“Wonderful stay! Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira

You added Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salahuddin Road, Deira | Deira, Dubai 8668, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #56 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Paris, France
“Wonderful stay! Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very nice hotel, rooms are bright, clean. Nice bathroom and bathtub, same for the toiletries.
Service impeccable from most of the staff, especially a receptionist called Alisha who will perfectly take care of you and make your stay as enjoyable as possible!
Lounge is a must, very tasty!
The breakfast provides a very big choice of everything, u definitely have to book the room with breakfast.
Location is really good.
The pool, even small, is a perfect place to relax, with a jacuzzi aside.
I truly recommend this hotel and will stay again when I'll come back to Dubai-Deira.
Platinum members are well treated!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear "pitt1912",

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are thrilled to have received your feedback and it is a pleasure to read your comments regarding our facilities and services. Especially I am pleased that you found our guest services impeccable and also I am very pleased to read that Alisa stood out. I will ensure that she is thanked for her commitment to exceed guest expectation.

Please feel free to share your feedback with your personal contacts. We would ensure that they are well looked after too, whilst staying with us.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Unannounced power outage marred an otherwise decent experience. First experience was superior to follow on visits. Note that the lowest prices may be found on discount websites rather than direct. Decent gym and bar.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear "BoomerPickins",

Thank you for returning to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are pleased to hear that appart from the unexpected power outage the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I am very sorry about the unfortunate power outage, which was caused by our local power supplier.

I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We adore this hotel, this feels like a proper home from home.

Bruno and his staff are great, the hotel rooms are awesome after the refit, the Club Lounge looks sleek and modern now too.
Stayed in room 644 and since the updated works the rooms are better than ever. Enjoyed a really amazing sleep in possibly the comfiest bed ever !

What stands out here is the fact that after not being back in almost 12 months the staff who were there last time, remember you and make you feel so welcome.

What really hits home, is as we were leaving to get to the airport, one of the guys on the door recognized us, cam across to greet me and told his colleague that I enjoyed the Karachi Darbar for eating out. This made the both of us laugh, 11 months since I last saw him, he still recognised us and remembers where he ordered the taxi to take us.

Breakfast here is still great, had an omelette with fresh chillies in, as great as ever. Plenty of choice, all fresh and well presented food.

Back there in 2 weeks, sadly just overnight though.

Any time we are coming to Dubai, this is our first hotel we check availability for.
Platinum guests means we have access to the Club Lounge which is great, the staff there once again remembered us from our previous visits.

Nothing better after a 'hard day' to soak in the corner bath, with piped music before sinking into a massive, comfy bed.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are massive, well equipped.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Oggy-Yorkshire",

Thank you for returning back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to have received your feedback, especially after receiving your review from your previous stay. We are thrilled to note that you felt recognised and I will ensure that I will share your wonderful feedback with our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon again.

Grossostheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed there for 9 nights in December 2013, the entire time of our vacations in Dubai.

We arrived in the middle of the night, but the hotel infrastructure was in "full swing" and the staff very friendly. I received a verbal "thank you" for being a gold member of IHG. Although I doubt that we received any kind of upgrade. Both rooms were the once we booked, at least it was on the 5th floor with a nice view.

The rooms, as the rest of the hotel, must have undergone a careful renovation process. The rooms are not extremely large, nor is the bathroom, but it is sufficient for a city hotel. Everything is very clean and housekeeping is very reliable.

Bathroom is modern and functional.

Only little issue, the Wifi signal is partially weak in the room and the need to login in again after 24 hours is a bit annoying. But not a major issue and the standard speed is available for free.

The choice of TV channels is good.

Despite being so close to the airport and the planes are actually flying almost just right in front of the windows, it is almost impossible to hear them. Noise insulation is terrific! At least to the outside. Unfortunately you constantly hear doors opening and closing. Not a big issue, as during the nights the activities are "limited" in that respect....but for sure something to mention.

The aircon works great. Almost free of noise as long as you select the "auto" fan speed.

