We stayed in le meridien from the 12th -22nd of september. We booked through virgin and got a decent deal on half board. This was our first trip to Dubai and we loved it. The hotel smells amazing in the lobby. Dubai is very grand and this hotel does not disappoint. we had the use of le meridien and the westin next door which is just beautiful. The pools were great. we used all of them but the lifeguards watch you like hawks so there isnt much fun to be had if you are a child (no jumping in etc). we were a family of four, two adults and two boys aged 4 and 8. The main thing that let this holiday down was the kids clubs. I was really unhappy to be honest. It is open 9-6pm every day and you can leave them there all day if you want, checking them every two hours. i would have no intention of leaving the kids there all day. they stayed a maximum of 2 hours. The first day we went with the kids, they called us after an hour and a half to say the kids were bored and wanted to leave. This was pretty much how it went for the rest of the holiday. We would arrive, the staff were unfriendly,unmotivated, not child orientated, looked bored, did not seem to want to be there. One occasion we arrived and the girl was making something for halloween. She said hello and carried on with what she was doing. My kids were standing there not knowing what to do. It was weird and awkward. I have been to other places were the staff are welcoming, fun, enthusiastic and know how to make kids feel happy and at ease. They basically put a dvd on for the boys and that was it. I asked them if the boys could make a card for their uncles birthday and the girl said "yes i will make a card". i replied "no no they WANT to make a card". why on earth would i want to give my brother a home made card from a staff member at the hotel?
The kids club was a huge let down. the kids went three times.
The room was lovely. Fifth floor with sea view. this was perfect as we could vaguely hear the barasti bar but its only really loud on thursday and friday. The grounds of the hotel are stunning.
We did half board offer which took a bit of getting used to and how to work it all out. It was a shame we couldnt use the half board in the spanish restaurant. We loved the italian. breakfast was fine and there was plenty of choice. we got a bit bored of the food to be honest. i have been to all inclusive in cyprus and that was more to my taste. i think i prefer Mediterranean type food. there wasnt really much for the kids in the all you can eat bit. my kids will eat loads of types of food but it just didnt seem to appeal to them or me. My husband who is really fussy loved it all though so i suppose it depends on the person. SAfe to say we didnt starve so the food was fine. just not my taste.
service at the hotel was brilliant. we felt very spoilt the whole time. treated very well.
overall, i would highly recommend the hotel, staff, pools, beach, location (close to everything really). i would not recommend the kids club at all. food was fine if you like spicy and eastern style food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly re-opened following a 10-month refurbishment, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina offers a luxurious getaway on Dubai’s famous Jumeirah Beach. Boasting 1200 metres of private beach, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi features several swimming pools, tennis courts and a gym. Le Meridien newly designed rooms offer a classic decor and are equipped with complimentary internet access, individually controlled air conditioning, satellite channels, an in-room safe, and a choice of panoramic views over the Arabian Sea or the buzzing city of Dubai. Among the services offered on the resort, a wide range of outdoor activities are featured, including a water sports centre, our Fitness Centre Club Mina, and younger guests can enjoy the Penguin Club which offers an activity programme, beach games as well as 2 separate kids’ pools. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi offers two distinctive new restaurant concepts, two bars and one lounge for a stimulating gourmet dining and drinking experience. Enjoy Barasti Beach Bar and explore a selection of cocktails, wines and spirits overlooking the Arabian Gulf. Latest Recipe draws on great dishes created internationally with innovative fare as well as comfort food re-imagined. Whatatsumi offers a relaxed Japanese atmosphere for your evening meal, while Latitude in the lobby offers perfect coffee drinks and snacks throughout the day. Located on the pristine shoreline of Jumeirah Beach this prime location is just a 10 minute drive away from world-famous Emirates Golf Club. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is also in close proximity to various malls as well as the Marina walk and JBR where many favored restaurants and bars can be found. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi offers concierge services and an airport transfer service can be arranged at an additional fee upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Mina Seyahi
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Dubai
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina