“Good location, some staff require training on customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Plaza Dubai

You added Regal Plaza Dubai to your Saves list
Regal Plaza Dubai
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Al Fahidi Metro Station, Al Mankool Road | PO Box 26842, Dubai 26842, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #293 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Leeds
“Good location, some staff require training on customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

The taxi driver had no problem finding the hotel.
We got to the hotel about 6 hours before check-in, the lad on reception would not let us check in early or use any bathroom facilities - rubbish service here, considering we had been traveling on an overnight flight that took 8 hours and we were both very tired. But they did lock our suitcases away.
We got back later and got to the hotel and our suitcases were left outside in the foyer next to the entrance!!! Anyone could have taken them - rubbish.
Check in was swift and they gave us some fruit juice when we checked in.
We specifically asked for a room on one of the top floors - we had read reviews about the noise coming from the night club on the 1st floor. And they gave us a room on the 6th floor. The baggage lad was very friendly and did his best with our suitcases.
Our room was ok, big room, loads of space, nice firm bed, the air con was spot on.
And during the nights we could not hear a thing - brilliant.
My wife noticed that the mini bar was missing some items, so I notified reception to ensure that we did not get charged, and the lady on reception noted this.
Our room could have done with a good vac, I found a dead beetle ext to the curtain.
The shower room was an interesting place, nice and clean, very bright. There was a drain that water from the water hose went down, this drain had flies coming out of it - I just killed them and it was ok. The toilet flush was not very powerful, so I just used the water hose next to the toilet in the toilet.
On one night the hot water system for the entire hotle stopped working, but this was fixed the next day at 10am.
The electric plugs will give you a fright - I managed to get sparks coming out of one, when trying to recharge our camera. I phone housekeeping and they were up in 5 mins to show me how the plugs worked.

The location off this hotel is fantastic. Only 5 mins walk to one of the main underground stations, which take you all over Dubai. Only 5 mins to the Burjman shopping centre. There are loads of small good value shopping centers all within 5 minutes walk.
They were building another underground station right outside the hotel.
The Indian area is only about 10 mins walk away - loads of bargains. 15 mins walk to the creek.

We found that if you speak the lingo, then you get more attention. It's really a hotel run by asians, for asians. The breakfast was okish, just make sure you get there early, one the food has gone, they don't bring any more out.

The bar on the ground floor was excellent - cheap food and drink and they had Sky.
The nightclub on the 1st floor was an eyeopener. Some interesting ladies coming and going. But form what I could see, the club was a dive.

There is a guy in the foyer who sells excursion tickets, eg desert safari. Barter HARD with him to get the price that YOU want to pay, we booked all of our trips with him including a day trip to the capital.

The swimming pool (or big bath) looked dodgy.

Overall, we had a good stay in the hotel, it was quiet and secure.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend, just bear in mind that it's not the Ritz. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

Somehow this was recommended by USO to US military. I had booked Jormand hotel for a lesser price and had better ammenities and queen size bed but had to cancel due to policy.
Picture is not the same, hotel actually is on the left of the one pictured. It has a bar downstairs and a small restaurant. swimming pool is not clean. No wifi and LAN is slower than 56k. took me almost 9 hours to download update of itunes. Price for 24 hours internet access is $25+, not worth it. My fridge was empty when I checked in. No iron and took an hour ot get one. Having extra person is also a extra charge, even though you have two twin beds in your room. The room with single beds are above a club which is loud. The only good things I liked was the smoking room(even it has no smoking stickers all over the room) , the continental breakfast and the gyros at night. Basically I paid $100 plus for a night. Also bring a universal cord adaptor for whatever you need to charge, hotel does not have the US plug adapter. Contruction in the streets and will be there for a few more months.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

The hotel is very well located just bang opposite to the mall. The hotel is good, economical and well located. Also with the new metro it would be a good place. Rooms are decent and clean.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The renovation work during peak hours
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I was quite worried after reading some of the reviews on this site as I'd already booked the hotel but please don’t be put off. I am a 26 year old female and I stayed here with my mum and Gran and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room - was large and clean, bed was massive, queen size I think. The room was a double supreme, and they were going to put in a another single bed but the bed was more than large enough for three. Nice big flat screen TV with a range of satellite channels. Plenty of cupboard space.

Breakfast - there is a good spread of food, they always have English fry up items, an Indian option (alloo puri, dosa etc) American pancakes and then your usual cold items - cereals, toast, croissants, pastries.

Location - If you are going to Dubai and you are wanting to be close to Meena Bazaar than this place is for you. It is practically across the road and we went every day. The creek was fairly close too, you could walk there through Meena Bazaar in about 15-20 mins. There are small malls and amenities all around the hotel. McDs and KFC opposite and plenty of other eateries open till early hours of the morning.

General – As some other have mentioned, this hotel does mainly cater for Asians as it is Indian owned and run. The club is a little loud and so I am glad we requested a room on a higher floor. We were on the 5th floor and the disco did not disturb us. The swimming pool is a little abandoned and looks rarely used – not very inviting. The beauty salon is expensive, but they are very good. My mum had a full body massage and said it was well worth the money. This is not a top class hotel but I wouldn’t class it as a budget hotel either – we had a very comfortable stay.
On the last day we ordered room service – meal for 3 came to around £15...bargain for a hotel and portions were very good.

I would stay at this hotel again and also recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Ok, lets get to the point. This hotel has nice clean rooms, and pretty decent service, and its located in a decent area - close to Burjuman mall, and numerous shops.

HOWEVER, this hotel becomes an all out party scene at night. When you enter the lobby in the latter part of the evening, you're greeted with disco lighting, loud music, and plenty of loose women. In fact, outside the hotel there are plenty of loose women to pick up. OH yes, make sure you get a room on a high floor. . . otherwise you'll hear the thumping music from the club all night.

Look the hotel is cheap, I paid like US$65 per night. It comes with ups and downs. . .if you're pretty conservative, I'd suggest staying away. . . but if you don't mind the loud music and loose women, for the price, it might be worth considering.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I booked a deluxe room that had no towels, no tea or coffee with the kettle and an empty mini bar. I stayed for one night and won't be staying again. On booking out in the morning I was not allowed to have a copy of my bill, the reason given was that the booking agent doesn't want clients to see how much commission they add. I told the staff that I wasn't concerned about the commision rate and that I just wanted a copy of the bill again to be told I couldn't. Luckily for the staff I had a taxi to catch and didn't have time to continue debating the matter. Poor rooms, poor service and poor staff. Don't stay at this hotel even as a last resort.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Regal Plaza Dubai? Share your experiences!