“Getting a bit Tired” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira

You added Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salahuddin Road, Deira | Deira, Dubai 8668, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
West Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Getting a bit Tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed easily over a 100 nights here over the last 5 years. The hotel is really well located on Sheihk Zayed Rd and the choice and quality of restarants is good. I have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. This is one of the original hotels in Dubai and it is beginning to look a little tired now but still a good choice

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear "SJH_Reviewer",

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai-Deira.

In your review you highlighted the proximity to Sheikh Zayed Road, so I assume you actually referring to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai located on Sheikh Zayed Road.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased to read that the they have served you in a friendly way.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai-Deira is undergoing renovation currently and we will have brand new rooms available as of next month.

If you decide to stay with us in Dubai-Deira I would delighted to welcome you.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister and I spent 3 nights here. What a wonderful stay. All the staff were helpful and very friendly. It was my birthday and they had put a birthday cake in our room. What a wonderful surprise. We had fresh fruit in the room everyday.
Would stay here again. Thank you to everyone there.
Carol and Jennifer from Australia

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Carol and Jennifer,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.com.

I am very proud to be able to share your feedback with the hotel team at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

It is our goal to ensure that we provide the best possible service to our guests and I am very pleased to read that we successfully achieved this and that we were also able to surprise you during your holiday with a birthday cake.

We hope that we have another opportunity very soon to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Was here for a 2 night stay on a Pointsbreak deal which is incredible value for this hotel. (If you dont know what Pointsbreak is, google it)

Emmy (I hope I got her name right) was a delight at the front desk and checked me in. As a Platinum member I was given a club floor room with access to the club lounge. With complimentary breakfast, all day snacks, coffee and tea, as well as cocktails in the evening I almost felt like I was being paid to stay here. The lobby is also quite nice.....with all the snacks etc, I never really got a chance to try out any of the dining options within the hotel, though Spice Bazaar (I think that was the name) looked tempting.

The rooms are nice but outdated. The hotel is in the middle of renovations at the moment bringing in more modern rooms. Sadly none of them are ready yet. The renovations also are barely noticeable as its all cordoned off and you barely notice anything different. The bathrooms are quite large with a full sized tub, plus a shower. This hotel doesn't really offer anything in terms of views, so if you want that, I would probably stay in downtown Dubai or on Sheikh Zayed Road. Parking is free as well. The only gripe I had here was wifi was only in the common areas. In the room, you had to use a wired internet connection...hopefully this will be fixed with the renovation. The lounge is very nice, the staff are very attentive and breakfast selection is very decent. Stay away from the orange juice though....it says fresh orange juice, though it really just comes from a bottle. The pool area is nice and clean....there was barely anyone there during the 2 days I was there....though it was a good 100 degree both days so that would explain why....

The location worked for me, its about 10 kms away from downtown Dubai. There are plenty of dining options around with 2 big malls (al reef and al ghurair) within walking distance plus plenty of restaurants on the streets nearby, as well as a Geant supermarket a couple of buildings down.

I don't really know what regular rates are like at this hotel, but I certainly was very satisfied with my stay. Thank you Crowne Plaza for a wonderful 2 days in Dubai.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms on the club floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear "sandyjb83",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt recognized as a Priority Club Platinum Reward guest, as well as that you were able to enjoy the complimentary upgrade to our Club Floor.

The newly renovated rooms will be available for sale in the coming months. These new luxury rooms will offer state of the art connectivity and will also feature a WIFI connection in each room. Furthermore, I am happy to read that you were not disturbed by the ongoing refurbishment work in progress.

We hope that we have another opportunity in the near future to welcome you and your family back to the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I have just spent 3 days at this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The whole of the staff pulled out all the stops for us and made the whole experience certainly one never to be forgotten. The reception staff (Ian is a wonderful caring guy, thank you), the management team, the bar staff in Harrys Place, the Concierge, have got hospitality down to a fine art. We have been Priority Club since 1988 but there is nothing in the past 24 years that could better our experience of this IHG hotel. Anyone who wants to complain about this place must have a few brain cells missing because we couldn't fault it in anyway whatsoever.
Thank you very much for a superb stay and a fantastic wedding anniversary. Yes we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Room and get the full works. Faultless. The renovated rooms will be excellent when the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

I am extremely delighted to have read through your comments regarding your recent stay and how we have made your wedding anniversary in the hotel a memorable one.

With pleasure I have shared your feedback with the hotel team and in particular I am happy to reward Ian for his contributions to exceed guest expectations.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Under renovation but you would never know you are not affected by it! Very good location you can walk to the creek, reef mall over the road (has a funcity for little ones). Taxis are cheap to just about anywhere due to its location. Door staff were excellent and very friendly and always helped with the pram. Check in was effortless. Rooms are dated, hence the renovation underway but they are still very clean. Being a platinum member of IHG we received an upgrade and got full use of the club room, they were great with our baby and even brought a hi chair in the club lounge, a 1st for the hotel i think. The pool is great very large and clean unusual from some of the hotels in dubai some have very small pools. Will definately return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear rachel83,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor.com.

I am extremely delighted to read your review and that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira. I am very happy to share you wonderful feedback with our hotel team.

Furthermore I am pleased to note that the renovation of our current guest rooms as not affected your stay at all.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and experience the brand new rooms available in the coming months.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Just spent two days at this Hotel and was very impressed. After an extremely long flight from Australia to Dubai, it was such a nice to arrive at such a lovely hotel. I was checked-in by Rishat who was extremely professional, courteous and efficient. The room was clean, bright and very comfortable.
Had breakfast at the Spice Restuarant which was great value for money and the staff there, too were very efficient and polite.
Situated close to the Metro and Reef Mall and close to the airport I would highly recommend this property.
Barbara
Sydney, Australia

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear traveller1033,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com.

Our hotel team is delighted to receive you feedback and we are very pleased that you have enjoyed the hotel and its services.

I am very happy to read that all our staff, in particular Rishat, made you feel special and welcomed throughout your stay.

We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to break up the journey from NZ to LHR and couldn't have chosen a better hotel.. The rooms were fantastic - extremely comfortable beds and very spacious. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had and was included in the room price. The hotel is very close to the airport if you need to get a flight (about 10 minutes in a taxi). Finally and most importantly, the staff - without exception - were excellent. Really polite and friendly and some of the best service I have received in a hotel. Reasonably priced hotel so great value and great service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Jane R,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities have met your expectations.

Moreover, I am very pleased to read that the services you have received were the best ever. At Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira we aim to provide the best service available and we are very happy to read that we have succeeded in doing so.

I will share your kind comments with the hotel team.

We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira? Share your experiences!