“reasonably good hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramee Hotel Apartment

You added Ramee Hotel Apartment to your Saves list
Ramee Hotel Apartment
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Rolla Street | PO Box 55808, Dubai 27053, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #355 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“reasonably good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed for 4 days with my family. Its a fairly good hotel, for the price i got.
I was very concerned , on reading the various negative feedback on this site, but decided to stay for at least a day, and try it out.
A few dirhams tip, may have turned my luck, but the rooms were cleaned, supplyed with at least 3-4 fresh towels a day and so on.
To put things in perspedtive, its no Hilton, or Mariott, but Dubai being costlier than London, this is what you get for this price.
If you are from the indian subcontinent, you will feel at home. Buffet has idli, pau etc, along with sausages , eggs etc. Location is good, and we did shop and walk around till 11.30 pm .
Another issue , perhaps for some - staff and large proportion of guests are from Asia/ origin.. so,....
Only problem, is the hotel has a pizza place, so the pizza smell percolates into the lobby, but we like pizza, so we were ok with it.

Room Tip: Try 5th floor up
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nadia K, Manager at Ramee Hotel Apartment, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback and your kind comments regarding our services.

Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.
We are thankful that you were being satisfied with the services we offered to you in all our possible efforts to make you feel comfortable and relax in Ramee Hotel Apartment.

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Yours Truly,
Nadia Khan
Operations Incharge
Ramee Hotel Apartment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Let's be clear. This hotel is run by Indians, 90% of guests are Indian. The smell is the special Indian air freshner called Amber. If you go to India, it smells like this everywhere. I was disappointed to see the notice on the reception disk reading "No guest is allowed". Which means that if you want to go out and bring a woman, they won't let you. The location is not that great but you can walk to the train line and the city center.
All and all, if you can find another place to stay, I suggest you do that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to this hotel last month and this was a horrible decision.
This hotel does not deserve the price they're asking for. The staff is very rough, not friendly.
The room was not in a good condition such as a bad smell, cockroach and bugs inside the room.
The parking lot is very small so if you guys have a big car won't be the best place to park in.
One good side of this hotel would be their pizza...it is indeed delicious!
I would recommend this hotel for mostly people traveling by their own, people that don't care about the hotel service and the sanitary condition of the room...no couples and no family would have fun in this hotel !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Wexford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel was convenient for its location, being relatively near to the airport, although the area is a bit crowded. Being during Ramadan, we wanted an apartment near to the shops, with a rooftop swimming pool and this hotel ticked all these boxes. The car parking was included in the price, which was very handy as everywhere around there is pay and display street parking. The cleanliness is great, especially for a three star, with room cleaning taking place twice a day. In general the service is close to perfect. The crowded area means you can't really expect much in the area of views and vistas. On the down side I'm also going to mention the very dated decor (in need of some designer tlc) and the potential serious security issues the hotel has:

1. the safe in our room was not working, and even if it would have been working it was loose (not bolted at all to the wall), so not much point depositing any valuables inside. Unfortunately we ended up carrying our passports, cards and cash with us at all times, even to the pool.
2. when I came to the room from the poo l one day it appeared the cleaning was in progress. On our floor all the room doors were open, including ours and no staff was in sight ANYWHERE around. All our belongings, including laptops, kindle, phones etc were directly accessible to anyone would have passed along the corridor at that time.
3. my visa cc got used illegally (be someone else) after I have faxed my cc details to Ramee Apartments, as requested by them. Even if to me this was very risky, I still faxed it to them and expected it will be retained in the safest and most restricted location. However at our check out it turns out my details were stored in a sliding drawer in an unlocked press accessible to anyone who was in reception. Luckily my visa cc got blocked by my bank. Although I requested Ramee Apartments an explanation more than week ago, no answer was provided by the hotel so far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

After spending 2 nites at Ramee Hotel Apartment we were happy with the accommodations and staff. We were somewhat perplexed by the negative reviews we had earlier read. We found the room to be clean, comfortable, good shower, fully furnished. The staff were helpful and friendly and we actuallly enjoyed the ambiance and feel of the area. It was enjoyable to experience the real Dubai.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed at the Ramee Hotel in Dubai after looking at it on Expedia. The pictures in the ad showed a very nice hotel, and they claim its a 4 star, so we paid $100 USD per night, As soon as we walked into our room we were horrified. The first thing was the smell. It reeked of some kind of cooking so bad, and they kept spraying air fresheners, which probably made it worse. It was also the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. All the couches and chairs were stained and had things caked onto them, they were also extremely uncomfortable. They put clean sheets on the fold out couch and I still didn't want to sleep on it because the part where my head went was so dirty. The floors had visible splatter marks all over them, and were sticky, The cabinets were all super sticky, and literally had red sauce splattered all over them. The handles were super sticky. The bathrooms had no towels or toilet paper, and they smelled horrible and weren't cleaned. The roof is full of mold. Also, the internet, which costs $15 USD per night is sooooo slow. This place in my opinion is a dump. The only good thing is that there is allot of restaurants around, and its only 15-20 minutes from the airport and the Burj Khalifa. Would NOT recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Gineva
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The only thing I liked of this hotel was the bed, everything else was terrible..
It's not clean as you would expect from a 4 star hotel;
Staff is very rude and can't even speak a good English;
The location is bad: far from everything and it's just in front of a Mosque, that transmits prayers 24/7 from giant speakers..very annoying when you're trying to sleep!
Worst toilet I've ever seen, and I've been travelling for months sleeping in hostels everywhere..
I would definitively not come back to this hotel, and I would not come back to Dubai either..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ramee Hotel Apartment? Share your experiences!