We stayed for 4 nights in November 2009.
- We arrived at 9.30am. At first we were told the earliest our room would be available was 12pm, but by 10.15am we were in our room.
- For both early arrival and late departure we were able to use the health club facilities.
- It's one of the older Dubai hotels, but still has an air of luxury and is impressive.
- Standard room was very spacious and comfortable.
- Excellent beach and pool facilities. Plenty of space on the beach and lawn areas, and facilities shared with The Westin next door. There seemed to be many more loungers than guests. Sea is sheltered, shallow and very safe making it ideal for kids. Pool is not huge, but it is an infinity pool which always rocks, and has a swim-up bar.
- The health club is probably the best I've seen in any hotel in the world...essentially a private health club which happens to be part of a hotel. Plenty of first class equipment, sauna, steam room, plunge pool.
- Our room was on the street-side, and was noisy at night from both traffic, and what I suspect were ventilation units outside. Without our trusty ear plugs, we'd have really struggled to get a good nights sleep.
- Breakfast was not included, and was a staggering 110AED per person (£19). Why do hotels do this? The cost to provide all guests breakfast is minimal, and when you're already paying a small fortune for the room, it's almost insulting to get fleeced for breakfast. That said, quality of breakfast was good.
- We had no need for it, but this is a hotel which charges through the nose for Internet access. Again, the cost to the hotel is virtually zero, so the high charges are unreasonable.
- Main reason for choosing this hotel was price. At the time of booking this was one of the cheapest beachside hotels, yet still £240 per night for a standard room excl. breakfast. Yes, Dubai hotels are expensive, but you can get much better value in other parts of the Middle East and beyond.
- It is true, there is a lot of construction work behind the hotel which creates some background noise, but nothing to spoil your day as some reviews have suggested. If you come to Dubai, you have to expect some construction noise because it's everywhere!
- The location is good. Close to Dubai Marina, Palm Island, golf courses etc. If you're heading to Downtown in the evening, there can be a lot of traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road.
Overall a very pleasant stay and would come here again...but would look for a better deal.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina Hotel
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort
- Mina Seyahi
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Dubai
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly re-opened following a 10-month refurbishment, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina offers a luxurious getaway on Dubai’s famous Jumeirah Beach. Boasting 1200 metres of private beach, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi features several swimming pools, tennis courts and a gym. Le Meridien newly designed rooms offer a classic decor and are equipped with complimentary internet access, individually controlled air conditioning, satellite channels, an in-room safe, and a choice of panoramic views over the Arabian Sea or the buzzing city of Dubai. Among the services offered on the resort, a wide range of outdoor activities are featured, including a water sports centre, our Fitness Centre Club Mina, and younger guests can enjoy the Penguin Club which offers an activity programme, beach games as well as 2 separate kids’ pools. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi offers two distinctive new restaurant concepts, two bars and one lounge for a stimulating gourmet dining and drinking experience. Enjoy Barasti Beach Bar and explore a selection of cocktails, wines and spirits overlooking the Arabian Gulf. Latest Recipe draws on great dishes created internationally with innovative fare as well as comfort food re-imagined. Whatatsumi offers a relaxed Japanese atmosphere for your evening meal, while Latitude in the lobby offers perfect coffee drinks and snacks throughout the day. Located on the pristine shoreline of Jumeirah Beach this prime location is just a 10 minute drive away from world-famous Emirates Golf Club. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is also in close proximity to various malls as well as the Marina walk and JBR where many favored restaurants and bars can be found. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi offers concierge services and an airport transfer service can be arranged at an additional fee upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.