“Good transit hotel in Dubai” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay long, save more
Ranked #153 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Canberra, Australia
“Good transit hotel in Dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at the Dusit Thani to break our journey from Sydney to London. Very convenient location, easy to get to / from airport. Good quality hotel, clean, good restaurants, nice staff. A very positive experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AndrewFoxRussel,

Thank you very much for submitting your Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at Dusit Thani Dubai.

We are pleased to know that on the short period of time you stayed in the hotel, we were able to exceed your expectations and made your trip a positive experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or my team if we can be of any assistance.

717 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Easter weekend and were really impressed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to help out where possible, this included booking taxis and airport transfers.

I arrived a little later than my husband and he arranged for me to be picked up from airport, they had an air conditioned, luxury car waiting for me with snacks and cold drinks after my long flight. It was a little pricey at £45 however a small price to pay, we felt, as I had never been to Dubai before and wasn't sure where to go.

The hotel's breakfast was good, plenty of choice. If you're someone who likes your full english, you may a little disappointed as it is not quite what you expect however they make omelettes to order in front of you and had lots of fresh bread, pastries and breads.

The other dining outlets in the hotel were very good, we had meals in the deli and the italian restaurant, both were lovely and well recommended.

The rooms are large and spacious, very clean and luxurious. We were really impressed.

Roof top pool is small but just what you need with a small gym on the side if you're feeling athletic. The hotel was in a good location from the mall either by taxi or the train down the road.

Highly recommended hotel, you'll love it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Larnie86,

Thank you for your entry in Trip Advisor and for your kind comment on the hotel.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our dining outlets Delicatessen and PAX restaurant. The friendliness and helpfulness of staff are what we are really proud of.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a 4-night stay in Dubai. My stay was for a holiday I planned and I decided to bring my folks down with me. The hotel is clean, the room was big and good. However the facilities within the hotel were boring. There are 3 restaurants on the 24th floor, a bar on the ground floor and a pool at the top floor. The restaurants are 5-star hotel quality as the hotel itself. But the pool is disappointing. The bar was boring. The staff was friendly and the free high speed wifi is definitely a plus. But the price paid for the hotel was not justified by the hotel. I paid £840 for 4 nights / 3 people.

Dear brightonem,

Thank you for your kindTrip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at Dusit Thani Dubai. We are delighted to have the opportunity to being of service to you and we sincerely appreciate you taking time to write.

Thank you for your kind comment on the 3 restaurants on the 24th floor. The hotel provides a shuttle to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates to guests every day. We also have daily trip to Jumeirah Beach Park.

I am sorry to hear you felt the hotel was too pricey, since it’s our endeavor to offer both quality and value for money and we regularly check competitors’ pricing to ensure our pricing is fair.

Abu dhabi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

During our visit to Dubai for business we decided to stay at this hotel. When we arrived we found some issues with our room including our shower will turn hot or cold water of its own. We went to the lobby area and requested to talk to the manager, we did and after explaining to him our issues and problems with the room, they took actions right away. The hotel moved us from a regular room to a suite. They went out of their way to make our stay a good experience, with rose petals in our bath tub, complimentary breadfast and drinks. Amazing. In general we were please with the quality of food in their restaurants, all great except for Latino theme day, the food was not really Spanish as I thought. But I think this hotel has a great location, quite area, the staff is just the best as well as the service. I love their pool area, the hair salon, you got everyhting you need under one roof. Oh they also have free entertainment in the lobby every afternoon with Thai dancers and Thai musicians. LOVE and recommend the place.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are in good location, there is not noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear AbuDhabiDO,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Dusit Thani Dubai and for taking the time to give your positive feedback about your experience.

We are truly delighted with your compliments and thank you for identifying excellent service all through your stay. Our Thai dancers and Thai musicians are also performing everyday for lunch and dinner at Benjarong restaturant serving Royal Thai cuisine which is located on the 24th floor.

