“It is an OK place, nothing stands out.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira

You added Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salahuddin Road, Deira | Deira, Dubai 8668, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #63 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida, United States
“It is an OK place, nothing stands out.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Rooms are bright, clean and spotless, and well maintained bathrooms with good lighting. Location, entrance, lobby, restuarants and staff are just average and nothing notable compared to the other hotels in Dubai, especially for the money you pay. Rooms are a bit noisy and you can hear kids crying, and people talking the whole night in the adjoining room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear "SamTampa",

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com.

I am sorry to hear that we have not met your expectation during your last visit and I also like to apologise for the noise disturbance. We have taken note that we will allocate you a more quite room for any future stays. However I am very happy to note that you enjoyed the style of our newly renovated rooms.

We hope that we will have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I made two separate one night stays. My first stay was quite busy. When I wanted to take a bath at the end of a long day, the water pressure was so low that I gave up on trying to fill up the tub. A few days later I received a follow up email from the management so I mentioned the problem. I also told them that I would be needing a hotel room in Dubai on my way back. I was given an upgrade to a suite. This was excellent follow up service. Room rates are very competitive for this level quality in Dubai.

In both cases rooms were high quality. The regular double room had a work desk. The suite had two bathrooms and a walk in closet. I ordered room service for dinner and the food was good. The breakfast buffet is also very good with good themed foods. The lobby area is in an atrium and is very pleasant.

The location in Deira is very convenient as my destinations are not in the Shiek Zayed Rd. area. It is very close to the airport and there are two metro stations nearby. There is valet parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Zoglets",

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted that we were able to provide you with an upgrade and I am sorry about the plumbing issue in your initial room. Furthermore I am very pleased to hear that you also enjoyed the facilities we provide.

Please feel free to share your feedback with your personal contacts. We would ensure that they are well looked after too, whilst staying with us.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very nice hotel, rooms are bright, clean. Nice bathroom and bathtub, same for the toiletries.
Service impeccable from most of the staff, especially a receptionist called Alisha who will perfectly take care of you and make your stay as enjoyable as possible!
Lounge is a must, very tasty!
The breakfast provides a very big choice of everything, u definitely have to book the room with breakfast.
Location is really good.
The pool, even small, is a perfect place to relax, with a jacuzzi aside.
I truly recommend this hotel and will stay again when I'll come back to Dubai-Deira.
Platinum members are well treated!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear "pitt1912",

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are thrilled to have received your feedback and it is a pleasure to read your comments regarding our facilities and services. Especially I am pleased that you found our guest services impeccable and also I am very pleased to read that Alisa stood out. I will ensure that she is thanked for her commitment to exceed guest expectation.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Unannounced power outage marred an otherwise decent experience. First experience was superior to follow on visits. Note that the lowest prices may be found on discount websites rather than direct. Decent gym and bar.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear "BoomerPickins",

Thank you for returning to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are pleased to hear that appart from the unexpected power outage the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I am very sorry about the unfortunate power outage, which was caused by our local power supplier.

I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We adore this hotel, this feels like a proper home from home.

Bruno and his staff are great, the hotel rooms are awesome after the refit, the Club Lounge looks sleek and modern now too.
Stayed in room 644 and since the updated works the rooms are better than ever. Enjoyed a really amazing sleep in possibly the comfiest bed ever !

What stands out here is the fact that after not being back in almost 12 months the staff who were there last time, remember you and make you feel so welcome.

What really hits home, is as we were leaving to get to the airport, one of the guys on the door recognized us, cam across to greet me and told his colleague that I enjoyed the Karachi Darbar for eating out. This made the both of us laugh, 11 months since I last saw him, he still recognised us and remembers where he ordered the taxi to take us.

Breakfast here is still great, had an omelette with fresh chillies in, as great as ever. Plenty of choice, all fresh and well presented food.

Back there in 2 weeks, sadly just overnight though.

Any time we are coming to Dubai, this is our first hotel we check availability for.
Platinum guests means we have access to the Club Lounge which is great, the staff there once again remembered us from our previous visits.

Nothing better after a 'hard day' to soak in the corner bath, with piped music before sinking into a massive, comfy bed.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are massive, well equipped.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Oggy-Yorkshire",

Thank you for returning back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to have received your feedback, especially after receiving your review from your previous stay. We are thrilled to note that you felt recognised and I will ensure that I will share your wonderful feedback with our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon again.

Grossostheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed there for 9 nights in December 2013, the entire time of our vacations in Dubai.

We arrived in the middle of the night, but the hotel infrastructure was in "full swing" and the staff very friendly. I received a verbal "thank you" for being a gold member of IHG. Although I doubt that we received any kind of upgrade. Both rooms were the once we booked, at least it was on the 5th floor with a nice view.

The rooms, as the rest of the hotel, must have undergone a careful renovation process. The rooms are not extremely large, nor is the bathroom, but it is sufficient for a city hotel. Everything is very clean and housekeeping is very reliable.

Bathroom is modern and functional.

Only little issue, the Wifi signal is partially weak in the room and the need to login in again after 24 hours is a bit annoying. But not a major issue and the standard speed is available for free.

The choice of TV channels is good.

Despite being so close to the airport and the planes are actually flying almost just right in front of the windows, it is almost impossible to hear them. Noise insulation is terrific! At least to the outside. Unfortunately you constantly hear doors opening and closing. Not a big issue, as during the nights the activities are "limited" in that respect....but for sure something to mention.

The aircon works great. Almost free of noise as long as you select the "auto" fan speed.

Breakfast has a wide choice of anything in good quality, the staff again is very friendly and helpful. They passed my "espresso test", instead of filter coffee I got my espresso every morning, excellent!

The only place I was not very amused about was "Harrys". It is supposed to be a sports bar (football broadcasting) with live music. The concept is a bit strange. You have TV's with football broadcasting and in one corner live music. Of course the music is dominating. Unfortunately are most of the people interested to look at the TV's. In our opinion they should either focus on football or on live music, but both together at the same time is strange. The service was a bit slow in the beginning but once they had realised to have ignored us for a long time it was perfect.

The outside pool area is nice - for a downton location - and we always found enough space to relax for a while.

Would be nice if the hotel had a "deal" with one of the beach clubs to get the opportunity to transfer to a beach for swimming. When I asked the concierge for recommendations, they did not provide very helpful information.

The hotel has a big enough underground parking which is free of charge. Also the metro stations are not so far away.

After all we felt "at home" in this hotel, despite the relatively long stay we did not get bored. Would I return to this hotel? Yes!

Finally I would like to stress once again the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "ThomasBavaria",

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to hear that you consider our hotel to be your home away from home in Dubai and that you were recognised as an IHG Rewards Club Member on arrival. Furthermore I am very happy to note that you overal enjoyed the facilities and services.

Additionally, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our Harry's Bar. We are using your feedback to review our offerings and to improve the services in this outlet. Please also be informed that we have started a complimentary daily beach shuttle service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back on another occassion.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The site was huge, with a guest bathroom. Modern amenities. If you are looking to do in the markets then the location is ideal, however if you want to stay in the more swanky places then look elsewhere. Everyone was friendly. The reason it gets 4 stars is because it's rated as a 5 star hotel and despite me enjoying my time there it felt like a 4* at best

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Chris S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review regarding your recent stay.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and that you found our colleagues to be consistantly friendly.

I hope we have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira? Share your experiences!