Breakfast has a wide choice of anything in good quality, the staff again is very friendly and helpful. They passed my "espresso test", instead of filter coffee I got my espresso every morning, excellent!

The only place I was not very amused about was "Harrys". It is supposed to be a sports bar (football broadcasting) with live music. The concept is a bit strange. You have TV's with football broadcasting and in one corner live music. Of course the music is dominating. Unfortunately are most of the people interested to look at the TV's. In our opinion they should either focus on football or on live music, but both together at the same time is strange. The service was a bit slow in the beginning but once they had realised to have ignored us for a long time it was perfect.

The outside pool area is nice - for a downton location - and we always found enough space to relax for a while.

Would be nice if the hotel had a "deal" with one of the beach clubs to get the opportunity to transfer to a beach for swimming. When I asked the concierge for recommendations, they did not provide very helpful information.

The hotel has a big enough underground parking which is free of charge. Also the metro stations are not so far away.

After all we felt "at home" in this hotel, despite the relatively long stay we did not get bored. Would I return to this hotel? Yes!

Finally I would like to stress once again the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "ThomasBavaria",

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to hear that you consider our hotel to be your home away from home in Dubai and that you were recognised as an IHG Rewards Club Member on arrival. Furthermore I am very happy to note that you overal enjoyed the facilities and services.

Additionally, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our Harry's Bar. We are using your feedback to review our offerings and to improve the services in this outlet. Please also be informed that we have started a complimentary daily beach shuttle service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back on another occassion.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The site was huge, with a guest bathroom. Modern amenities. If you are looking to do in the markets then the location is ideal, however if you want to stay in the more swanky places then look elsewhere. Everyone was friendly. The reason it gets 4 stars is because it's rated as a 5 star hotel and despite me enjoying my time there it felt like a 4* at best

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Chris S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review regarding your recent stay.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and that you found our colleagues to be consistantly friendly.

I hope we have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in October for two days on a business trip. Overall I had a pleasant stay. I booked a double room with breakfast. Room was big, comfortable with all facilities one can ask for. Hotel staff is friendly and helping. They helped me in getting visa and arranged airport pick up as well. No problem of any sort. After reaching the hotel, their staff picked up my luggage from the car and delivered at my room within no time. Great service. Reception staff was friendly and welcoming. Prompt automated alarm facility. Good wifi. Very good open swimming pool. Breakfast was also up to the mark. Lot of variety in cereals, juices, breads. They had continental, Indian and other stuff too for breakfast. After I checked out, hotel staff helped me in keeping my luggage for few hours in their safe custody and even offered a changing room as well, in case required. Location is great as it is within walking distance from the metro station. All in all I had comfortable stay and an awesome experience at Crowne Plaza. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear "KP85",

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our team was able to look after you and that they efficiently dealt with all your requests.

The hotel team would highly appreciate if you could share your feedback with your personal contacts. We would ensure that they are well looked after too whilst staying with us.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and I was very impressed with the hotels cleanliness and general feeling. At first when I checked in with reception they did not have the smoking room that I had booked on-line, but after I showed the booking printout the were quick to upgrade me to a junior suite at no extra charge. I was now a lot happier.
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant at this hotel, but breakfast was good and their hotel bar was a good place to relax after a day at work, it has a sports bar look and feel.
Room was very nice and comfortable, good to work in after hours to catch up on reports etc.
Room service was good and staff in all areas were above par, except the reception desk folks could learn to smile a little. Last thing travelers want to see is a non-expressive person at the reception desk, they were not rude at all, just looked a little tired maybe.

But in general I highly recommend this hotel, I will definitely stay at this hotel again and I recommend this hotel to anyone. To the staff and management Great Job! Remember to smile ok :)

Room Tip: If you are on business and need to work in your room, go for the Junior Suite. You will like it and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Nathein O.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

I am pleased to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to upgrade you as well as that you liked our breakfast offerings. I like to apologize to you that we have not made you feel more welcome on arrival and please be assured that your feedback is shared with the Front Office team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at another occasion.

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira? Share your experiences!