It has been our pleasure to have the opportunity to look after you and being of service to you. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was more than an apartment with a sepate lounge area, a big flatscreen tv, a desk area and very spacious room. The bathroom has three sections and is well equipped with all types of pampering items.

I was here for a conference and the staff were very helpful when it came to setup. Front desk could be better informed - they were helpful and very friendly, but were not aware that there was a conference in the hotel for example. The food served during our stay and the tea time snacks was of a very high quality and more than enough.

I was however dissappointed about the fact that my room was obviously a smoking room and I was not consulte about it. The smell was overpowering and unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Karen H,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Dusit Thani Dubai and for taking the time to give your feedback about your experience. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

There will be an additional emphasis on training the front office collegues to ensure they are always aware of the current events in the hotel and that guests were consulted on room preference during check in.

We would like to thank you for highlighting the friendliness of our colleagues. They are really an asset to this organization.

UAE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I came through the offer they have provided to the UAE Government Employees. I had a bad experience with the receptionist that treated me rudely and the valet parking that charges 30DHS even if I am staying in the hotel.

Please avoid the hotel if you think that they will respect the UAE Government employees !

My first experience was with the receptionist that insisted on charging me the rate that was higher than my offer citing taxes (even though the offer was inclusive of taxes). We had the manager called and she acted as if it was the first time she saw the offer but finally accepted and charged us the right rate.

To our surprise, we were given a SMOKING ROOM !! rather than the none-smooking room we booked. Once we went to the room and smelled the bad smell (i do not smoke and my wife is pregnant) we decided to go back to the reception. The receptionist said that it was my mistake and that I asked for a smoking room !! She was very rude and treated me like a liar !!

We decided that we want to talk to the manager only. An Arabic lady came by and told us that all the deluxe none-smooking rooms were occupied (THE TRUE STORY FINALLY!) and that she will upgrade us to a 1 bed room suite which was good of her.

The valet parking was a very annoying experience. So if you drop your car at the front entrance they charge you 30dhs, but if you drop it at the back entrance it is free. But here is the trick, THEY DO NOT STAFF THE FREE BACK PARKING ! I came at 5pm, waiting for 10 minutes, nobody was there, I came at 9pm , nobody was there. Both times I parked by myself !!

Other than that, beds are not very cozy, and room seems to be poorly furnished. Felt like a 3-4 stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sultan123UAE,

Thank you for taking time to fill in your Trip Advisor review and for your valuable feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

We took serious note of your disappointment with several areas of our services - the efficiency of check in and valet parking charges.
We deeply apologize for the service shortfalls and the inconvenience we may have caused you. We wish to assure you that we have looked into your concerns and have taken action to correct the deficiencies and improve our services. Please be assured that these issues are isolated incidents and do not reflect the standards of Dusit Thani Dubai.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and profoundly hope that we may have another opportunity to restore your confidence in Dusit Thani Dubai.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When we arrived at the airport a limousine drove us to the hotel. We had booked the Club Room but got an upgrade for a suite. The view was overwhelming from our room, we could see the Burj Khalifa and a bit further away the Burj Al Arab. The room service is excellent and twice a day they came to clean the room or prepared the bed for the night. In the Dusit Club it was calm and we loved to stay there to read a book or only to enjoy the delicious food. The Dusit Club room Service personal were very helpfully and polite all the time. We are vegetarian and when they new it, they ordered special food for us. Bow, one from the Club Room Personal , recommended us to go for Breakfast to Burj Al Arab. She has booked everything and it was a pleasure to go there. We can highly recommend Dusit Thani and we would choose again this hotel.

Room Tip: Room number 3020 the suite was great with the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Pascal G,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Dusit Thani Dubai and completing your tripadvisor review.

Many thanks for your thoughtful praise to Ms. Bow from Club Lounge We're so glad to know that you were so pleased with the quality of service she provided you and it will be a great pleasure to share your comment with her.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Dubai again in the near future.

Dusit Thani Dubai

Been to Dusit Thani Dubai? Share your experiences!