning, very nice toiletries. Television in several languages so I always knew what was happening in the world (not in Spanish!). There was a bit of mix up with the booked taxi at the airport but it was solved very quick. I am recomending this hotel to friends and if I go back to Dubai, I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
Dear yolandagn,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for writing a positive review of your 10 days stay with us. We are delighted to read that the hotel exceeded your expectations.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

The hotel might look small in the outside but the friendliness of the staff (Janet and Jennifer in the front desk) brings warmth to this hotel. They have been really helpful and accommodating as well.

The location is indeed a great one. Very near the Union metro station which gives you access if you want to go to Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates.

The let downs include the fruit basket... it consisted of 2 bananas a rotten apple and an orange. I was so disappointed and it was never replaced. I also thought that they would replace the two bottled water after it was consumed but it did not happen as well as the toiletries. So I have to buy my toiletries on my third day.

Overall, the price you pay is worth it... a no frills hotel but is centrally located with great friendly staff. I would stay in this hotel again and would

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, May 8, 2010
Dear londonerwanderlust,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for your valuable time to post a review of your experience, we are delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay.

We also realize the inconvenience caused due to the items that were not replenished however we have a request form that is available in the guest folder which could be filled according to your requirement and given at the reception in order for us to service you at any stage.

Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

No way would I have found this hotel by myself. I'm glad I arranged a car from the airport in advance. Having been there it would be much cheaper to just take the metro. Looking at the entrance I wondered if I had made the wrong choice.

So I get into the small lobby, did I mention small, and found that they upgraded my room. Nice start. I was escorted to my room and here's what I found. For $80 a 1 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment with a view of Dubai Creek and the Burj Khalifa. This is a bargain. All the furnishings were older and well used but perfectly suitable, a full kitchen, living room, dining room table with 6 chairs, and the best bed I've slept on in years and this includes my own.

I was planning on visiting the Dubai Mall so this wasn't the best location for that but I was right next to the metro and bus station. It was also a short walk to a local mall that had more than a usual number of American restaurants and a grocery store next to it.

If you're looking for a quite place room 503 isn't it. It faces a busy street and the most popular option on every vehicle is the horn. I chose to embrace the sounds of the local area and ignore it. Other rooms not facing the street may be better. It did quiet down overnight and the comfortable bed did it's trick. I like a firm mattress and this fit the bill perfectly. I should have looked to check the brand but I couldn't find a better one at another hotel for $3000 a night. It was that good.

I hope my comments explain my ratings. I would stay in this room again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, April 24, 2010
Dear RN1975,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for taking out the time to post a review of your stay.

We would like to bring to your notice that once you cross the creek in an Abra (Water taxi) you can continue the exploration of Deira’s cultural attractions including Gold Souk, Textile Souk and Heritage Village that are a stone throw’s away from Residence Deira by Le Meridien.

We very much look forward to welcoming to you again soon.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Location is ok, a short walk to Deira, but more importantly right next to the Union Square metro station, from where you can get anywhere.

Rooms sufficient, fridge, some pots/plates/utensils/coffee/tea, but do not expect luxury. Staff very nice and helpful.

Welcome fruit basket was a banana, apple and an orange (1 each)

Internet insanely expensive at 1AED/minute. 100m from the hotel, a cyber cafe 4AED/hour thankfully.

Do take them up on the shuttle to the Le Meridien by the airport, you can use all the facilities there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear vrab,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to read the positive comments and would share the same with our associates who always strive to meet customer’s expectations.

Look forwrad to welcoming you again.

Residence Deira by Le Méridien

Been to Residence Deira? Share your experiences!